Stood up at Mactan Airport

Mikala

Did any of the girls send him enough money to build a house?

Nope. His scam wasn't about money. He'd lead them into thinking he would marry them and get them to perform for him on webcam or send him photos of a certain nature. Eventually the girl would figure it out...

Edited by Mikala
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

For me, the last place I want to meet someone new is on arriving at the airport, especially Manila ..I just want to clear immigration and customs, get my luggage, get some currency, keep my wallet and belongings secure, then get to my hotel safely and without getting ripped off. Have a shower, fresh clothes, then a coffee or cold beer .. THEN .. bring on the girl ! :)

I did however, have a girl travel from Cebu to Manila by ferry to meet me for the first time. She waited quite a few hours in the hotel lobby as my incoming flight had been delayed.

Paul

I'm sure we all know there are laws against stealing.

Of course there are. But, it is not stealing if the guy is stupid enough to send some chick, half way around the world, money. 

• Like 4
bahalina buong

These guys that get scammed and stood up at the airport are catching a lucky break by learning the truth and its resulting lessons early on.  There's a ton of foreigners here who have been getting scammed for years and still don't realize it.  That's no laughing matter.  Unless, of course, it happens to one of those types who are constantly bragging about how much more awesome they are than every other foreigner.  Then, it's hilarious!  :P

• Like 2

On my way back to my home state in the Midwest, from Las Vegas,  sitting next to me was an elderly gentleman who was recently widowed. Told me he was on his way to Manila to meet a girl he's been chatting on line for 3 months and might get married. He said the girl has 3 young boys and is a widow, I told him not to show or let on that he has money and do not support the whole family. When we got to our destination, I bought him lunch at McDonald's and scribbled on a napkin " LinC forum" and if he has any questions to visit the site or just visit the site before making any decisions. I think he was just a lonely soul, being recently widowed and living alone. I often wondered how everything went, did the girl showed up? was she for real? I am hoping that he will visit LinC forum and be informed of those online scammers. I Like to slap the shit out of those Filipina online scammers for playing with these men's emotions and vulnerabilities. I have more respect for those women working in the bars of Angeles City than those online scammers. Karma takes too long...With that being said, I could use a stiff drink, sweet vermouth and brandy here I come and I am a Filipina.

• Like 5
manly4eva

Met my girl online while she was working in China.She told me upfront don't fall for me I am seperated but still married and have a 6yr old boy.Easier said than done.I flew to meet her in China after 6 weeks chatting.Never sent any money,she never asked.Getting her out of China when I asked to break her contract and go home was a different story.She was oversytay and cost me about $2000 and she had 21 days in detention.We have been together for 2 yrs now and never been happier.Sending money to people you have never met is just stupid but even in my case I was lucky as I had only been with her for 4 days before I started helping financially.I felt she was a genuine person, as all she talked about was a better life for her son..But I could have easily been taken for a ride.A bit of money to help with communication ( internet ) is one thing but building houses,sari sari and things like that is crazy when you haven't met.I was sending my girl about 12000 peso a month when she got home which was plenty for her and our son in the province living with mum and dad.

• Like 7
Humboldt

yes of course your correct and what goes around comes around ...... I know a guy who accidently shows a huge engagement t ring of course is a big piece of glass to get lots of free sex now that not illegal but is still scamming , I feel sorry for losers  who need to trick people to get anything

Some guys are to cheap to date bar girl ,,, guy keeps tricking Filipina's for free sex just might not have a happy ending if  girls family members can get there hands on him

Edited by Humboldt
  • Like 6
RogerDuMond

it is kind of strange if a girl scammed a guy out of money its his fault for being stupid.... if a guy scammed a girl out of sex its his fault again maybe the rose colored glasses are fogging things up ....

How old are you and how long have you been married? Everything is the mans fault Smokey. 

• Like 2
spydoo

It's not as if  some of us haven't done scamming of our own. At least i have. Not for  money of course....

... Never claimed to be perfect or even close.

It's things like this that help them to justify scamming westerners. It would be better to do the right thing than be part of the problem for the rest of us.

Brucewayne

My Filipino drinking buddies both working Mactan airport one as policeman , other as customs officer ,

The stories I hear , about the sad foreigner's stood up by there chat mate's . One I recall them telling me was the American that dropped to his knees 

and yelled out WHY , the policeman went over to see what was his problem , so he told the story how he had sent the girl thousands of dollars

to build there dream retirement home , even pulled out the picture's of the home from start to finish .

My neighbor the policeman tried to assist him  to reach the girl thru the cell phone number the girl gave him to no avail . 

He was also telling me it happens everyday,  and  there are girls waiting at the airport to comfort those poor guys at there  time of need

more then willing to let them cry on there shoulders , and willing to except the gifts they brought for the bad no show scam girl ...  

This is very familiar to me.

I just met a French national today and his gal didn't show up at the airport.

He is holed up in a P2,500 per month apartment in Yati and is going home on the 3rd of May.

The French Consulate is loaning him the money for the ticket and the fellow has been eating for free at a nearby Sari sari that also sells soups.

The fella is only around 30 years old and fell for a major scam from what I have been told.

He sent her his life savings via bank transfer so it would be safe.

The money he carried with him didn't last a month.

He had met the girl online of course and fell madly in heat with her.

Notice; I don't call it love, it is lust until you actually meet the gal and dispel all of your fantasies about her.

lamoe

It's things like this that help them to justify scamming westerners. It would be better to do the right thing than be part of the problem for the rest of us.

Please read my whole post.

I have always been up front about myself from the get go. My age , never promised marriage and said I didn't want to have another family to raise, etc.

It wasn't until she stated with the stories to get money that I decided to see how far she'd go to get it. 

Forgot to mention that she did hit conference button on Skype once when she was online with another guy. 

He and I compared notes afterward -  he was sending her money.and suspected we were not her only "friends" because the same thing had happened before but she promised he was the only one - except for me and who ever else there was.

Final note - I don't except anyone I chat with to be exclusive - we won't have a real commitment until we meet - therefore how can I require them to be "faithful to me"?

• Like 2
Davaoeno

wasn't until she stated with the stories to get money that I decided to see how far she'd go to get it. 

a true gentleman !! 

lamoe

a true gentleman !! 

I believe you were being sarcastic - right?

Gentleman ? Me? NFW.

I can be mean, vindictive, petty, petulant, snotty,lewd, crude, and rude.

I can also be kind, generous, thoughtful, .considerate.

It all depends on the other person.

• Like 3
Davaoeno

I believe you were being sarcastic - right?

moi????   never !

• Like 4
Skywalker

Let's be clear here, a great many of these girls (and boys) are experts at what they do.  

The good ones do it year in year out, I've been told just go for small regular amounts rather than a mother load which rarely happens.

The hardest part of the whole operation is to keep the punters totally ignorant about each other.  I knew a Thai guy who had 6 foreigners, all sending him between $300 and $800 a month. Not a bad salary for a few hours a day online.