The Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the Philippines in 2014

Oasis Monarch

Career guidance for those who are preparing to enter High School and College.

The Salaries quoted in the article are in PHP.

See: http://www.imoney.ph/articles/top-10-highest-paying-jobs-based-years-experiences/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1
Mikala

I've never met anyone that made more than 12,000p a month (magazine editor in Manila). The figures don't seem realistic.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

they don't have shabu kingpin

Brucewayne

Maybe in another country, but not likely the pay within the Philippines.

For nearly every job listed, there are probably about a thousand graduates applying for each job.

ITs for example supposedly rake in 32,873 per month.

I doubt that very seriously, as the ITs I have met are barely scraping by (the ones lucky enough to find work here) and I see that they left out call centers which seem to pay better than IT work.

Good English skills are all that are needed and a fellow I know who works in Mactan at one such center says he was hired on at P20,000 per month to start.

manly4eva

My MIL is the secretary for the vice mayor in a very small provincal town and she is on 22000 a month.I swear she only does about 2 days work a week..She is mostly on flexi time, ha ha ..Must be ontime for Monday morning flag raising but after that if the vice mayor is away she bearly turns up for more than 2 hours in the AM and 2 after lunch..She has held this job for about 30 years..Needless to say her works mates are either waiting for her retire or die so they can have the job.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Where are doctors on the list?

Sent from Note 3

Edited by Salty Dog
Oasis Monarch

Where are doctors on the list? Sent from Note 3

Perhaps this site may help:http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=171&loctype=1&job=2&jobtype=1

It shows average as well as median salaries for the Health/Medical sector as well as other sectors. But it is undated.

• Like 1
Oasis Monarch

1. More sites to compare and contrast the figures given in the OP:

a. "Top 10 High-Paying Jobs in the Philippines" by the Bureau of Labor Employment Statistics; gives the median salaries as at 2010. http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/publication/LMT-Top%20High%20Paying%20Jobs.pdf

b. An anecdotal survey: "How much does a person from the Philippines earn?" http://www.thelongestwayhome.com/blog/philippines-journal/how-much-does-a-person-from-the-philippines-earn/

lopburi3

The source appears to be an employment agency serving all of South East Asia so expect there may be inflation to attract customers?

RogerDuMond

and I see that they left out call centers which seem to pay better than IT work.

That would bu under the heading of customer service.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Those are very realistic salaries here. 

For nearly every job listed, there are probably about a thousand graduates applying for each job.

That may be, but for key positions you want a good candidate for the job and you pay for that. I know of several companies who are actively recruiting OFWs working abroad as engineers to bring them back here, give them a bump in salary to make it more attractive (apparently being able to see your family every night isn't incentive enough for them). 

ITs for example supposedly rake in 32,873 per month. I doubt that very seriously, as the ITs I have met are barely scraping by (the ones lucky enough to find work here) and I see that they left out call centers which seem to pay better than IT work.

You have people calling themselves ITs here who know nothing about nothing. We have people working for us with degrees in IT that are only qualified as customer service agents. A good IT professional with certifications in metro manila will make 35k plus easy. Our IT manager makes more than twice that. Needless to say, he doesn't need to be told what to do. He gets a budget and strategic direction from me and shit always works in my office!  

Irenicus

I've never met anyone that made more than 12,000p a month (magazine editor in Manila). The figures don't seem realistic.

That's odd.  My GF graduated college three weeks ago and is starting her first ever job at 20K (virtual assistant).

greengorilla

Doesnt sound right to me, they probably copy and pasted some 'official' figures that arent based on reality. Sort of like the unemployment rate being at 7% ~lol  :workout:

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

That's odd.  My GF graduated college three weeks ago and is starting her first ever job at 20K (virtual assistant).

Yea but that's virtual money. :biggrin_01:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3

the figures quoted for salaries dont appear to tie in with real estate costs or the number of new cars appearing on the streets.

OFW remittances only = 250$/person/year according to my back of the brain calculation so that isnt going to make much diference either

something fishy somewhere

• Like 1