ChrisCHI

Just got a flight ORD to MNL round trip with stopover in Honalulu each way for $1500 round trip. It's the lowest I've seen from Chicago in a long time plus the bonus stopover had to jump on it :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• RogerDuMond

• SkyMan

• Scruffydog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cheaper than driving and saves wear and tear on your own vehicle from salt water damage and shark attacks.

I know it sounds odd, and will take more time, but it might be worth checking going via London. Right now, London to Ceby (return) is £550 on Cathay Pacific. London-Miami is usually sub-£400.

when travelling to the US i see people quoting prices. but its the dates when travelling with the prices that mean anything. i'm leaving may 9 returning may 29 ceb to lax  RT around 1190.... that is w

RedKing

What time of year are prices generally the lowest?

contraman

You will go crazy if you try and work out how airlines work out their pricing.

This week flew from Manila to Cebu.

Advertised as php 648

But it actually cost

Fare 648

Web admin fee 120

Taxes & fees 755.16 (more than the fare)

Total 1523.16

What the hell?

But its only $35.00

Edited by contraman
Enuff

no matter what you do be sure to invest a few minutes in research.

there are many search engines for airfares. make sure you check them all as they are all a little different. you can also set up alerts at most of these site for specific date, when the price drops or raises they will email you. also you can search flexible dates, moving your departure up or back 3 days could save you $500. do your homework.

1. skyscanner   http://www.skyscanner.com/

2. matrix   http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

3. vayama  http://www.vayama.com/

4. priceline  http://www.priceline.com/

5. expedia  http://www.expedia.com/

• Like 1
Mandingo

My wife and I both get a travel allowance from our work, about $1,700 each, two times a year but they have to be used separately so we can't combine the two allowances and use them both at once. If I were to buy a ticket myself the lowest price I can find today, flying in the next 30 days, is $3,400....crazy!!!

A year ago we paid $200 and last November we paid $400 plus our $1,700 travel allowances so appears prices have gone up quite a bit. I have never paid more than $700 in the last 7 or 8 times we've gone.

Dutch Harbor to Anchorage to Seattle to Tokyo to Manila and 34 hours and 15 minutes of travel.

Enuff

I just booked my Xmas trip. Usually I fly Korean air from Washington dc, 1 stop at ICN and arrive in cebu midnight. Flights generally less than $1500. Right now KAL has been hanging around $2600 and slowly increasing for the Xmas trip. Using other airlines is $2265 at best and adding 6+ hours to the trip as well as additional stops along the way, still arrive at midnight.

I just booked from EWR Newark NJ on Cathay Pacific with 1 stop in Hong Kong and arriving at 1pm. It's about a 4 hour drive but I have free nights at close hotel with free parking and shuttle. Depending on how well this goes it might be my new route. Flight was $1860.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enuff

I just checked Cathay Pacific for a random trip in September and they are $1198 rt to cebu total trip time 21 hrs both ways. Exact opposite of KAL. I leave usa at 1am and arrive in cebu 12pm. I might like this better as it's easier arrival time and even better departure times.

Scruffydog

I watch the fares and right now a flight round trip from Ft Myers FL to Cebu for the month of June is $2234, that is the absolute cheapest I see for the month of June!!

For the month of June round trip Ft Myers FL to Manila absolute cheapest fare is $1297.    Yes figures are US $ not peso's!!

Those are the lowest prices, if one needs to be picky about dates, times, airlines, airports, routes etc the prices are only up from there.

As the crow flies it is about 9000 miles each way, so a $1800 RT ticket is only 10 cents a mile an amazing bargain in this day and age.

HTH  Whiner

We were going to go in the next few weeks, but the tickets from ATL-Ceb have gone nuts.  They usually don't go up until late may. They come back down to around 14-1500 late August. We may wait 

Scruffydog

What time of year are prices generally the lowest?

I have found Mid Jan- Mid May and  then Late Aug-Mid Dec. Basically from my experience anytime school is out tickets sky rocket 

• Like 1
Maybe Next Yr

A TICKET FROM SFO TO MAINLA ON CATHAY PACIFIC MIDDLE OF JULY IS  ABOUT $1100.00 R/TRIP

What dates?   July/august dates were way higher than that!

Enuff

I watch the fares and right now a flight round trip from Ft Myers FL to Cebu for the month of June is $2234, that is the absolute cheapest I see for the month of June!!

For the month of June round trip Ft Myers FL to Manila absolute cheapest fare is $1297. Yes figures are US $ not peso's!!

Those are the lowest prices, if one needs to be picky about dates, times, airlines, airports, routes etc the prices are only up from there.

As the crow flies it is about 9000 miles each way, so a $1800 RT ticket is only 10 cents a mile an amazing bargain in this day and age.

HTH Whiner

Think outside the box.

Trips from ewr to ceb in June are about $1600 1 stop 21 hrs total. U can fly direct from ft Meyers to ewr for $300 on united. Might even be less travel time.

Edited by bigmook
ex231

I have found Mid Jan- Mid May and  then Late Aug-Mid Dec. Basically from my experience anytime school is out tickets sky rocket 

Yep .. just checked and it's about $500 cheaper when school resumes in the US

tim

I just checked Cathay Pacific for a random trip in September and they are $1198 rt to cebu total trip time 21 hrs both ways. Exact opposite of KAL. I leave usa at 1am and arrive in cebu 12pm. I might like this better as it's easier arrival time and even better departure times.

It is weird this year... Cathay Pacific (CP) was always priced higher than anyone else, but this year KAL and Asiana  Air are higher ... from November until March (traveling early May) I checked every day on prices and CP was the best prices around.. the problem was there was a long layover in Hong Kong both ways...they almost won me over but for that long trip with the long layovers was too much... they did get into Cebu City at 11 am instead of midnight like KAL and Asiana Air... which would be nice...

Headshot

Cathay Pacific's layover in Hong Kong used to be about three hours, which was perfect. Has that changed?

• Like 1
Enuff

Cathay Pacific's layover in Hong Kong used to be about three hours, which was perfect. Has that changed?

No. Cathay is 3 hrs in HE

KAL is 3 hrs at ICN

I think the big benefit from me is going to be the late night departure and the day time arrival in Cebu