Sign in to follow this  
Panserhansen

Bjoern (Billy) Andersen in need of A+ in Naga/Minglanilla

Panserhansen

I visited Bjoern this Friday, he has been in hospital for a week now. He called today and said he is i need of A+. He is right now at South General Hospital between Naga and Minglanilla.

Bjoern is 61, a retired sailor and been active in some bikers clubs in Cebu. He is one of my friends, and I hope someone could help him out.

Please concact Bjoern or his spouse Cecile at 09154016950. Please share at all known Filipino networks.

Thanks,

Lars

• Like 5

Paul

Billy is a long time member here, as well. Billyand

I also have hosted his motorcycle club site for several years.

• Like 1

Mr. Beer

Tried to send you a message, Lars, but couldn't.

I can make it down there tomorrow and roll up a sleeve.

• Like 3

Paul

Please change your blood type setting in your profile.

Alfred E. Neuman

I was a regular donor until they became strict since I am heavily medicated. If he badly needs it I will be discrete with what I'm taking and be able to help. I live in Naga with A+ blood.

• Like 2

Ozbrum

Tried to send you a message, Lars, but couldn't.I can make it down there tomorrow and roll up a sleeve.

Where you traveling from mate ? Perhaps we can travel down together, happy to roll up a sleeve too

I am in Talamban

Cheers

Al

• Like 2

Panserhansen

Strange, I shouldnt have any restrictions. Anyway I am here in Toledo so I guess it is better you text Bjoern or his spouse Cecile who might be by the phone, and make arrangements.

Thanks all for helping out! :)

Mr. Beer

Where you traveling from mate ?

Cansojong here, near Tabunok/Talisay.

Mr. Mike

That's what makes Linc so special...you put out a call for help, and you usually get it!

• Like 3

Mikala

I'd love to help, but still in South Korea until May 1st. If he still needs A+ after May 1st, I volunteer.

easy44

I'm in Leyte so can't help, but kudos to those who do!

Mr. Beer

Well, I just got back from the hospital. Met Billy's wife, she's nice. Seems the screening for donating blood was too strict for me.

I wasn't able to donate blood to Billy because I drank some beer lastnight around 10:00pm. They said if I wanted to come back after 10:00pm tonight, then I could donate. WTF?!?! Are they kidding me?!  Oh, and then they only take 5 ml of blood to test it. THEN, you have to wait 4 hours after that to find out if they will even allow you to donate to the patient. Then they will take the 500 ml of blood.

This place is fricken ridiculous! I swear.. try to do something nice and see what you get? I felt like she was just making up stupid questions to find a reason to reject my donation from the start.

I've given a lot of blood and platelets. I know all the usualscreening questions. Never had I been asked, well, rejected for drinking the night before. There was no "have you had sex with another man, even once" or "have you had malaria"questions. Stupid idiots, all I can say.

• Like 4

Fred M

I know in some countries they advise donors not to drink alcohol in the 24 hours before donating. I think that is for the donors well being.

Well done for trying though.

Alfred E. Neuman

Probably avoiding lawsuit.

Ozbrum

Well, I just got back from the hospital. Met Billy's wife, she's nice. Seems the screening for donating blood was too strict for me.

I wasn't able to donate blood to Billy because I drank some beer lastnight around 10:00pm. They said if I wanted to come back after 10:00pm tonight, then I could donate. WTF?!?! Are they kidding me?!  Oh, and then they only take 5 ml of blood to test it. THEN, you have to wait 4 hours after that to find out if they will even allow you to donate to the patient. Then they will take the 500 ml of blood.

This place is fricken ridiculous! I swear.. try to do something nice and see what you get? I felt like she was just making up stupid questions to find a reason to reject my donation from the start.

I've given a lot of blood and platelets. I know all the usualscreening questions. Never had I been asked, well, rejected for drinking the night before. There was no "have you had sex with another man, even once" or "have you had malaria"questions. Stupid idiots, all I can say.

Well done ( twice) mate,, you saved me the hassle of going through what you have been through. I was going down tomorrow so will avoid the booze tonight... Hard to handle the 4 hour wait though...