Sign in to follow this  
tambok

Immigration Blacklist Removal

tambok

One friend of mine (not me) ran a business, failed, ran out of money and asked the embassy to repatraite him. He is in the US now.  He told me that he owes money to the Phil immigration and is blacklisted.

How does one go about removing oneself from that list even after the late fees are paid (and how are those paid if he is outside the country)?

Do you know of good lawyers that would help and represent him while he is out of the PH?

I asked him to post here but he feels that there are too many ruthless flamers who will just be gloating and not helping. So, please reply without bile or sarcasm.

• Like 2

liquido

One friend of mine (not me) ran a business, failed, ran out of money and asked the embassy to repatraite him. He is in the US now.  He told me that he owes money to the Phil immigration and is blacklisted.

How does one go about removing oneself from that list even after the late fees are paid (and how are those paid if he is outside the country)?

Do you know of good lawyers that would help and represent him while he is out of the PH?

I asked him to post here but he feels that there are too many ruthless flamers who will just be gloating and not helping. So, please reply without bile or sarcasm.

Perhaps in the USA he could visit a Philippine Embassy or Consulate and start from there..Hopefully one would be near by where he is at..?

miles-high

Google/Yahoo/Bing immigration law firm/lawyers in the NCR, find a lawyer who has some national government experience (preferable with Justice, BOI, etc.), contact and retain him or her…

NOSOCALPINOY

Here's my recommendation to a good reputable immigration attorney, good luck to your friend!

http://www.gurfinkel.com/

Paul
I asked him to post here but he feels that there are too many ruthless flamers who will just be gloating and not helping.

Let him know that, if he chooses to post, and is flamed, I will personally ban those members from this site for doing so. While I used to be somewhat easy on flamers, I am no more. 

Off topic posts deleted. People, no need to comment on flaming. Comment on the topic at hand. I will make sure the flaming stays out of the thread. That's my job. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 6

lopburi3

It would appear a lawyer in the Philippines is needed but clarification on what is owed to whom might also be required as it might not be immigration that needs to be addressed if actually business debts so important to get the right lawyer.  Do not believe a Consulate would be of much help unless a government to government situation.  I suspect he has repaid anything required to Embassy and is now free to travel? 

Will add that I do not know how easy it might be to remove blacklisting in the Philippines but that it is a very serious issue with most governments.

Edited by lopburi3

smokey

why not contact BI first before hiring a lawyer it might not be that hard if they receive their due

• Like 2

mabutiman

Speaking from experience it is very difficult to obtain the "lifting order" once you have paid the amount owing ...and you definitely require a representative on the ground here in Manila to door knock Intramuros many many times ....it will happen but as we all know the wheels turn slowly !!

smokey

if It was me I would just go to Thailand or viet nam seems he might of wore out his welcome but if its a must do start with contacting the investigation dept. of BI the people who probably suggested his blacklist in the first place , why throw lots of money at what might be a impossible dream

• Like 1

Skywalker

why not contact BI first before hiring a lawyer it might not be that hard if they receive their due

Good advice I would suggest.  I am guessing that the money owed to the BI is what brought about the blacklisting, unless the Embassy asked the Government to blacklist the guy, for what ever reason.

I am concerned that the guy still owes money to Filipino's here.  Because, unlike in the West where bankruptcy doesn't carry so much controversy anymore, that is not the case in SEA.  A local businessman here, who fails to collect his debts, has a reputation to consider, and this is a 'face' issue.  

So, my advice would be to clear any money owed to creditors, otherwise returning to the Republic might be dangerous.

Skywalker

if It was me I would just go to Thailand or viet nam seems he might of wore out his welcome but if its a must do start with contacting the investigation dept. of BI the people who probably suggested his blacklist in the first place , why throw lots of money at what might be a impossible dream

A valid consideration.  It would be very useful if the guy could find a working example of a case where this worked out.

tambok

Here's my recommendation to a good reputable immigration attorney, good luck to your friend!

http://www.gurfinkel.com/

Isn't this lawyer in the USA, though, helping Filipinos to get to the US, rather than helping Americans in the Philippines?

Gentlemen, thanks for all the answers. I had asked him to post but he said that he'd posted on some other board and there were all these smart alecs there going : " You du--------s, serve you right! You should have thought about it before" and something of that nature,

Anyway, Googling lawyers in the Philippines is something anyone can do without even asking on boards. This is why I'm asking here- do you know of a lawyer that you yourself have worked with that can help with it? Anyone reliable?

It's a valid matter for all of us because one never knows-- this can happen to anybody.

Also, as to the recommendation of having " someone" on the ground in the Philippines, who should that " someone" be? A girlfriend? And what precisely should that someone do/say/ask? What if one does not have the "someone"?

NOSOCALPINOY

Isn't this lawyer in the USA, though, helping Filipinos to get to the US, rather than helping Americans in the Philippines?

Gentlemen, thanks for all the answers. I had asked him to post but he said that he'd posted on some other board and there were all these smart alecs there going : " You du--------s, serve you right! You should have thought about it before" and something of that nature,

Anyway, Googling lawyers in the Philippines is something anyone can do without even asking on boards. This is why I'm asking here- do you know of a lawyer that you yourself have worked with that can help with it? Anyone reliable?

It's a valid matter for all of us because one never knows-- this can happen to anybody.

Also, as to the recommendation of having " someone" on the ground in the Philippines, who should that " someone" be? A girlfriend? And what precisely should that someone do/say/ask? What if one does not have the "someone"?

He also has an office in Manila! I lived in California my whole adult life and this attorney is well known in San Francisco and other states, he's no amauter! He may cost a bit more, but people who have retained his services got good results! If you or your friend have doubts about my recommendation to him or to his other offices, just forget about it then!

If the guy is trying to save money by doing it on his own via his girlfriend or friends in the Philippines, which actually can be done without an attorney! So, go for it!  

So, who's being pessimistic here?  The OP asked for recommendations of a reputable immigration attorney and I provided it! So, "don't shoot the messenger"!  

http://www.gurfinkel.com/firm_locations_makati.htm

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

mabutiman

The BOI directions say that you must have a representative in Manila to act on your behalf when the payment owing is made ...a lawyer will ask for 50% up front and balance on approval of the "lifting order" ..this can be anywhere from P100k upwards and then how do you feel about sending P50k to a lawyer in the Phils ??? ... also how would you know he is even working on your case ?? ... this is a very difficult process to overturn ..