Stood up at Mactan Airport

Brucewayne

I am indifferent as far as the scam games go.

"Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me"

comes to mind.

• Like 3
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

spydoo

how do you do that without breaking the mirror

Get fit with both cardio and strength training and eat right. Don't smoke and don't drink too much. If possible, get your health right instead of taking medication that only deals with the symptoms. Balance and sort your life so you get the right amount of sleep and not too much stress.

*not judging anyone who can't for whatever reason.

Edited by spydoo
  • Like 5
tokyoman

Just give them a Free drink coupon at Mango Square ... everything will work out from there ... a lot of soft shoulders to cry on

I was staying in Burgos St in Makati in November 2011 when just across the road a Belgian guy had jumped from his room at the Makati palace hotel....later I found out it was due to his marriage proposal being turned down

No doubt there are guys who get stood up consider killing themselves as well.....

MANILA, Philippines—A Belgian national allegedly jumped off from the 12th floor of the Makati Palace Hotel in Poblacion village Wednesday afternoon, Makati City police chief Senior Superintendent Jaime Santos said.

Authorities identified the victim as one Marrion Thiery Mauris who was rushed to Ospital ng Makati after he was found along P. Burgos Street by responders at around 1 p.m.

He died at around 2:40 p.m., said Santos.

Initial investigation indicated that Mauris committed suicide after his girlfriend allegedly refused to marry him, said the police chief.

The victim allegedly left a suicide note on his Facebook account, he added.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/95101/belgian-national-jumps-to-his-death-in-makati-city-due-to-%e2%80%98love-problem%e2%80%99#ixzz2zwWgGIpr 
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

ozboy

Spy..you sure sound a fine specimen of a bronzed aussie lifesaver.....post a pic to bosshog so he can frame it over his bar so the local gals can drool......... :cool:

• Like 1
Jess Bartone

EDIT: Banned content removed

You're quite right but not all of us are fat and worn out. My face is exceedingly ugly but the rest of me has been forced to stay in place. My wife is a "twenty something poor province girl" I met online but she seems to think the two aspects balance each other out. After five years married and the gift of a child, the mutual attraction has done nothing but increase exponentially.

Life is a lottery.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 5
smokey

Get fit with both cardio and strength training and eat right. Don't smoke and don't drink too much. If possible, get your health right instead of taking medication that only deals with the symptoms. Balance and sort your life so you get the right amount of sleep and not too much stress.

to late for me in all respects I have had 3 x wives ..

hyaku

Thanks, I'll remember that.

ozboy

Jess ..not talking about those that were not stood up at the airport......congrats on the cute kid mate n wish you every happiness...did not post to make fun of anyone's choices.....

• Like 1

stood up would be when the girl goes 6,000 miles to a strange country and has no one there to meet her that's stood up

It sucks to be stood up whether you drove 5 minutes or flew 24 hours.

Is it really so different from a 7 hour ferry ride or a 6 hour bump along ride on a non aircon bus?

Or to chat for weeks/months online only to have the guy never come see you or worse, say he'll come see you but wants to see a sample first.

The truth is that one of the reasons a decent foreigner can come to PI and do so well is that the girls have already encountered plenty of douche bags of both the foreign and Pinoy variety.

Just saying...

SkyMan

Lot's of banned topic posts deleted.  Soon it will just be the posters.

Did everyone read this?  Age differences are a banned topic.  You can have an opinion, just keep it to yourself.  More warning points handed out, lots more available.

Paul

Davaoeno

Most of time I can't tell when people are being sarcastic unless the effort is of extremely poor quality.

Your's was broader line - that why I asked. :sarcasm:

When reading one of his replies, always start with, "It must be sarcasm," and move on from there. You will be correct more often than not. :D

• Like 1
Davaoeno

When reading one of his replies, always start with, "It must be sarcasm," and move on from there. You will be correct more often than not. :D

ouch ! Sir- you have cut me to the quick !! 

• Like 1
Jess Bartone

Jess ..not talking about those that were not stood up at the airport......congrats on the cute kid mate n wish you every happiness...did not post to make fun of anyone's choices.....

No explanation needed my friend. I was just pointing out that accepted perceptions on a number of fronts are not necessarily the rule.

Back in 2006 I landed at Mactan all bright eyed and bushy tailed to meet what I thought was my dream woman... well she never stood me up that day but as time unfolded I discovered that she was "entertaining" other men, who were apparently smarter than me at the time because they all dumped her, so she reverted back to me... I experienced a momentary lapse of reason but soon enough recovered, came to my senses, and dumped her too. She contacted me later to tell me she was pregnant, which threw me into a panic about how I should deal with this new development, and I was ready to take her back for the sake of our child. Anyway next thing she says it was a mistake and she wasn't pregnant after all, so our contact stopped.

About a year later her cousin, who had been an understanding and supportive friend, and who had tried to tell me her cousin was wrong for me, contacted me to say that my former fiancee had married a German fellow, and sent me photos of the wedding (cracked me up because a German former member of this forum was the best man), along with photos of "their" child. After seeing photos of the kid I remain convinced that she's mine (looks a lot like my son and my little brother), but I try not to let it upset me because she has an apparently good life in Germany.

The lady in question was not evil or malicious, she was just desperate to get a foreign husband, and she did some things without thinking about the consequences. In truth she did me a favour because the "rose coloured glasses" were smashed beyond repair. Sure I went through a period of introspection and self-doubt, but after a year or so I put myself out there again with a new understanding, without residual bitterness. I chatted with dozens of women on line but with my new understanding I was able to see them for what they are... largely desperate to do as they are told by family and "snag" a foreigner, some with nefarious intentions, but mostly with a sincere heartfelt commitment to enter into a marriage and make it successful, and hopefully fall in love. Even the sincere ladies are prone to positioning themselves within a known stereotype.

In reading these pages I often laugh out loud at the egomaniacal all-knowing attitude (when it comes to Filipino culture) of certain foreigners, and have been known to make acerbic comments from time to time, but I have come to realise that these arseholes are a worldwide phenomenon, that outraged bleatings from someone as insignificant as me serve no purpose and are about as useful as tits on a bull. The truth is that a lot of foreigners come to the Philippines expecting to be adored and revered as some kind of savior, they talk about Filipinos and even their own wives as complete simpletons, and constantly express outrage that Filipinos are unable to read their minds and thus instinctively bow down to the obviously far superior 1st world intellect. This syndrome is often vastly magnified when certain of these take up residence, wearing that as a badge of infallible understanding "I live here so I know everything, you don't live here so you are an idiot who knows nothing", but all it does is a disservice to themselves by making them look like the emperor in his new clothes Davo.

• Like 8
Davaoeno

look like the emperor in his new clothes Davo.

do you have something to say ???   Maybe you should save personal attacks for the hidden forums. 

Jess Bartone

do you have something to say ???   Maybe you should save personal attacks for the hidden forums. 

"Have something to say"? Well yes, did you miss it? You must have laughed at the attempted humour because you thanked me... I'm not welcome down there but I can imagine what you and your cronies are saying.

Personal attacks? If that's what it was, then I learnt all I know from you my erstwhile friend... sometimes I hate myself for being purely reactionary... your reaction says you should be proud of me, your protege.