Headshot

No. Cathay is 3 hrs in HE

KAL is 3 hrs at ICN

I think the big benefit from me is going to be the late night departure and the day time arrival in Cebu

Yeah, I love getting into Cebu at midday rather than at midnight. I see that as a huge advantage for Cathay Pacific over it's international competition. If there prices are now competitive, then that is great.

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• towboat72

• tim

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cheaper than driving and saves wear and tear on your own vehicle from salt water damage and shark attacks.

I know it sounds odd, and will take more time, but it might be worth checking going via London. Right now, London to Ceby (return) is £550 on Cathay Pacific. London-Miami is usually sub-£400.

when travelling to the US i see people quoting prices. but its the dates when travelling with the prices that mean anything. i'm leaving may 9 returning may 29 ceb to lax  RT around 1190.... that is w

towboat72

What dates?   July/august dates were way higher than that!

july 15th

Jester

Think outside the box.

Trips from ewr to ceb in June are about $1600 1 stop 21 hrs total. U can fly direct from ft Meyers to ewr for $300 on united. Might even be less travel time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I have the luxury of choice when I travel. So am able to go when fares are reasonable.   Sometimes just a few days difference can save many $$.   

Whiner

davedude

Korean Air. Late November. About $1350 each round trip from Dallas to Cebu. We fly straight to Incheon airport and then straight to Cebu. Can't wait!

Dave Dude

Edited by davedude
  • Like 1
Maybe Next Yr

july 15th

How did you book? I just went online and didn't see anything under $1900 ... at $1100 I would have booked!

towboat72

I did not book (my  mistake) that is when im going back to Cebu.But  it was cathay pacific into manila not to mactan .

I never book into Cebu, ive found it cheaper to have my wife buy my tickets manila to Cebu there.costs me about 30.00 us were if I buy it  with my  ticket its about 250.00 us

davedude

I did not book (my  mistake) that is when im going back to Cebu.But  it was cathay pacific into manila not to mactan .

I never book into Cebu, ive found it cheaper to have my wife buy my tickets manila to Cebu there.costs me about 30.00 us were if I buy it  with my  ticket its about 250.00 us

Me too, always cheaper to book to Manila and then have my wife book local flight from MNL to CEB. But this time we are both flying to PH(her first trip back home since we married) and wanted to check two fifty pound bags each free all the way to Cebu. I don't think that would be possible flying local.

The rate was reasonable enough booked straight from the Korean Air website so that is what I did. I went back and looked at the booking details, the fare was actually $942 and taxes/fees etc.. were $442 for a total of $1384. This is from mid-November returning at the end of November. Departure arrival times are not ideal, but it works out ok. Heading out we leave at casual 10:30 am but arrive in Cebu late at 23:10. We leave Cebu at 00:35 on a Sunday morning but that gets us back to Dallas at 08:35am local time the same day. I like just one stop each way. NOT stopping at LAX and doing the immigration crap there and worrying about catching a domestic flight to Dallas is worth it. Plus the total travel time is minimal without (much) concern over missing connections.

Dave Dude

Enuff

Me too, always cheaper to book to Manila and then have my wife book local flight from MNL to CEB. But this time we are both flying to PH(her first trip back home since we married) and wanted to check two fifty pound bags each free all the way to Cebu. I don't think that would be possible flying local.

The rate was reasonable enough booked straight from the Korean Air website so that is what I did. I went back and looked at the booking details, the fare was actually $942 and taxes/fees etc.. were $442 for a total of $1384. This is from mid-November returning at the end of November. Departure arrival times are not ideal, but it works out ok. Heading out we leave at casual 10:30 am but arrive in Cebu late at 23:10. We leave Cebu at 00:35 on a Sunday morning but that gets us back to Dallas at 08:35am local time the same day. I like just one stop each way. NOT stopping at LAX and doing the immigration crap there and worrying about catching a domestic flight to Dallas is worth it. Plus the total travel time is minimal without (much) concern over missing connections.

Dave Dude

the times are not the best but you will find the customs a breeze. when flying in on KAL the customs agents LOVE to search every Korean on the plane. Me they just ask what's in my bag, I say clothes, they say go ahead. not sure of your layover but mine is usually 3 hours and sometimes its not enough. ICN is definitely a first class airport with just about every amenity required for travel.

• Like 1

I would love to have to go thru two airports to make my trip to Cebu City.. Dallas to Korea is SWEET ... my wife auntie does it once a year. She usually goes KAL in late October so her fairs are great prices...

since I live in Memphis the best  I can expect is 3 airports...memphis to chicago (or fill in the blank dallas - altanta - denver etc...) to Korea to Cebu ... cost more and adds hours to the trip....

SkyMan

.... that is with a layover in hong kong overnight.. hotel in the mansion cost $40.00 or thats what the building is called. it's a nice hotel room so i'll make a nice day in Hong Kong

Is that the real name of it? How do you find out about it?