Sign in to follow this  
bushwacker

General appearances of Woman

Oasis Monarch

The short hair around the forehead is a sign of damaged hair. Many Filipinas use a lot of radical techniques to try to enhance their beauty. As a result they often use irons and harsh chemicals in their hair that are supposed to make it look healthy but actually badly damage their hair, making it so brittle that it breaks off when brushed...often within an inch or two of the root.

Is this the "hair rebonding" service offered in many hair salons?

Kuting

You are, of course, correct. I misspoke. My apologies. What I really meant to say was that sometimes housewives don't have time to care for long hair, and therefore forsake their hair rather than forsaking their other responsibilities. Many mothers here are so busy taking care of their families and helping to support the family that they just can't devote much time to themselves. There are some very beautiful women who have short hair. However, in Philippine society, long hair is valued as a sign of beauty, so most women don't give up having long hair easily. There are, of course, exceptions.

Headshot, I do feel I have to correct you in your assumption that most housewives in the Philippines who don't have time to care for their looks have short hair---it is the opposite.. they tend to have long hair because they can't even afford to go to a salon and long hair is actually eaiery to manage than short hair, that is based on my experience, too.. I think short hair is becoming a trend in the PH now. my friends there have cut their hair short and they look very smart and elegant. i personally have short hair, and my husband seems to think it is better than long hair. So we're both happy :D

Edited by Katrinamona
  • Like 1

T.S.

The short hair around the forehead is a sign of damaged hair. Many Filipinas use a lot of radical techniques to try to enhance their beauty. As a result they often use irons and harsh chemicals in their hair that are supposed to make it look healthy but actually badly damage their hair, making it so brittle that it breaks off when brushed...often within an inch or two of the root. If you see a woman with short hair all over, she is either a housewife who doesn't have time to care for long hair, a cop, or a "tomboy" (a lesbian)...or some combination of these factors.

Are you sure about that? My wife always has those short hairs on her hairline and it really seems different than the rest of the hair, not like normal hair that broke off short. It seems thinner and like doesn't really grow long. She refers to them as "baby hairs".

ozboy

LOL...most housewives here do not have the luxury of maids n helpers...

bushwacker

Thanks for all of the positive comments.  I was quite concerned about this thread, thinking I might, but hoping nobody would be offended.  I entened to merely get some insight to physical characteristics and you have all provided me with them and much enjoyed humour.

I have also heard the small hairs referred to as "baby hair" as described in T.S. 's note.  You do see it in Thailand.  Sometimes a lady will have a little bit and other times a lot.  It is something that is rare in Canada and surprised me when I first visited Thailand.  It seems more predominant in RP. 

When I do visit, the ladies with baby hair and no teeth are surely safe from my advances.  GUARANTEED!

I am inspired by the many comments about how truly beautiful the ladies are.  And I have been told by many women over the years that caring for long hair is very much easier than caring for short hair.  Counter-intuitive, but true.

:rose:

hyaku

I bought the Mane and Tail brand shampoo and conditioner Western women are fond of for someone with fine hair. Her hair started to fall out after using it! Coconut oil, calamansi, egg etc work wonders as long as you leave them on for a while. Like the hairdresser does use a cover.

Most brand names purport to have all these things in them but there's nothing like the real thing. Perms burn the hair.

ex231

The moles aren't so bad. It's the gophers that make me look away.

hyaku

I think its remarkable they way the girls walk out of what in West is considered a shed ready to go to town looking so pretty, clean and fresh. With the average age here at 23.4 I hardly think anyone should complain about eye candy.

ozboy

Yes n when they go abroad they cannot help posing in front of other peoples cars n homes and post on FB to get their friends here envious...... :sarcasm:

• Like 1

spydoo

I think short hair is becoming a trend in the PH now.

Unfortunately "women's lib" has crept into some spheres of Filipino society and some women don't know whether to be women with long hair or to try to be like men with short hair. I believe it then comes through in people's character, too. Short haired men tend to know they are men and behave like it. Long haired women tend to behave more like women should.

I love how most Filipinas have long hair.

AlooGobi

Short haired men tend to know they are men and behave like it. Long haired women tend to behave more like women should.

How should a woman behave? and how  exactly does a woman's hair length affect her behaviour?

I've known plenty of long haired guys who had no doubt they were men as did anyone they encountered.

Kuting

Unfortunately "women's lib" has crept into some spheres of Filipino society and some women don't know whether to be women with long hair or to try to be like men with short hair. I believe it then comes through in people's character, too. Short haired men tend to know they are men and behave like it. Long haired women tend to behave more like women should.

I love how most Filipinas have long hair.

Sorry but i have to disagree!! This comment is bordering on sexism :-/

• Like 2

For Real

Lucky its only bordering i guess. I do love long hair, nice breasts and a cute bottom but i guess i am a man afterall...thats what we like

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Davaoeno

I partially disagree because it not bordering on sexism - its out and out sexism !!

"Long haired women tend to behave more like women should."    actually i consider that comment to be not only sexist but also incredibly naive 

• Like 2

Salty Dog

Unfortunately "women's lib" has crept into some spheres of Filipino society and some women don't know whether to be women with long hair or to try to be like men with short hair. I believe it then comes through in people's character, too. Short haired men tend to know they are men and behave like it. Long haired women tend to behave more like women should.

Lucky its only bordering i guess. I do love long hair, nice breasts and a cute bottom but i guess i am a man afterall...thats what we like

I think your right, There just isn't anything sexy about a woman with short hair.  :sarcasm:

Even though she has been picked as one of the most beautiful women in the world 11 times.

halle-berry-james-bond-best-body-of-all-time-2.jpgHalle Berry Workout and Diet 3.jpgHalle-Berry-2013-597x763.jpg

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3