Stood up at Mactan Airport

It has little to do with religion. My ex was a Catechist teaching kids in school. Would some kind of penance teach her the error of her ways? There is a set of guidelines and rules we can follow in life without religion.

I'm retired as a Buddhist priest. We purport that you and you alone are responsible and should take responsibility for your own faults. I'm wandering off thread. Please don't spam me with silly bible quotes.

"Life is like a box of Chocolates"

I couldn't care less if it is a Bible quote or not. I am simply making the point to the post I quoted that some people make mistakes. The world and internet forums are full of judgmental people who have never erred.

Certainly not spamming you. You obviously think every reply is directed at you. Read my post and you will see it quotes someone else not you.

• Like 2
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

woodchopper

umm,,I will tell a recent incident with monself.

I was fleeced for a few pesos by a not fronting woman of phils descent.

after a few days I used the ruse,,"darlng,,I forgive all and miss u soooo much,,if u promise to come,,i will send another lot of pesos by forwarding agent"

she agreed to promise,, so I sent!

however,,these phils agencies,,like cebuana etc,,have no set minimum amount!

soooo,,I sent 10pesos at a cost of 12 pesos fee.

the nasty text msgs continued for 3 days,,the poor girl was embarrassed to be handed 10pesos in front of a room full of locals and whatever!

I did get 3 days of non contributing satisfaction and the rotten "so and so" dumped me also?

• Like 6
smokey

umm,,I will tell a recent incident with monself.

I was fleeced for a few pesos by a not fronting woman of phils descent.

after a few days I used the ruse,,"darlng,,I forgive all and miss u soooo much,,if u promise to come,,i will send another lot of pesos by forwarding agent"

she agreed to promise,, so I sent!

however,,these phils agencies,,like cebuana etc,,have no set minimum amount!

soooo,,I sent 10pesos at a cost of 12 pesos fee.

the nasty text msgs continued for 3 days,,the poor girl was embarrassed to be handed 10pesos in front of a room full of locals and whatever!

I did get 3 days of non contributing satisfaction and the rotten "so and so" dumped me also?

good job....

hyaku

I couldn't care less if it is a Bible quote or not. I am simply making the point to the post I quoted that some people make mistakes. The world and internet forums are full of judgmental people who have never erred.

Certainly not spamming you. You obviously think every reply is directed at you. Read my post and you will see it quotes someone else not you.

My apologies. It seemed to be along those lines I do go off the deep end with Bible spam and what seems like religious masturbation. I never use Buddhist quotes and try to keep my own beliefs low key. Edited by hyaku
  • Like 3
That Masked Man

I did send SOME money to my (now) fiancee before I flew to the Philippines, but not a lot. All that I had sent her in that time was a whole lot less than the cost of my flight to go out there. And to her credit, she only once ASKED for any of it and that for about $100. If she had asked for $1000 my "scam alert" would have gone off. As it is, I was very unsure I would actually meet the woman I was expecting to meet when I got there, but as it turns out I did. If I hadn't, my vacation would not have been quite as much fun, but it still would have been OK. There is a saying "If you lend someone $50 and you never see them again it is money well spent." Better to find out early if someone is scamming you than to find out after you've sunk a lot more time and money into them.

• Like 2

My apologies. It seemed to be along those lines I do go off the deep end with Bible spam and what seems like religious masturbation. I never use Buddhist quotes and try to keep my own beliefs low key.

Apology accepted. I would have never known about your beliefs if you hadn't mentioned them.

Steve and Myrlita

People who say they have never been cheated are either liars or too stupid to realize they've been cheated.
Or very fortunate!
tokyoman

He was also telling me it happens everyday,  and  there are girls waiting at the airport to comfort those poor guys at there  time of need more then willing to let them cry on there shoulders , and willing to except the gifts they brought for the bad no show scam girl ...    

Is there a need for a counselling booth at Mactan airport? Or maybe customs can hand out a flyer with the name and contact number of a volunteer counsellor?  Preferably someone  who is trusted on this forum who has the time to help out these poor guys

• Like 4
hyaku

I can honestly say that before I came to the Philippines I have never been in such a predicament with a partner trying to rip me off. Or relationships finished for various reasons. But never that.

I was with a wonderful lady for some years who was 18 years older than me. As a young woman she was on the cover of Vogue a number of times. We pooled resources got short loans and we had a successful business. Funny thing was her daughters thought she had a load of money and that I was scamming her.

s there a need for a counselling booth at Mactan airport? Or maybe customs can hand out a flyer with the name and contact number of a volunteer counsellor?  Preferably someone  who is trusted on this forum who has the time to help out these poor guys

Just give them a Free drink coupon at Mango Square ... everything will work out from there ... a lot of soft shoulders to cry on .... :yahoo:

Headshot

CFO needs to set up seminars at the Philippines' international airports for innocent incoming foreigners to protect them from those horrible Filipinas who would scam them. I see a huge opportunity here for CFO. If they run that operation as efficiently as they do their seminars to teach innocent Filipinas about evil foreigners, it  would mean that only 36 foreigners could enter the country per day, and it would take them eight hours to clear the airports. I'm sure that it would help those foreigners from falling victim to scheming Filipinas. That would certainly mean a lot less broken foreign hearts.

Just in case anybody has a problem recognizing it...this post is  :sarcasm:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
lamoe

Now the question is was the  :sarcasm:    :sarcasm:, the  :sarcasm:  was not  :sarcasm:

Edited by lamoe
smokey

I have no way to know the percentages but my guess is that there are as many genuine Filipinas stood up at airports by men they are in love with or at least are hoping that love and marriage might be a possibility. I'm also guessing that for each online scammer looking for money there is a guy making marriage promises but only looking to increase his lay count.

I have had the opportunity to meet two girls (at different times) when arriving in PI.

I totally agree about not sending money before you meet. One pAid her fare for the long bus ride. The other I paid for her ferry from Leyte to Cebu. Ironically the one who pAid her own was the bad girl. The one whose ferry ride I covered is the one I married. There are no absolute rules.

Everyone's been taken at some point in life; by a girl, friend, family member, girls family, a cabbie, plumber, etc. you can learn from it, laugh about it, or let it eat you up.

People who say they have never been cheated are either liars or too stupid to realize they've been cheated.

stood up would be when the girl goes 6,000 miles to a strange country and has no one there to meet her that's stood up

• Like 1
platonic

No money, no honey. Sure lots of honey here , but it can cost without a timeframe . just lucky for some of the fools sending money, and the lb, gay or guy is not there to meet the visitor expecting a girl. The internet cafes are filled with guys here on dates in Asia..

Sent from my S720c using Tapatalk