This Is by Far the Cheapest Way to Live and Travel in the Philippines

JamesMusslewhite

CaptainNemo

Just buy a used econo line van-sleep on an pump inflated mattress you can put away everyday-then make yourself at home.  Also you can convert it to run on biodiseal-very easy to find used cooking oil here where everything is fried.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• A_Simple_Man

• Salty Dog

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This has to be one of the cheapest ways for an expat to travel around the Philippines, great for back-packers and single men on a slender budget..         This could be built on a motorized 3-w

This is what I have to look forward to  

Posted Images

Knowdafish

I've seen some medium sized surplus trucks from Korea(?) that could probably be converted quite easily.  But can they be easily conveyed on the ferries?

Not seen an RV here.  Or a caravan for that matter.  Is there like an import ban or something?

I would think that a ferry could easily accommodate one as long as it isn't too tall considering the size of some of the trucks they already haul. 

I don't think there is an import ban, but the import duty assessed would likely be outrageous. 

There are a few of them around Manila, but most are based on a Ford van chassis, along with a few others. I saw a pic of one about 2 years ago that a T.V. celebrity owns. 

I could easily build a nice one as I have the skills and know how. I also know where to get the stuff needed for the conversion. 

• Like 1
smokey

I would think that a ferry could easily accommodate one as long as it isn't too tall considering the size of some of the trucks they already haul. 

I don't think there is an import ban, but the import duty assessed would likely be outrageous. 

There are a few of them around Manila, but most are based on a Ford van chassis, along with a few others. I saw a pic of one about 2 years ago that a T.V. celebrity owns. 

I could easily build a nice one as I have the skills and know how. I also know where to get the stuff needed for the conversion.

I would think in a place with 7,108 islands a boat would be more useful then a motor home

• Like 4