Sign in to follow this  
tokyoman

MOA shooting and security is a joke

stevensanph

There is risking lives and there is doing nothing.  A big difference.

The one that really gets me is the guys in the car park, checking the trunks.  Of course, if you have an SUV they don't even bother, but if you have a saloon - yep, better check in there.  I get it they are looking for bombs, but the SM near us the car park is outside in the open.  If you wanted to bomb the building you'd just drive through and park in the underpass which goes directly under the mall, needing to pass no security checks to get there.

Salty Dog

I have a box in the back of my multicab that is large enough to hold a few bodies. They have never looked at it or questioned me about it.

Sent from Note 3

smokey

How do they check you in other countries? Here is the only place I've seen the public searched going into a mall.

Correct....  if there were NO guards the mall would be a big mess for citz...

The one that really gets me is the guys in the car park, checking the trunks.  Of course, if you have an SUV they don't even bother, but if you have a saloon - yep, better check in there.  I get it they are looking for bombs, but the SM near us the car park is outside in the open.  If you wanted to bomb the building you'd just drive through and park in the underpass which goes directly under the mall, needing to pass no security checks to get there.

that started when the hotel got bombed I think 2006 bomb was in the trunk ... but come on the mirror under the car look in the trunk well the bad guy would have to be dumb as a rock

tokyoman

Security execs in the phils probably believe the bad guys here are not very smart...

look at the gang who tried to rob MOA? Why not rob a softer target? 

SkyMan
smokey, on 01 Apr 2014 - 09:48 AM, said: but come on the mirror under the car look in the trunk well the bad guy would have to be dumb as a rock

It's especially laughable when they waive the mirror under my multicab pickup.  Exactly what do they think one would hide under a totally exposed bed/frame.  Hahahahaha

Correct.... if there were NO guards the mall would be a big mess for citz...
True, the guards here are probably more for keeping squatters out than to provide any security against those pesky gun/knife/hammer toters. Edited by SkyMan