Sign in to follow this  
Monsoon

Another childbirth in the Philippines thread

redman69

Congratulations on having a healthy baby. And the breast feeding and formula and color of the pooh is only good for a few more days. Then it is back to the man talk on here.

• Like 1

ellenbrook2001

sure at that price you expect the best? so how many PINOY can afford it when they see you where ready to pay such amount they did spoil your ladies.

Monsoon

My fiancee is having fraternal twins, was 4'10" and 88lbs pre preg... Is now 107lbs and continuously told she'll have a Csection. Been to Makati Medical Center (OB from there), St Lukes in Global City, and Medical City Ortigas. Every place has quoted no less than 200k (she has PhilHealth, so might get something back). Going to check Alabang in a few hours after reading this experience.

Good luck with the twins! My wife is a twin. Born at home with a midwife. Her mother had no idea she was having twins. My wife came out first and then her sister followed breech. Amazing when you think about it. My mother in law didnt have an anesthesiologist giving her an epidural either! Nature takes care of things in most cases. I have all kinds of time for that woman. My wife and her sister are rather tall for Filipinas as well.

I think you will find Asian to be on par with St Lukes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Monsoon

sure at that price you expect the best? so how many PINOY can afford it when they see you where ready to pay such amount they did spoil your ladies.

Had a chat with one of the staff OBs while being the pacing nervous father and she said 5k all in at a public hospital.

Monsoon

Baby had her first doctors appointment today. I am really impressed with the pediatrician. She must have spent 45 minutes with us. She did all of the "work" herself, like measuring and weighing, even though there was a nurse there. Total bill including a vaccination 1000pesos. You wouldnt see a pediatrician in the US for more than 10 minutes and even that would be considered a comprehensive office visit and billed at a higher tier.

Brucewayne

My fiancee is having fraternal twins, was 4'10" and 88lbs pre preg... Is now 107lbs and continuously told she'll have a Csection. Been to Makati Medical Center (OB from there), St Lukes in Global City, and Medical City Ortigas. Every place has quoted no less than 200k (she has PhilHealth, so might get something back). Going to check Alabang in a few hours after reading this experience.

The cesarean deal is usually a big scam.

My wife went to 3 OBs before we finally met one who agreed with me.

They can't possibly know that a woman needs a cesarean until the woman is nearly ready to deliver (unless the woman has a condition which requires a cesarian) because most cesarians are only performed if the baby is breached or tangled in the chord and that only happens at the last stages f delivery.

• Like 1

JohnSurrey

The cesarean deal is usually a big scam.

My wife went to 3 OBs before we finally met one who agreed with me.

They can't possibly know that a woman needs a cesarean until the woman is nearly ready to deliver (unless the woman has a condition which requires a cesarian) because most cesarians are only performed if the baby is breached or tangled in the chord and that only happens at the last stages f delivery.

Spot on Bruce.

Monsoon

You can usually tell the scamming doctors - they like to create fear. And the drama queen tendency of Filipinos does rear its head in the medical world as well. During one of my wife's ultrasounds the doctor (ultrasound techs are MDs here, at least the one we went to was) - exclaimed "Oh its breech!" So my wife and I worried all weekend until seeing her doctor the following Tuesday who told us the baby isn't expected to be in her final position for another few weeks. And sure enough, my wife went for an ultrasound on that week to the day and the baby was in proper delivery position. 

Was it really necessary to excite my wife over nothing? And WTF couldn't that doctor explain that its perfectly normal for the baby to be breech at that point. 

rfm010

at the moment, 8 of the 10 latest, 11 of the 16 latest posts on the new content page are by monsoon.

mother and child must be resting at the moment?

Monsoon

at the moment, 8 of the 10 latest, 11 of the 16 latest posts on the new content page are by monsoon.

mother and child must be resting at the moment?

Haha. Just have a bit of free time at the moment. Working from home today as I couldn't be bothered to fight Friday traffic and haven't been on the forum much the last few weeks. Actually the baby is very good so far - not sure if this is the calm before the storm or not. 

• Like 2

Brucewayne

Haha. Just have a bit of free time at the moment. Working from home today as I couldn't be bothered to fight Friday traffic and haven't been on the forum much the last few weeks. Actually the baby is very good so far - not sure if this is the calm before the storm or not. 

Only a s%#$ storm once you start changing the diapers, don't think negative thoughts after coming along this far.

I am sure you have a healthy child and your baby should do just fine.

I am the type of Father who worries constantly about my children (eldest is 38) and I am here to tell you that it just isn't worth it.

Now, if I could just follow my own advice, maybe I would be more relaxed and easier to get along with.

• Like 2

Monsoon

Only a s%#$ storm once you start changing the diapers,.

Haha. Actually I haven't had a chance to change a diaper yet. Anytime she makes a noise my wife and ar least one other woman around here goes running. One of the many advantages to having a baby in the Philippines I suppose.

I do feed her every night when I come home though.

• Like 1

Brucewayne

Haha. Actually I haven't had a chance to change a diaper yet. Anytime she makes a noise my wife and ar least one other woman around here goes running. One of the many advantages to having a baby in the Philippines I suppose.

I do feed her every night when I come home though.

Lucky man.