Stood up at Mactan Airport

Mikala

well which is it ? It certainly cant be both .

I think the beliefs in what the Bible teaches are instilled ar an early age. Every girl (and guy) I've met that steals for a living admit that they know it's a mortal sin and a crime against the laws of mankind. Perhaps this level of corruption is learned by observing society? I certainly don't know.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

Mikala

That is the funniest sentence I've read for many a day.

You do realise that being rich in the Philippines does actually make you immune to most Laws?

Yeah, I see that in the USA and that's part of the reason I'm ashamed of my country. I see it's multiplied in the Philippines, but so far I'm not taking it personally.

• Like 2
Humboldt

Bola Bola comes around goes around from both ends

post-15417-0-77514600-1398245085_thumb.jpg

ILoveCyrus

It brings to mind the saying "if you do the crime, then be prepared to do the time". I'd love to see these girls "do the time" for their crimes. But it seems the government turns a blind eye to this sort of crime since the only person that gets hurt by it is a foreigner. Maybe if they prosecuted a few thousand girls, it would stop this crime from happening.

Yup... the law has to have TEETH in it to make a difference.

1. Why do people not likely drive drunk in Sweden?  cuz the penalty and consequence is steep

2. Why do people not likely steal in Arab countries?  cuz they cut OFF your hand and those with stumps at the wrist are likely thieves

• Like 2
tokyoman

There is only one thing worse than being stood up at Mactan

That is being stood up at Manila airport

After not finding his girl he will be scammed again by some taxi driver for the fare and then again for some shit house hotel that

costs him 6000 pesos a night

• Like 6
Humboldt

There is only one thing worse than being stood up at Mactan

That is being stood up at Manila airport

After not finding his girl he will be scammed again by some taxi driver for the fare and then again for some shit house hotel that

costs him 6000 pesos a night

From the Pot to the Frying Pan ... those sharks waiting at Mactan airport will have a fest

Dragonladies.org

For some reason I think the guys who live in the Philippines, and send some girl they meet on DIA in another province money to come meet them, and then the girl never shows up....are stupider.       I get them sometimes at my site. 

'I met this girl on DIA and sent her 1000 php to come to me so I could 'do' her, and she never showed up!  I've been SCAMMED!'

(They'll usually want to post a picture of Angel Locsin as 'the girl'.)

:snap:

• Like 5

My Filipino drinking buddies both working Mactan airport one as policeman , other as customs officer ,

The stories I hear , about the sad foreigner's stood up by there chat mate's . One I recall them telling me was the American that dropped to his knees 

and yelled out WHY , the policeman went over to see what was his problem , so he told the story how he had sent the girl thousands of dollars

to build there dream retirement home , even pulled out the picture's of the home from start to finish .

My neighbor the policeman tried to assist him  to reach the girl thru the cell phone number the girl gave him to no avail . 

He was also telling me it happens everyday,  and  there are girls waiting at the airport to comfort those poor guys at there  time of need

more then willing to let them cry on there shoulders , and willing to except the gifts they brought for the bad no show scam girl ...  

And who said filipinas arent entrepreneurial.   Theres a buisness opportunity everywhere if you know where to look.

But it wouldnt surprise me if the new comforters were actually sisters of/cousins of /or even the same person as (but with different id)  the one that didnt show up

• Like 1
Skywalker

'I met this girl on DIA and sent her 1000 php to come to me so I could 'do' her, and she never showed up!

Was that from a british ice cream seller?  lol

• Like 2
hyaku

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts.

• Stealing is a crime in every country.
  • Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is mostly full of Catholics that supposedly believe in what the Bible teaches (or not)
I've asked girls that steal from foreigners why they do it and how they can face themselves in the mirror. They tell me that they go to the priest for absolution and somehow believe that their sins can be forgiven. Seems a common principle in the Philippines. They excuse themselves by saying they had no job, therefore the only way they can make money is by stealing.

I'm just praying that LinC members haven't become so "localized" that they jeer at guys that get taken advantage of by some cute girl. Would members of this forum be proud to say that they bought their home based on money they stole from someone else and that "it's okay because he/she was stupid"?

I wish you wouldn't bring religion into it as it has little do with it apart from a pathetic excuse in asking for forgiveness. I expect the "Pork Barrel theives including the further nineteen lawmakers now involved all go the church on Sunday.

We all should have a basic set of do's and don'ts in life regardless. I am taught that l and I alone should take responsibility for my actions. The point is can I live with them, do I feel bad or guilty about them.

Legally I guess its difficult to prosecute a person that scammed someone in another country.

• Like 6
RogerDuMond

It brings to mind the saying "if you do the crime, then be prepared to do the time". I'd love to see these girls "do the time" for their crimes. But it seems the government turns a blind eye to this sort of crime since the only person that gets hurt by it is a foreigner. Maybe if they prosecuted a few thousand girls, it would stop this crime from happening.

1. What do you think the chance would be of finding the girl even if they believed a crime was committed.

2. Unless you had some proof that a crime was actually committed there would be no chance of charges. His word as to what transpired would not be enough. Pictures of a house under construction wouldn't hold water either.

• Like 1

Mikala posted:  " I strongly believe laws are made for a reason and that nobody should be immune to them, no matter how rich or poor."

It may not be a law, but I believe in karma. I've seen it work too many times for me to be a non-believer.

• Like 3

Let us be honest. Is it a scam if an idiot from a foreign land sends money to someone he has never met in person but only on the internet?

A Western woman would soon make mincemeat of someone so stupid and send him back to his mother with his tail between his legs. Which is where he should never have been allowed to leave in the first place.

"Come into my parlour" said the spider to the fly!

• Like 2