Stood up at Mactan Airport

Paul

Well hell yeah! What's the point of a mundane fantasy?

You, obviously, have never met Davaoeno. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

You, obviously, have never met Davaoeno.

I have and a good time was had by all.

I can't wait to do it again but maybe with the clown there as well next time. :P

At Mactan Airport .

If they don't stand me up.

Sent from Note 3

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3
contraman

And the Entrepreneur of the month goes to ???????????

• Like 1

On my first trip I was told to 'Guard my wallet and my heart '...good advise to all new comers ... (of course, now my wife owns both and my manhood too, according to my friends...) :yahoo:

• Like 2
Paul

of course, now my wife owns both and my manhood too, according to my friends

In your case, since I know both of you, I can safely say it would be worth it. :D

• Like 1
That Masked Man

Isn't it a tradition that the bride is late?

I think that's a different kind of "late" and probably the reason they are getting married to begin with.

• Like 1
Skywalker

I think that's a different kind of "late" and probably the reason they are getting married to begin with.

That was sharp!  Any sharper and you'll cut your own head off!

I was best man at a wedding many years ago, and the vicar had double booked, so I told the bride she had to be on time, and in doing so would set a good example of how successful the marriage would be.  She was on time, and they are still together.

Britishandproud

I met my Ex from Facebook, When I went to Davao to meet her, I didn't have a phone and she wasn't there!

I was nervous but got to use someone's phone and turned out she was at the other end of the airport. With her brother Of course.

• Like 1
hyaku

The late I meant was the two to be married turn up and nobody else does.

lamoe

It's not as if  some of us haven't done scamming of our own. At least i have. Not for  money of course.

When I was active on dating sites I  posted truth about myself and age desired =  35+ (their's not mine)

Received several "interesteds" from some in their 20's. Did reply "No thank you"  

One was very persistent in leaving messages and I finally did respond to see if she looked like her picture. She did, first in emails then Skype cam  from her PC, not cafe.

She was Intelligent, etc, etc. By 3rd session got the "my phone was stolen",  then she lost her job, her mother needed medicine, 

Problem was she didn't keep track of stories and got them confused , especially when she said she needed to bury mom then asked for medicine money for her (again).

Not going into any details (sorry guys ) but decided to see how far she'd go to get money. I really, really hope I never get that desperate for money.

Never sent any but did prime pump by giving her a video tour of my place.

Got to the point that it wasn't fun any more, I was running out of ideas so just stopped responding.

I will probably contact her again just before I get there. What can I say? Never claimed to be perfect or even close.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
Edwin

Anyone who spends a penny before coming deserves it.

Why in the world would you support someone you have never met?

I wonder how they can be upset when t jg en arrive only to find they been tricked. If someone never gets that feeling sending thousands of dollars to someone they have never met then I have zero sympathy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts.

1. Stealing is a crime in every country.
  2. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is mostly full of Catholics that supposedly believe in what the Bible teaches (or not)

I've asked girls that steal from foreigners why they do it and how they can face themselves in the mirror. They tell me that they go to the priest for absolution and somehow believe that their sins can be forgiven. Seems a common principle in the Philippines. They excuse themselves by saying they had no job, therefore the only way they can make money is by stealing.

I'm just praying that LinC members haven't become so "localized" that they jeer at guys that get taken advantage of by some cute girl. Would members of this forum be proud to say that they bought their home based on money they stole from someone else and that "it's okay because he/she was stupid"?

I was raised with a work ethic that told me that I needed to work to earn my money honestly. When I didn't have a job once, I tutored and cleaned houses for money (I'm a professional engineer). Try offering one of these cute, lovely plastic girls a job as a yaya or housekeeper. They'd scoff at you (I know, as I've done it).

It brings to mind the saying "if you do the crime, then be prepared to do the time". I'd love to see these girls "do the time" for their crimes. But it seems the government turns a blind eye to this sort of crime since the only person that gets hurt by it is a foreigner. Maybe if they prosecuted a few thousand girls, it would stop this crime from happening.

but the point is, these girls really didn't commit crime. what they did might have been immoral but not illegal.. after all, they didn't put a gun on the guy's head demanding to send them money, did they??

I do pity the guys that fall victims but it also frustrates me why they would be so gullible as to send money to virtually strangers, i just can't fathom it!

• Like 5
Alan S

Some guys are just born victims, (read "stupid").

Long ago, I met a French guy who was staying at the same hotel I was in.

He excitedly told me that he had only arrived that day, but had met this beautiful girl at the airport, and had decided to get engaged to her.

She told him that she wouldnt be allowed into his hotel unless they were, at least, engaged, so he gave her money to go and buy an engagement ring, and was waiting for her to turn up at the hotel, with the ring.

Not hard to guess the outcome.
She never arrived.

Wot a surprise!

• Like 5
hyaku

Wasn't John from Iowa scammed in the divorce settlement? Just asking.

• Like 1