Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

I shrieked like a little girl when i seen what was on me

Headshot

Keep them around.  They control the roach population.

I have seen huntsman spiders eating tikis. Tikis are the little geckos that eat mosquitos, ants and flies. I always have tikis in my house. They are wonderful for pest control. Huntsman spiders are great hunters outdoors, but there are no giant cockroaches in my home, and there is no place for huntsman spiders in my home. They and the tukos (the big geckos that make all of the noise and also eat tikis) can stay outside...thank you very much. The only top predator allowed in my home is me. Like I said, with a two-year-old running around wanting to pick up everything, why would anybody in their right mind take that chance.

• Like 3

Siuk

why would anybody in their right mind take that chance.

It's not about wanting them in your home or not. I don't want large huntsman spiders staying in my home either, but why kill them when they are easy and safe to remove from your home?  Having a two year old running around wanting to pickup everything is irrelevant if the spiders are being removed, one way or the other.

They may be scary and weird, but they are still our friends and serve a purpose. Filipino's think this way about many foreigners who come here too.

Alfred E. Neuman

I leave them alone in the house. Better them than roaches.

KID

I leave them alone in the house. Better them than roaches.

The only thing I am willing to share my house with that has MORE legs than me is my dog and my daughters rabbit

The only thing I am willing to share my house with that has LESS legs than me is my daughters fish

Everything else is getting squashed,shot or exterminated :)

• Like 1

Irenicus

if you see a mango tree check it for golden orb weavers. 

They also like to build webs in the bathroom.  

At face level.

That you discover at 3 AM.

In the dark.

• Like 2

Headshot

It's not about wanting them in your home or not. I don't want large huntsman spiders staying in my home either, but why kill them when they are easy and safe to remove from your home?  Having a two year old running around wanting to pickup everything is irrelevant if the spiders are being removed, one way or the other.

You must be quicker than me. The only way I have been able to "catch" one was by swatting it with something. They are very fast, and don't herd well. Getting them to run the direction you want (like out the door) is pretty unlikely. Obviously, you don't have a two-year-old.

Edited by Headshot

jtmwatchbiz

i'm surprised no one here mentioned the local sport of spider fighting. our house helper and guards along with the ones next door regularly stage and wager on spider fights. they simply find a web, scoop up the spider with a stick and introduce it to another web. man the shit really hits the fan quick! their spiders of choice are the big black ones with the small yellow markings like the one pictured in a previous post. vicious fighters.

Skywalker

i'm surprised no one here mentioned the local sport of spider fighting.

I hope they are not gambling money, and if they are it is under the authority of PAGCOR!  :regler:

jtmwatchbiz

I hope they are not gambling money, and if they are it is under the authority of PAGCOR!  :regler:

usually bitcoins

• Like 5

Skywalker

You must be quicker than me. The only way I have been able to "catch" one was by swatting it with something. They are very fast, and don't herd well. Getting them to run the direction you want (like out the door) is pretty unlikely. Obviously, you don't have a two-year-old.

My God daughter is nearly 2, and herding her is like trying to herd a cat!

Don't really get much in the way of wildlife here in the Eagles Nest (33rd Floor) although amazingly those huge flying cockroaches still manage to crash land on the balcony.  They seem to have a simple technique for landing, they simply fold up their wings and clatter.

• Like 1

Headshot

usually bitcoins

So...nothing of real value.  :cool:

• Like 4