Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Is Tuli (Circumcision) really necessary

Paul

I was circumcised. I'm glad I was.

I am glad my parents had mine sorted while I was a baby, as well. 

You aren't butchering your children if you have them circumcised. So, please do not make such statements.

If you wish to do it, fine. If you wish not to have it done, that is fine as well. 

Either way, it is up to you to make the decision(s) for your male children.

SkyMan

Barbaric?  Some of you should watch the news more.  Ha

• Like 1

SkyMan
Skywalker, on 10 Apr 2014 - 09:36 AM, said: AM Many strong views, most interestingly the guys who are circumcised defend it, but of course the majority had no choice so they certainly don't want the choice made by their parents to be questioned.

I thought it was the guys whose parents didn't care enough about them enough to take care of it.  And now they're trying to justify their, mess.  So sad. 

Edited by SkyMan

Skywalker
I thought it was the guys whose parents didn't care enough about them

Pointless.

Edited by Skywalker

Salty Dog

But does anyone who wasn't circumcised wish they had been?

taiko

But does anyone who wasn't circumcised wish they had been?

Plenty of people, unlike a few generations of Americans and South Koreans who were circumcised because that is what the doctors said at the time most of the people on earth who have been circumcised have done so for cultural reasons I am sure quite a few wish they had been cut as infants rather then as pre teens.. . The third of the world which follows Islam and others like the Filipinos do it as that first step of a boy going into adulthood.

So to answer your question directly those who convert to Islam and Judaism along with the micro minority those who do develop a medical condition later in life.

Skywalker

So to answer your question directly those who convert to Islam and Judaism along with the micro minority those who do develop a medical condition later in life.

So you are saying that a medical condition, caused by not being circumcised, is inevitable?

Salty Dog

Lets try this again. I'll try to be more specific this time.

Do any LinC members who weren't circumcised wish they had been?

Lets leave the other 3 billion men in the world out of this, as none of us can really speak for them.

If your married or dating a Filipina and she wishes you were, that doesn't count.
Edited by Salty Dog

lamoe

Nature didn't make a mistake about circumcision

Look at nature - in an overwhelming number of species - monogamy is not the norm - was same for man at one time

Ever see a female dog or cat in heat?  Enhanced sensitivity = shorter encounters = more encounters = greater chance of procreation.

So guys, in a manner of speaking, by design,  we got screwed again.

• Like 1

Skywalker

I think it's quite observable that those who were circumcised as babies seem surprisingly proud of something they had no choice over.

I am not proud of not being circumcised.  I am whole.  (Well, except I had my appendix removed to save my life).

• Like 1

maccydee

I've been having this ongoing conversation with the wife for the last 5 yrs & I feel like I'm hitting my head on a brick wall. She wants it done when he is 8 or 9 but I'm of the opinion to let him make his own decision when he is older. Tho I'm hoping in the next year to get them to the UK so guess that will change the gameplan a bit. I think it should only be done in a medical nature as happened to my nephew in the UK. Or if he asks for it after having made up his own mind.

Skywalker

I've been having this ongoing conversation with the wife for the last 5 yrs & I feel like I'm hitting my head on a brick wall.

But you understand that logic has no bearing when it comes to 'culture'?  It's always sad in my mind, when people allow themselves to be prisoners of what was considered correct in the past.

The answer to the OP original question remains the same - no.

taiko

So you are saying that a medical condition, caused by not being circumcised, is inevitable?

Not understanding the concept of micro minority? No it is the least likely reason someone would wish they were circumcised earlier, the most likely reason is that they belong to a culture that does it or they convert to a culture that requires it for membership and/or to be thought of as a real man.

taiko

Lets try this again. I'll try to be more specific this time.

Do any LinC members who weren't circumcised wish they had been?

Lets leave the other 3 billion men in the world out of this, as none of us can really speak for them.

If your married or dating a Filipina and she wishes you were, that doesn't count.

I guess I'm wondering if those who haven't been cut are as proud as those you have been.

So basically Europeans as most American men over 40 were routinely circumcised as infants with younger men still being circumcised at about a 50% rate.

4thDan

Nature didn't make a mistake about circumcision

Look at nature - in an overwhelming number of species - monogamy is not the norm - was same for man at one time

Ever see a female dog or cat in heat?  Enhanced sensitivity = shorter encounters = more encounters = greater chance of procreation.

So guys, in a manner of speaking, by design,  we got screwed again.

Actually we also got screwed out of having multiple orgasms also....