Sign in to follow this  
ILoveCyrus

Need to call Manila DFA, but I don't have landline....

ILoveCyrus

I was hoping to email them, but alas, they don't have an email listed.  For a country with so many IT people, IT schools and training, you'd think that their Online Service would be better.

So....What's the best way I can call Manila without having a landline at home...?  I refuse to be locked into a 1-2 year contract with PLDT, etc...

All I'm trying to do is get a Dispatch number of reported and registered birth certificate (born in USA)...of my son.  We filed 4 copies of his Report of Birth at the Phil Consulate in Los Angeles.  4 copies: 1 for me, 1 for LA, 1 for Manila, and 1 for ...I forget who.....Washington maybe?

Once I get a "dispatch" number from Manila, then I can go to NSO office and get further paperwork and clearance for my son.

Any help or advice is appreciated.... thanks

jtmwatchbiz

What's the best way I can call Manila without having a landline at home...?

doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem. you can't use your cell phone? otherwise maybe ask to use a friend's landline? if you don't know anyone near where you live you're welcome to use ours and we are in guadalupe. 

• Like 1

ILoveCyrus

Haha....Nice one Jim.  You're too kind.  I have Globe and I think it will EAT UP all my load....no?

jtmwatchbiz

Haha....Nice one Jim.  You're too kind.  I have Globe and I think it will EAT UP all my load....no?

yes you're probably right as they may put you on hold and transfer your call around for a while. could get expensive. BTW who is jim? :)

lopburi3

JTM looks a bit like JIM on computer so expect from that?

Does PLDT still have long distance calling facilities available to public at there office locations?  They used to have but been many years and expect few people require these days.

miles-high

VOIP over your cp... :popcorn:

jtmwatchbiz

JTM looks a bit like JIM on computer so expect from that?

gee...i would have never guessed as it never happened before :)

yes i think you're right one could probably go to a mall office of PLDT and make the call from there. could be an option if the OP can't find anyone close by to use their landline.

JamesMusslewhite

If they have a toll free number you can use Skype at no charge. This also includes calling 1-800 numbers in the US, when landlines and cell phones will not allow calling toll frees because they want to charge you for the calls. I use skype and have never had a problem and never a long distance charge even using the Skype free service.

• Like 2

ILoveCyrus

yes you're probably right as they may put you on hold and transfer your call around for a while. could get expensive. BTW who is jim? :)

LOL...I always read the jtm as JIM......... my bad

• Like 1

ed villas

So....What's the best way I can call Manila without having a landline at home...? I refuse to be locked into a 1-2 year contract with PLDT, etc...

perhaps FOB?

consider a SMART (post paid account)load plan,

currently the TRINET200 and 400 offers X anount of minutes to PLDT landlines

OR consider a PLDT landline plus wireless number. NO CONTRACT required or needed, just load up

• Like 1