Is having a bar girl a date?

4thDan

If the check bounces then you can tell her it was a date......

• Like 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Fred M

• hyaku

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know about the oysters part. But, I have been known to spare no expense on a date with a woman, even a bar girl. Certainly more than some of our tight fisted members (and former members) would h

Perhaps I should have clarified my statement in the Korean thread.    Yes, I look at taking a bar girl out of a bar, as a date. Just because she works in a bar, and is going to have sex with you for

life is funny sometimes you meet a girl in a bar and she turns out to be a great wife and other times you meet a girl in church and she turns out to be everything you expected from a bar girl ,,, peop

Posted Images

spooks

If the check bounces then you can tell her it was a date......

Miss when did you know you were raped?

When the cheque bounced

Davaoeno

but of course we all know most foreigners are big tippers

lets try and leave size out of this please !!   I always start feeling inferior !

Don't know about the oysters part. But, I have been known to spare no expense on a date with a woman, even a bar girl. Certainly more than some of our tight fisted members (and former members) would have. 

You know, I can't help but wonder why some guys would look at them as nothing more than a piece of meat. I mean, let's put our cards on the table here, gentlemen. She is a woman still, like other women. Her circumstances just happened to land her in a bar on Mango Avenue (or Queens Road), rather than in MetroBank or RCBC. Of course, she is also making a hell of a lot more money than a bank teller, and probably as much as (or more than) some bank managers that I knew in the Philippines. Kudos to her if she can. 

While I have seen some of those girls just turn their lives into shit, I have seen others end up buying or building their own homes. I have seen them own their own cars. Others have actually married foreigners and have moved on with their lives to become responsible mothers, and have made fantastic wives. I have seen them put the monies they earned into properties, knowing that they should invest in something, because time will be their enemy. 

So, don't paint them all with the same brush. Some have done very well for themselves.

Where is Queens Road?

I have many friends who are married to former bar girls, not just Filipinas, but girls from many nationalities who have plied that trade in many countries. Most but not all have seemed to work out. You are right about some being shrewd investors. Certainly the world would be a duller place without them.

Edited by Paul
Separated quoted text from reply.
Paul

Where is Queens Road?

One block off Mango Avenue. It's where LoneStar Bar is located.

• Like 1

Thanks. Never really bothered with the Cebu bar scene but may check it out next time I am passing through.

Alfred E. Neuman

Why is the OP concerned?

Paul

Thanks. Never really bothered with the Cebu bar scene but may check it out next time I am passing through.

lonestar_bar_cebu.jpg

Why is the OP concerned?

If you read the OP you will see it refers to another thread. No concern just interested to see who considers sex with a prostitute as dating.

• Like 2
Paul

Why is the OP concerned?

Because of a statement I made in a reply in another thread. That is what generated his interest, and this thread.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Never really bothered with the Cebu bar scene but may check it out next time I am passing through.

wink wink say no more say no more.

miles-high

It should be whatever you want it to be, after all you are paying.

My sentiments exactly... just like any other RPG's... although I usually stay away from any games I cannot win…

lamoe

Have never used a bar girl  / prostitute (I was married before I was 20).

There is a young lady  who works in a bar in Angles I've chatted with online. 

She's intelligent, funny, and can converse in English very well. But also way too young - early 20's.

If we do meet it will be a date and I will have no problems paying for her time 

• Like 2
hyaku

While I have seen some of those girls just turn their lives into shit, I have seen others end up buying or building their own homes. I have seen them own their own cars. Others have actually married foreigners and have moved on with their lives to become responsible mothers, and have made fantastic wives. I have seen them put the monies they earned into properties, knowing that they should invest in something, because time will be their enemy.

So, don't paint them all with the same brush. Some have done very well for themselves.

Very true. Anyone who thinks he is safe settling for a girl who didn't work in a bar, didn't even do online dating and is a trustworthy chance would be wrong. You are just as likely to get things screwed up, even if you date for long time trying to play safe.

• Like 1
Alan S

Out of interest, when I lived in AC, I met numerous girls who worked in bars. Some lived in the house next door to me.

One of them spoke 11, yes eleven, languages! She had worked in a law office doing translations, so was fluent in the languages and also knew the legal terms etc.

When they decided to sack her, the only work she could get at similar (actually better) pay was working in a bar, which she did.

I never dated or went out with her, but we did exchange emails for several years, until she met and married a foreigner she had met in the bar. (I heard some years later that the marriage was a success.)

So, some bar girls are intelligent, and have a different background to what many people would imagine.