Sign in to follow this  
Paul

For Mr. Motley (those in Cebu please read this post)

Paul

Monies have been donated, sent to my PayPal account, by a member. (I will not mention his or her name, without their permission.) 

This member wishes for someone, anyone on the ground in Cebu, to take the funds and buy flowers for Mr. Motley.

Is there anyone here, whom I can send the funds to, via PayPal, that would help us to sort this, please? 

I am under the impression Mr. Motley's remains are at a funeral home.

• Like 1

Paul

So, I take it no one in Cebu, no member of this forum is willing to do this?

Alfred E. Neuman

Which funeral home? I'm in Naga but will be in the city tomorrow afternoon.

Lee

He was taken to 

CEBU ROLLING HILLS MEMORIAL CHAPELS

A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City Information and Service Calls (032)3462543 Secretary and Other Inquiries (032)3462601

If someone is in Mandaue, then it should be easier for them to do it than I, but if no one else wishes to do it (as I never like to be involved with anyone's funds and it is far from our condo), then I will take a taxi over there and try to deal with it. My wife already called over there yesterday and spoke to a man name Jun Conrado (spelling ?) to make sure the body was there.

As far as I was told by Garrett Patrick Motley father, they were supposed to call the funeral home and arrange all that needed to be done with the body. I have not heard back from his parents or brother, so I have no other info besides his father said he would call them as soon as he got off the phone with me, when I called them the other night. 

• Like 2

Paul

Well, if someone, anyone would maybe give them a bell and find out if they still have the body, it would greatly be appreciated.

I have monies in my possession that should go to flowers for him. 

Lee

Well, if someone, anyone would maybe give them a bell and find out if they still have the body, it would greatly be appreciated.

I have monies in my possession that should go to flowers for him. 

We will call again tomorrow if no one else posts here that they will. I no longer have a landline here because I had to give up PLDT since the service sucks so bad that it finally got me to the breaking point. I also go tired of all the wrong number calls at all hours of the day and night. I have to wonder about Filipinos some of the time, why the heck can't some of them dial the right number the first, second or even the third time.  :wacko:  :blink: 

• Like 1

Paul

Well, hopefully, your current internet access is better - and more reliable. 

Anyway, I would appreciate anything you, or any other member can do here, Lee. 

Anyone who wishes to help, please just post here. I have the funds currently in my Australian PayPal account, in the form of USD. 

CebuKano

PM sent to you Paul.

Lee

Well, hopefully, your current internet access is better - and more reliable. 

Anyway, I would appreciate anything you, or any other member can do here, Lee. 

Anyone who wishes to help, please just post here. I have the funds currently in my Australian PayPal account, in the form of USD. 

Yes, thank you, for now the Smart LTE pocket wifi is much faster and much more reliable, I only hope it will work again just as good next year when we get back.  :steve: 

I hope Motorhead can take care of the flower issue, thank you in advance if you or anyone else can. Please post here once you know Paul and I will follow up in the morning when I wake up if he or someone else cannot. 

• Like 1

CebuKano

Yes, thank you, for now the Smart LTE pocket wifi is much faster and much more reliable, I only hope it will work again just as good next year when we get back.  :steve: 

I hope Motorhead can take care of the flower issue, thank you in advance if you or anyone else can. Please post here once you know Paul and I will follow up in the morning when I wake up if he or someone else cannot.

Hey, no problem Lee. I just noticed the thread.

I can relate with your internet problems too - mine is for shit here at the house. But that's another issue.

Paul

Looks like MH will sort it for us. 

It's a $50 USD donation made to me through PayPal, from a member of the site. 

• Like 1

CebuKano

Update

My wife and I visited the funeral home early this morning and the night staff provided us as much information as they have.

Mr. Garrett Patrick Motley, US citizen, Age 55.

As far as the staff knew at the time nobody has come forward to claim him after 4 or 5 days.

No autopsy can be performed before someone claims the body.

He is in the morgue area of the building so flowers or other donations cannot be accepted at this time.

After a time (the night shift did not know the specific criteria) the US embassy will be contacted regarding the situation.

As far as the staff knows no family members have contacted the funeral home as of today.

I will stop by each day and report back here if anything changes.

Rest in Peace Mr. Motley

• Like 9

Lee

I have now updated MotorHead in a pm with Garrett's fathers contact info to give to the funeral home, hopefully Garrett's father will follow up on what he told me he would do while on the phone with me, as I supplied him with the funeral homes phone number and who my wife spoke to there and even how to dial it from the US. 

It is a terrible tragedy when someone dies so far from home and logistics do not always make it easy for family members to deal with these situations promptly, due to time difference etc. His father told me that he would contact Garrett's brother the next day as it was 10pm at night in New York when I spoke to the father on the phone.

RIP Garrett 

• Like 4

CebuKano

I have now updated MotorHead in a pm with Garrett's fathers contact info to give to the funeral home, hopefully Garrett's father will follow up on what he told me he would do while on the phone with me, as I supplied him with the funeral homes phone number and who my wife spoke to there and even how to dial it from the US. 

It is a terrible tragedy when someone dies so far from home and logistics do not always make it easy for family members to deal with these situations promptly, due to time difference etc. His father told me that he would contact Garrett's brother the next day as it was 10pm at night in New York when I spoke to the father on the phone.

RIP Garrett

Roger that Lee. We will all do what we can to help his family out. Thanks for your efforts as well as Paul's. I'm confident that his family will resolve the issue. Like you said, it's a matter of time and distance. And shock, I'm sure.

• Like 2

cebubird

Way to go guys!!!!! Hope the guy's family appreciates your efforts.

God bless you guys for your efforts!

It's always so great to know there are some like you on this forum.

And whoever sent the money to Paul to, in effect, get the ball rolling--a heartfelt thanks to you also.

• Like 9