Stood up at Mactan Airport

Headshot

Jesse and Ian, if you feel a need to go after each other, do it in a PM. Any more of these back-and-forth exchanges in the open forums, and there will be consequences. At the very least, it is off-topic. At worst, these are not-so-subtle personal attacks. You guys don't like each other. We get it. We don't care and we don't want to read about it anymore.

So...both of you...cool it...or you will be cooling your heels. Do NOT respond if you think something is an attack on you. Just report it.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• hyaku

• Mikala

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have any sympathy for the guys?  Not me.  I figure a fool and his money are soon parted and better a pretty girl gets it than the ugly old bastard that ripped off some of us with his Legac

Some of you guys are a bunch of hard-hearted f'ekers.  You and I know from our experience in the Philippines not to fall for all the scams and bullshit that might come our way (hopefully).  Enter a re

I doubt where I'm from (USA - Michigan) makes a difference when considering basic facts. Stealing is a crime in every country. Stealing is a Mortal Sin in the Catholic religion. Philippines is most

Posted Images

hyaku

In reading these pages I often laugh out loud at the egomaniacal all-knowing attitude (when it comes to Filipino culture) of certain foreigners, and have been known to make acerbic comments from time to time, but I have come to realise that these arseholes are a worldwide phenomenon, that outraged bleatings from someone as insignificant as me serve no purpose and are about as useful as tits on a bull. The truth is that a lot of foreigners come to the Philippines expecting to be adored and revered as some kind of savior, they talk about Filipinos and even their own wives as complete simpletons, and constantly express outrage that Filipinos are unable to read their minds and thus instinctively bow down to the obviously far superior 1st world intellect. This syndrome is often vastly magnified when certain of these take up residence, wearing that as a badge of infallible understanding "I live here so I know everything, you don't live here so you are an idiot who knows nothing", but all it does is a disservice to themselves by making them look like the emperor in his new clothes Davo.

But are still 'online'. Be it to find a woman or to correspond with others. What do you expect? Your post seems to be rather sanctimonious as it does also point towards others. Some of us have never even looked online for a partner, meet one realtime and still manage to screw it up. We just relate our experiences in the hope it might help someone else not make the same mistake.

Jess Bartone

But are still 'online'. Be it to find a woman or to correspond with others. What do you expect? Your post seems to be rather sanctimonious as it does also point towards others. Some of us have never even looked online for a partner, meet one realtime and still manage to screw it up. We just relate our experiences in the hope it might help someone else not make the same mistake.

Please forgive my unctiousness, I have a bad habit of calling them as I see them. In this case I see that Filipinas are not a commodity, but are human beings with hopes and dreams imagined as fervently as anyone from a first world country, except that they do not come from a position of financial power such as we do.

• Like 7
hyaku

Please forgive my unctiousness, I have a bad habit of calling them as I see them. In this case I see that Filipinas are not a commodity, but are human beings with hopes and dreams imagined as fervently as anyone from a first world country, except that they do not come from a position of financial power such as we do.

Yes you are right. And sadly because of it they sometimes they really have the no idea how to go about meeting someone.

Not a racist comment but I know a lady (nurse) who had corresponded with guy in the states before the internet was available. Letters, photo etc. When she finally flew to meet him the white guy was 'not white'. They married and had two kids. Filipina are not the only ones that mislead.

• Like 1
For Real

On the scamming part,and where foreign bystanders, don't step in...who can blame them. In my old street there have been a handful of ridiculous romance scams uncovered and no doubt others to be surfaced. A significant scam always has a money train that would be unsafe for friends and family it step in and interrupt. There are exceptions but the best time for a scam to be up is when the scammed works it it out himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Jess Bartone

Don't get me wrong, anyone, male or female (read "scammer"), who plays on foreigners' loneliness and insecurity to steal from them is every bit as despicable as foreigners who make wild promises to more than one female just to guarantee "free" (non-prostitute) sex on their annual vacation. I suppose I'm trying to say that neither side is any more or less guilty than the other, some people are givers, and some people are takers, regardless of race, creed, location, etc, and that which is given - or taken - is not always money, even though that seems to be the focus here. I believe that what is often scammed from Filipinas is more valuable than money alone... social standing, self esteem, dignity, occasionally virginity. Some foreigners unfortunately lose those things ("we told you so") plus their life savings, which is even worse. It's disgusting that people are made to feel so devastated by the greed or lust of others.

• Like 3
smokey

well that sure goes for both sides of the story... Filipinas and foreigners both have feelings  /// as to the power I don't know but in my past a women has always been able to overpower a guy with money some how..

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
Brucewayne

I know a woman who stood a foreigner up at the airport and I am on her side.

Apparently the fellow posted a pic of himself on some dating site and they communicated through that site for a length of time before he decided to come and meet her with the promise of marriage.

The pic she saw was of a nice looking middle aged man, but at the airport, what she saw was the right face, but on a man many years more advanced than what he represented himself to be and he was wearing make up (an obvious attempt to look younger).

She fled the scene and to this day, she doesn't try to meet or correspond to any foreigner.

• Like 2
Jess Bartone

Filipinas and foreigners both have feelings

I think that's what I was trying to say, thanks for clearing that up Smokey.

And yeah, plenty of women from our own countries are highly adept at separating men from their money, but there's no website where the men can go to piss and moan about it. As a result of their home country losses, some of these men look to 3rd world countries to find a woman of "traditional values", thinking to get the upper hand somehow. The shock comes when you discover that leeching women are everywhere in every nation, you just have to learn how to spot them, or through pure dumb luck find someone sincere. For me it was a bit of both.

• Like 1
smokey

I know a woman who stood a foreigner up at the airport and I am on her side.

Apparently the fellow posted a pic of himself on some dating site and they communicated through that site for a length of time before he decided to come and meet her with the promise of marriage.

The pic she saw was of a nice looking middle aged man, but at the airport, what she saw was the right face, but on a man many years more advanced than what he represented himself to be and he was wearing make up (an obvious attempt to look younger).

She fled the scene and to this day, she doesn't try to meet or correspond to any foreigner.

you mean he did not look like brad pitt ,,, look at the good side if he was much older she was much closer to finding true love and security with a local

I think that's what I was trying to say, thanks for clearing that up Smokey.

And yeah, plenty of women from our own countries are highly adept at separating men from their money, but there's no website where the men can go to piss and moan about it. As a result of their home country losses, some of these men look to 3rd world countries to find a woman of "traditional values", thinking to get the upper hand somehow. The shock comes when you discover that leeching women are everywhere in every nation, you just have to learn how to spot them, or through pure dumb luck find someone sincere. For me it was a bit of both.

maybe more men should practice being a REALIST instead of a DREAMER

• Like 2
Brucewayne

you mean he did not look like brad pitt ,

I am not sure about Bradd, but the way she talked, he probably did look like some kind of a pit.

• Like 2
hyaku

I am not sure about Bradd, but the way she talked, he probably did look like some kind of a pit.

At least he was the same colour! Quite a shock to arrive stateside with no means of support for the woman I know.

• Like 1
smokey

well good for her I hope she went on the finish school and now has a great job earing fair wages ...

Brucewayne

well good for her I hope she went on the finish school and now has a great job earing fair wages ...

She dropped out of school in the 3rd grade to work as a housekeeper for her aunt.

She now works for a cousin as a housekeeper for P1,000 per month and all the rice she can eat, she has to buy her own meat and veggies though as her boss says they can't afford to pay her and feed her as well.

She eats with us sometimes and really, as tiny as she is, she eats less than our finches.

Yes, she is happier doing what she is doing than she might have been with a man who couldn't own up to telling the truth about his BANNED SUBJECT.

Brucewayne

At least he was the same colour! Quite a shock to arrive stateside with no means of support for the woman I know.

Hard to tell what color he was, he supposedly had more make up on than Smokey's avatar (Pennywise the clown).