Sign in to follow this  
tambok

Immigration Blacklist Removal

smokey

there are two ways to approach this problem....... Sorry sorry sorry I made a big mistake and want to show you I was wrong..... (( maybe letter to head of BI ))   or get a lawyer who might start screaming and jumping up and down and serve  this one and this one with legal papers ... ,,, always start soft all they can say is no

Edited by smokey

tambok
He also has an office in Manila! I lived in California my whole adult life and this attorney is well known in San Francisco and other states, he's no amauter!

That is not the point! Of course he would have an office in Manila- he helps Filipinos to get to the US. But my question is- does he help Americans in the Philippines with the Philippine immigration? He is an American attorney practicing American immigration.

smokey

That is not the point! Of course he would have an office in Manila- he helps Filipinos to get to the US. But my question is- does he help Americans in the Philippines with the Philippine immigration? He is an American attorney practicing American immigration.

there is probably NO lawyer that specializes in getting blacklisted americans into the Philippines ,,, in all my years this is the first one I have ever heard about that is blacklisted and wants to get back in ...most BI investigators' I heard are lawyers so tell him to start slow and try the soft approach first or find a lawyer and become a friend with the Western union office close to home

Paul

Gentlemen, thanks for all the answers. I had asked him to post but he said that he'd posted on some other board and there were all these smart alecs there going : " You du--------s, serve you right! You should have thought about it before" and something of that nature,

And again, if he chooses to post any questions here, in a topic I feel is a VERY valid one for any forum, he can do so without concern. 

Again, I give both you AND him my word, that I will personally ban any and all members from this site, who give him shit for being in this situation. 

tambok

there is probably NO lawyer that specializes in getting blacklisted americans into the Philippines ,,, in all my years this is the first one I have ever heard about that is blacklisted and wants to get back in ...most BI investigators' I heard are lawyers so tell him to start slow and try the soft approach first or find a lawyer and become a friend with the Western union office close to home

With all due respect, sir, not having heard of/seen something during a certain time period does not mean that that something does not exist. Here is one Law Firm in Manila specializing in this:

http://www.gtalawphil.com/immigration2.htm

Here's another law firm doing this:

http://domingo-law.com/what-is-blacklist-lifting/

The question is are they reliable, do they deliver, how much it costs and how long it takes?

USMC-Retired

I agree with smokey and ask why? The issue of dealing with the PH government inside the country is difficult let alone outside the country. I could never imagine the frustration he would embark on. Other countries in the region just for that reason sound more logical. Is he sure he is blacklisted or just assuming? Many have assumed they were blacklisted to later discover it never happened.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

smokey

With all due respect, sir, not having heard of/seen something during a certain time period does not mean that that something does not exist. Here is one Law Firm in Manila specializing in this:

The question is are they reliable, do they deliver, how much it costs and how long it takes?

I am not saying it can not be done and if it can be done money is the way to make it happen..,,  Hire a lawyer based on his or her connections more then their specialty

CebuKano

To each their own but Smokey knows what he's talking about and it might save your friend a lot of money and needless b.s. in the end. I can't see where it could hurt to start small.

tambok

To each their own but Smokey knows what he's talking about and it might save your friend a lot of money and needless b.s. in the end. I can't see where it could hurt to start small.

OK, I'll tell him but I doubt he has a friend in Manila who would be running around doing this. He may have to send his Cebuano GF to Manila and have her live there a couple of months while he pays her housing, food, taxis, etc. It may or may not be chaper.

If you know of a lawyer that you or some good friend of yours has worked with and gotten good results from ( in regards to this matter) please post here.

He owes US$ 2700 to them. He does not know for sure he's blacklisted, that's true. Anyway, I'll ask him again.

Edited by tambok

Kuting

One friend of mine (not me) ran a business, failed, ran out of money and asked the embassy to repatraite him. He is in the US now.  He told me that he owes money to the Phil immigration and is blacklisted.

How does one go about removing oneself from that list even after the late fees are paid (and how are those paid if he is outside the country)?

Do you know of good lawyers that would help and represent him while he is out of the PH?

I asked him to post here but he feels that there are too many ruthless flamers who will just be gloating and not helping. So, please reply without bile or sarcasm.

I was once on the blacklist. I wasn't allowed to go abroad as part of my contract with the government from the scholarship they provided me in uni days, not until I have repaid my dues anyways (that was either working in the PH x number of years, or reimbursing the government with interest). I was then offered a scholarship to study abroad before the contract expires and therefore had to clear my name and have the order lifted. I didn't need a lawyer, i just had to go to the Department of Science to issue me a certificate of clearance after paying them. I took this notarised certificate to the BI to have my name cleared. They then issued me a letter saying i was clear so that if i got held up at the airport should the system be not up to date, i could just present it and i was then let go. Maybe your friend can do this via the embassy, get a certificate that is, then if and when he travels to the Ph and if he is ever stopped, he could just present the certificate. Good luck to him x

• Like 1

mabutiman

This is the official letter detailing procedures to follow ...

Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center

To

31 Jan 2013

Dear Sir:

To be able to enter the Philippines again he must secure the assistance of an authorized representative who will make arrangements and submit the documentary requirements on his behalf for the lifting of the Black List Order.

Documentary requirements in applying for the lifting of Black List Order:

· Letter of request addressed to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration

· Official Receipt of payment of Overstaying Fees

Procedure:

· Authorized representative pays overstaying fees at the BI Cashier

· Submission of Official Receipt and Letter Request at Window 1 (BI Main Office (Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila)

· Once the request is granted, a Lifting Order shall be issued, a copy of which shall be furnished to the representative of the petitioner

Fees in filing application for the lifting of the Black List Order:

Application Fee

P 2,000.00

Service Fee

Legal Research Fee

Express Fee

Total

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3824 or (632) 524-3769, visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH.

• Like 2

tambok

Thanks, guys. Katrina, you're a Filipina so it's different for you. And the last one is also helpful. This is a very useful topic and it should stay here, in my opinion.

Paul

This is a very useful topic and it should stay here, in my opinion.

It will. I hope your friend will at least view this thread, if he is not going to post in it. 

People of this forum can, and are very helpful to others, quite often. A few want to show their asses at times. But, it isn't too difficult to sort that. 

Davaoeno

This is the official letter detailing procedures to follow ...

Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center

To

31 Jan 2013

Dear Sir:

To be able to enter the Philippines again he must secure the assistance of an authorized representative who will make arrangements and submit the documentary requirements on his behalf for the lifting of the Black List Order.

Documentary requirements in applying for the lifting of Black List Order:

· Letter of request addressed to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration

· Official Receipt of payment of Overstaying Fees

Procedure:

· Authorized representative pays overstaying fees at the BI Cashier

· Submission of Official Receipt and Letter Request at Window 1 (BI Main Office (Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila)

· Once the request is granted, a Lifting Order shall be issued, a copy of which shall be furnished to the representative of the petitioner

Fees in filing application for the lifting of the Black List Order:

Application Fee

P 2,000.00

Service Fee

Legal Research Fee

Express Fee

Total

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3824 or (632) 524-3769, visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH.

from a reading of this there seems to be no need to get an attorney involved- just send a friend on down . Make sure you give them a letter authorizing them to act on your behalf 

Paul

from a reading of this there seems to be no need to get an attorney involved- just send a friend on down . Make sure you give them a letter authorizing them to act on your behalf 

What if the guy doesn't owe anything, but is still on the black list? I wonder if they would still go through the same process?