Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Is Tuli (Circumcision) really necessary

samatm

So My Lad @ 14 is thinking about it....  I say its all up to you and ( I am glad no one asked me my choice...as I was just 1 month old )       What would you advise you kid.

https://ph.she.yahoo.com/is--tuli--really-necessary-022907456.html

Is ’tuli’ really necessary?
By Dr. Randy Dellosa, Your Online Shrink | Yahoo SHE – Tue, Apr 8, 2014 10:29 AM PHT
Summer is that time of the year when multitudes of Filipino boys “shed blood” to become men. No, it’s not in war that their
blood is spilled, but in the surgical procedure called circumcision.
For some reason, blood plays an important part in the coming-of-age of both girls and boys.
Just as a girl’s first menstruation signifies her crossover from childhood to womanhood, Filipino boys undergo the bloody
ritual of “pagtutuli” to enter manhood.

What is the foreskin?
To appreciate what circumcision is, people first need to know what foreskin is:
It is the loose fold of penile skin that slides over the penile head to cover it.
Contrary to popular belief, the foreskin is not just extra and useless skin. It serves the special purpose of protecting the
head of the penis from infections and injury, and it is a highly erogenous area which is as sensitive as the finger tips and
lips.
Interestingly, the human foreskin is also used in the manufacture of facial skin creams, skin grafts and porous bandages.

Styles of circumcision
The goal of circumcision is permanent exposure of the head of the penis so that it
ceases to be hidden by the foreskin. The two styles of circumcision done in the
Philippines include the “dorsal cut” and the “German cut.”
The dorsal cut is one short snip of the foreskin, with the snip being as long as
the penile head. In the dorsal cut, there is no foreskin removed. Once the cut
heals, the foreskin just droops to the sides and underside of the penis as loose
skin. Because the dorsal slit is simple and quick to do, this is the style of
circumcision commonly done in “operation tuli” or “mass circumcision” events.
In the German cut, much or all of the foreskin is surgically removed. Without
the foreskin, the penis attains a neater and sleeker look. The German cut however
is more bloody, time-consuming and complicated procedure since it involves
cutting off the foreskin all around the circumference of the penis.

No medical reason
Medically speaking, there is no reason to do routine circumcision on males.
Circumcision is necessary only when the foreskin is too tight, thereby resulting in the following problems:
Edited by samatm

HTM

"Is Tuli (Circumcision) really necessary"

NO!

Better to teach children about good hygiene!

• Like 7

Skywalker

No medical reason Medically speaking, there is no reason to do routine circumcision on males.

It's a disgraceful legal assault on a child, for absolutely no good reason.

Interestingly there is a move to stop female circumcision in the UK at the moment, but no mention of making it illegal to attack vulnerable male babies.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking in an era of so-called equality.  I severed (pun intended) a long and close friendship a few years ago, because he allowed his child to be mutilated in this fashion.

• Like 5

SkyMan

I am glad no one asked me my choice...as I was just 1 month old
Exactly.  Thank God my parents took care of that for me.
  • Like 3

Davaoeno

I read an article yesterday about men over 40 [50?] getting circumcised and how it greatly reduced their chances of getting prostate cancer.   I can't remember the details nor the source .

at first glance I dont see how it could do that- but I wasnt interested enough to read the whole article

Mr. Mike

Nope...

Jess Bartone

The foreskin has HIV receptors. Are the impassioned contributors happy with that?

• Like 1

Half Baked

Exactly.  Thank God my parents took care of that for me.

+1

• Like 1

samatm

my UNCLE in his 70's had to have a Circumcision .... for medical reason's... He said he sure wished  it hd been done as an infant. ... 

manly4eva

I don't have enough now,so I'm happy my parents left it there..I am in discussion with my wife now.Our son is 7 not my biological boy but I have told her my views on the matter while also showing him how to wash properly...I am pretty sure he will stay uncut...It surprises me that this goes on here being such a religious country... We are born with it and I'm sure god put it there for a reason.So are they saying god made a mistake and you need to cut it off??  :shit_stirrer:  

• Like 1

Skywalker
The foreskin has HIV receptors.

Source?

I've never heard that from any medical professional.  And I've been tested for HIV every 6 months for at least 20 years.  I've lost many many friends to AIDS related illnesses, and I have NEVER, repeat NEVER, heard any Doctor say that circumcision reduced the chances of acquiring HIV.

Having just googled that, there is no common agreement that circumcision has any impact on the transmission of HIV.  In fact HIV is most prevalent in sub-Saharan Africa, where circumcision is routinely practised.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1

Britishandproud

I'm not cut and I'm glad I ain't. In UK it's more common with Muslims and maybe other religions to have it cut.

That's In my opinion, Haven't looked at any stats or anything.