Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Magic age men vs women

lamoe

There are different magic ages for men and women here and there

I was discussing men's and women's ages with a lady there and her opinions were vastly different than here in US.

Men  =  64 - she advised me to never say I'm 66, 65 seems to be the cutoff for old and too old. (here probably 50)

Women = 30 - 29 is still a young women, 30 is old maid (here 40)

For me 35 is about the lowest I'd consider for a partner. Of course I could be full of it and won't really know until I get there.

Ozbrum

Common on dating sites in th Phills is for many under 30's to look for guys 18 to 80 ! ...... So obviously looks are important to the ladies....

When I was looking, I believed 35 to 45 would be good for me, ( me mid 60's ) I still believe this to be my belief .

Eventually found a great lady aged 45 , we been together now 2 years.

Common on dating sites in th Phills is for many under 30's to look for guys 18 to 80 ! ...... So obviously looks are important to the ladies....

When I was looking, I believed 35 to 45 would be good for me, ( me mid 60's ) I still believe this to be my belief .

Eventually found a great lady aged 45 , we been together now 2 years.

• Like 1

ex231

I think it's definitely a personal choice. I was 60 when I came here and figured my dating range to be loosely 25 -35. A friend wanted to introduce me to a girl that was 20 and my answer was Hell No! He was able to talk me into giving her a scooter ride for a day with him and her sister. She moved in shortly after  :idontknow: So far so good and we're very happy and that's really all that matters.

• Like 5

Jess Bartone

There is no such thing as a "magic age" except in someone's head. If you like someone very much, it grows to love, and you're compatible, that is the "magic". My wife studied the "good book" throughout her teens and young adulthood. When I expressed reservations about age, she insisted that in all her studies she found there was nothing stipulating the correct age to fall in love. She convinced me.

So how many more "age" topics can we expect? Seems to be a fixation lately.

• Like 5

I <3 Cebu

Age is just a number & not one single fook is given as to age differences between other couples or their thoughts & opinions of the gap in my own relationship.

Im early 30's so no interest in a woman older than me... um unless shes hell hot &/or rich lol

• Like 1

Borinquen

When i got here, i hadn't dated anyone over 24 (i'm 32)... than i met my 26 y/o fiancee. The maturity levels here vs. in U.S. are noticeable. I found myself with more things in common the older the girl i dated. I actually sat down with sisters (19 and 25 y/o)... the younger one just had nothing to say, while her older sister was definitely more interesting.

Magic age for me would be 23-30, if i wasn't taken.

Im early 30's so no interest in a woman older than me... um unless shes hell hot &/or rich lol

Older ladies can be attractive, but i feel the same... I need a sugar momma haha :)

Edited by Borinquen

A_Simple_Man

The mods are softening.  Used to be that even the mention of age difference between men and women was a banning offence

Age Differences - This topic almost always causes flaming. Do not post threads regarding anything concerning young women and old men dating, marrying, etc. - Updated 02/11/2013

• Like 2

SkyMan

The mods are softening.  Used to be that even the mention of age difference between men and women was a banning offence

So far the discussion (if you can call it that) has been about age and not age differences.  If it spills to that, the ban hammer may fall.

Humboldt

I notice the women here will say I'm 30+ , I guess that sounds better then 39 . So I started  to do the same thing  I'm 50+

I can say that for 4 more yrs lol

then  it's I just turned 60 

Edited by Humboldt

Siuk

I notice the women here will say I'm 30+ , I guess that sounds better then 39 . So I started to do the same thing I'm 50+

Yeah, I often get the same.  As a real 30+ they usually ask what local school I go to.

lamoe

I was advised that this thread might be outside of the forum guidelines. - I don't know how to delete it. 

I apologize for my wording.

It wasn't meant as a request for comments on your personal dating views on age differences but rather a comment that a year or 2 can be perceived as the straw that broke the camel's back regarding initial interest, how you are looked at,and how women look at themselves.

I have no problem saying I'm 66. Typically no reaction BUT when I've said close to 70 it's "wow you look really good for your age".

Thing is within the last 2 years I've  lost over 15 kilos and look / feel better than when I was 60.

In the US culture, each of these are preconceived milestones which have no bearing on the actual person's maturity or vitality 

19 / 21

29 / 30 

39 / 40 

59 / 60

69 / 70

• Like 1

SkyMan

In the US culture, each of these are preconceived milestones which have no bearing on the actual person's maturity or vitality 19 / 21 29 / 30 39 / 40 59 / 60 69 / 70
I wonder why you left out 49/50?  I worked in a rather large gov't building and it was always the 50th BDs that were the most fun.  Offices would be decorated in black crows and black balloons, Over the Hill posters, etc 

broden

i only concern myself with what is for me and what is not for me in my own relationship

what is for or not for someone else is their business

• Like 5

Paul

So far the discussion (if you can call it that) has been about age and not age differences.  If it spills to that, the ban hammer may fall.

And trust me, we have created a monster in SkyMan. So, I suggest everyone keep strictly to the topic. 

miles-high

i only concern myself with what is for me and what is not for me in my own relationship

what is for or not for someone else is their business

Need we say more? :D