Stood up at Mactan Airport

Mikala

None. Zero. Zilch. I don't, because today, we have sites like this one where "preventative medicine" is available to educate these guys. 

Please show me which law a woman is breaking, if a man is sending her money voluntarily? 

Of course not. Just because someone is a moron doesn't mean I have reduce my morals and values. Just making the statement that it is their own fault for not doing one thing, prior to sending money - trust, by verify. 

Wait. You just previously told me these girls are breaking Philippine laws. Now, you are saying the government is turning a blind eye. Which is it?

I'm sure we all know there are laws against stealing. Then there is the improbability of the government (police, NBI, etc..) actually caring 1 whit about a Filipina (or Filipino) ripping off a foreigner.

Verification is very difficult from thousands of miles away. Heck, I've been traveling to the Philippines since 1998, use the internet EXTENSIVELY and just came across this forum in January of 2014 in my bored wanderings in-between work assignments. The information on LinC is INVALUABLE to me and I've been reading it 5-6 hours a day, every day since I joined.

Should these guys verify and research? Yes, of course. Should everyone turn a blind eye to a cute girl ripping off an old, ugly foreigner? No, I don't think so. I'm sure everyone on LinC knows it's inappropriate for anyone to plan on stealing from someone (even if they "volunteer" to send the money). If the girl is acting honestly with a real intent on following thru with what she told the ugly old foreigner, that's fine. If she has no intent on meeting the guy, then that's larceny.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

Mikala

1. What do you think the chance would be of finding the girl even if they believed a crime was committed.

2. Unless you had some proof that a crime was actually committed there would be no chance of charges. His word as to what transpired would not be enough. Pictures of a house under construction wouldn't hold water either.

Yes, it's doubtful they could find the girl. At least they'd have a name to go on (the person the funds were wired to).

Usually there's email and chat session logs that can be used as proof.

Guarantee NSA has all the transcripts ready for you and they've probably read them a few times themselves with full knowledge of how many guys the girl has conned.

Scruffydog

I had a lot of Pinoy friends here that encouraged me to meet a Pinay girl. My gold standard for moving a relationship forward, was the first time they asked for money they were gone, oddly I had one or to try that. 

That having been said, after my first trip there, and months later when we got engaged, at my suggestion she quit her job so we could chat at night and she could concentrate on our K-1 stuff. 300 a month for 2-3 months was not much  to me. I would never send Money to someone I had not met. That does not mean someone is stupid. It may just mean they are lonely, starved for love and want to believe. You should pity them for that, not hate them,

I was at a local gathering of Phil-Am couples the other day. A guy that must have been mid- late 60's was running around loudly proclaiming his love for the girl on the other end of his skype. He wanted her to see the party.He was going on and on about how in love he was. This girl was Mid-20's. I wish him the best, but I don't think any of us think it will be a good outcome?

• Like 7
Humboldt

expat married 6 yrs  discovers one day his house-boy is his wife's first husband ,

I <3 Cebu

I have to admit that on my first trip here, even though I was excited, there was that thought in the back of my head that there is a chance she won't be there when I step off the plane. Turns out she had the same thoughts. Until you have actually met, who can really know for sure?

She was with her brother.

Nice one, mines a similar story,all worked out & wasn't till long after I learned of all the horror stories & also why I got all those weird looks at the hotel when rocked up with 2 women.. one soon left after dinner but the staff & guests obviously assumed I was a sex tourist!

i do have sympathy for the guys & girls who get stood up or scammed. I could have easily been one of them

Mikala

but the point is, these girls really didn't commit crime. what they did might have been immoral but not illegal.. after all, they didn't put a gun on the guy's head demanding to send them money, did they??

Sorry, it doesn't require holding a gun to someone's head for it to be considered a crime. Using a trick, such as lying, to get possession of property is larceny. Larceny by trick is descriptive of the method used to obtain possession.

The thieves I've spoken with understand that what they're doing is against the law, but none expect to be prosecuted, except the 1 gentleman I encountered in AC. He said that if he was ever caught, he'd definitely go to prison, but he was a thief that stole physical items and lamented the closure of Clark Airfield.

• Like 1
Scruffydog

I have to admit that on my first trip here, even though I was excited, there was that thought in the back of my head that there is a chance she won't be there when I step off the plane. Turns out she had the same thoughts. Until you have actually met, who can really know for sure?

She was with her brother. Having read some of the horror stories about cousins/brothers turning out to actually being the woman's bf/husband also came into my head. As it turned out, everything was great. We have been together ever since.

Sent from Note 3

i think most had that little grain of doubt, truth be told. 

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Sorry, it doesn't require holding a gun to someone's head for it to be considered a crime. Using a trick, such as lying, to get possession of property is larceny. Larceny by trick is descriptive of the method used to obtain possession.

Larceny no, maybe fraud, but you could never prove it. All she would have to say is she changed her mind. Then it would take testimony from a witness that she entered into the relationship with the intention to defraud him.

Mikala

Larceny no, maybe fraud, but you could never prove it. All she would have to say is she changed her mind. Then it would take testimony from a witness that she entered into the relationship with the intention to defraud him.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Expecting someone to be honest in today's world isn't something I'd hold my breath and wait for.

I just hope LinC members would have more compassion for the foreigner or anyone that's been conned.

• Like 4
smokey

but the point is, these girls really didn't commit crime. what they did might have been immoral but not illegal.. after all, they didn't put a gun on the guy's head demanding to send them money, did they??

I do pity the guys that fall victims but it also frustrates me why they would be so gullible as to send money to virtually strangers, i just can't fathom it!

yes of course your correct and what goes around comes around ...... I know a guy who accidently shows a huge engagement t ring of course is a big piece of glass to get lots of free sex now that not illegal but is still scamming , I feel sorry for losers  who need to trick people to get anything

• Like 5
Mikala

I feel sorry for losers who need to trick people to get anything

I had a friend in Honolulu that used to scam Filipinas over the internet. He thought it was a riot, but hoped his wife would never find out. I dropped him as my friend when he wouldn't stop his scamming. He understood fully that what he was doing wasn't nice, but felt that it was his 'right' to do it.

• Like 1
smokey

it is kind of strange if a girl scammed a guy out of money its his fault for being stupid.... if a guy scammed a girl out of sex its his fault again maybe the rose colored glasses are fogging things up ....

• Like 3

I had a friend in Honolulu that used to scam Filipinas over the internet. He thought it was a riot, but hoped his wife would never find out. I dropped him as my friend when he wouldn't stop his scamming. He understood fully that what he was doing wasn't nice, but felt that it was his 'right' to do it.

Did any of the girls send him enough money to build a house?

A_Simple_Man

it is kind of strange if a girl scammed a guy out of money its his fault for being stupid

I don't get the impression that people are saying the guy is stupid for falling for it once.  Twice is stupidity.  After once the guy needs to get over it and get on with life.  Its crying over spilled milk that is stupid.

platonic

With so many other gold diggers waiting on the railings in cebu airport, it should not be to hard to find another disaster quickly.

Sent from my S720c using Tapatalk