• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• A_Simple_Man

• Salty Dog

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This has to be one of the cheapest ways for an expat to travel around the Philippines, great for back-packers and single men on a slender budget..         This could be built on a motorized 3-w

This is what I have to look forward to  

Posted Images

smokey

The first one looks like a Whippymobile, the second looks more like a Smokey mobile ( minus the elevator and hot tub). :ROFLMAO:  Now if you can make it run on electricity derived from solar panels you're closer to what I have in mind.

Now there is a compound even you can afford

Skywalker

I've seen some medium sized surplus trucks from Korea(?) that could probably be converted quite easily.  But can they be easily conveyed on the ferries?

Not seen an RV here.  Or a caravan for that matter.  Is there like an import ban or something?

Edited by Skywalker
A_Simple_Man

Not seen an RV here.  Or a caravan for that matter.  Is there like an import ban or something?

I cannot think of a reason you could not have one built, but seriously, in a country where EVERY home has iron bars on the windows and most homes have perimeter walls and sometimes guards or guard dogs, who would feel safe sleeping in one?  And if you did feel safe would it be a false sense of security?

I can see the idea taking off if RV parks, complete with 24 hour security service, became available.

Mikala

Wow, a Pinzgauer 710k radio truck? I loved my 710M in Hawaii. It was fantastic. Sold it 5 years ago when I took another contract job on the mainland USA.

:killself:   :sorry:

mpt1947

I cannot think of a reason you could not have one built, but seriously, in a country where EVERY home has iron bars on the windows and most homes have perimeter walls and sometimes guards or guard dogs, who would feel safe sleeping in one?  And if you did feel safe would it be a false sense of security?

I can see the idea taking off if RV parks, complete with 24 hour security service, became available.

We don't have bars on our windows - maybe you guys just live in bad neighborhoods

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

RVs just don't seem to be part of the Filipino dream. When I told my wife I was thinking of buying a class A motorhome for our 'states' time she thought I was nuts. She said she wouldn't want to live like that. To me, its the perfect way of life. If you don't like something about where you are you just head on down the road. 

When I told her how much the one I wanted cost she really thought I was nuts. 

Still working on her on this one. 

JohnSurrey

Actually I think the reason you don't see many mobile homes etc. here is because you'd own it...

miles-high

Still working on her on this one.

She may like a German 6 x 6 go-anywhere camper...

2 (2).jpg

3.jpg

2 (1).jpg

• Like 3
greengorilla

there are tons of vans about, for security you could make it blend in by having a common colour paintjob

you could get plexiglass windows or even grilles.....plus if you are sleeping in the thing you really think they will go through the trouble to smash their way in? i think they would go for easier targets than that

• Administrator
Salty Dog

there are tons of vans about, for security you could make it blend in by having a common colour paintjob

you could get plexiglass windows or even grilles.....plus if you are sleeping in the thing you really think they will go through the trouble to smash their way in? i think they would go for easier targets than that

You're making a big assumption that they think or rationalize things before they act.  :cool:

• Like 1