Living Green? It's a Jungle our there..!

ILoveCyrus

Friends, let's agree that if not for our "caring and tending"...... our homes may get swallowed up by the Jungle we call the Philippines (except condos may take longer to over-run)

Here are photos of our home after being away for roughly 12 months (July '12---Aug '13)

My wife was astonished..!!! A few more months and the upstairs windows would have been covered by this creepy vine.

The vines originates from behind our back wall.........in some vacant, empty lot.  That's why I asked a while back about some Agent Orange or something similar.........LOL

post-13147-0-34412900-1399185240_thumb.jpg

post-13147-0-82172100-1399185243_thumb.jpg

post-13147-0-87317600-1399185252_thumb.jpg

post-13147-0-83821100-1399185259_thumb.jpg

Skywalker

I'd be careful with that.  It looks very like an invitation to someone interested in 'house sitting' your property.

Empty house indicator?

ILoveCyrus

i know dude......... but I've got a plan for NEXT time...!!!  

I will let loose a few goats in yard....lol

Edited by ILoveCyrus
  • Like 1
Hy H

Lantana?.......that stuff is hard to control...yeah you might have to resort to agent orange or napalm with that one. be careful with later, might discolor the house.     :nuke:   

Edited by Hy H
Paul

Philippines version of Kudzu? Brother, it is ALL over Georgia. It is also difficult - VERY difficult, to kill in tropical climates. The only thing that keeps it anywhere near "in check" in the southeastern US, is the fact that winter comes and kills it back. It cannot take any sort of cold. 

• 1 month later...
greengorilla

Just keep in mind that toxins like roundup are toxic in parts per billion, it is unnecessary for a small area like that. Id either find some animals that will chew it back, or get out the machette, and cut it down to ground level. A steamer might work too. Once that is done you can throw down some black pond plastic and that will kill it off and keep the area clear. Once you have done that id put in some kind of plants you like that will grow over the vine and stop it from spreading.

ILoveCyrus

Guys.... keep in mind that this VINE is not on my property.  It is behind my fence line.  I may hire the guys back there to chop it back every few months and pay them for the work.