Sign in to follow this  
Lee

If dating under 18yo was legal, would you consider it?

Cipro

For all those that are playing symantics with the words of the law. Good luck to you, if you date a girl younger then 18 ...

Younger THAN. 

And if you are referring to me, you should be aware that I'm saying the law in question (RA 7610) would have almost every adult in PH in violation, technically, much like speeding in America but with much higher stakes. 

USMC-Retired

If I was talking to anyone I would quote them and not just make a general statement. No reason to get defensive, play with fire you may just get burned. Only a fool woukd take that risk in the Philippines or anywhere...

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cipro

To answer the question, it would depend on a case by case basis. It's a bit like asking if I would date a woman if she was a redhead. Answer .... possibly?

contraman

( Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, etc.)

Perhaps this is another example of the many poorly written laws in this country

This looks like a catch all law that would cover a lot of guys, (note that it is also gender specific ) including myself.

My lovely lady (she who must be obeyed) is 12 years younger than me.

So therefore she is more than 10 years my junior.

Under this law, its going to be very hard to defend.

It looks like its off to the big house for me :(

Edited by contraman
  • Like 1

Cipro

( Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, etc.)

Perhaps this is another example of the many poorly written laws in this country

This looks like a catch all law that would cover a lot of guys, (note that it is also gender specific ) including myself.

My lovely lady (she who must be obeyed) is 12 years younger than me.

So therefore she is more than 10 years my junior.

Under this law, its going to be very hard to defend.

It looks like its off to the big house for me :(

She is 10 years your junior but is not a minor. I'm pretty sure the term "his" is short hand for "his or her" but you are right, it's gender specific as to the adult in a strict reading, but not of the minor. However when I went to the mall with my 23 year old GF and her young daughter I was clearly in the company of a minor, and therefore a criminal pervert. 

This law is mostly well written but this specific clause is terrible. 

contraman

I am no lawyer, but i dont think that you can presume that they mean "him and her" mean the same?

Also on my reading of this clause, to me it clearly defines a Minor as being twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior .

Another example of "It's more fun in the Philippines" :)

• Like 1

Cipro

I am no lawyer, but i dont think that you can presume that they mean "him and her" mean the same?

Also on my reading of this clause, to me it clearly defines a Minor as being twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior .

Another example of "It's more fun in the Philippines" :)

Not really:

"Section 3. Definition of Terms. –

(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;"

Or to be more clear, they don't define the term minor in the section 10 clause, they use it. So if she's not a minor, OK, if she's within 10 years, OK.
Edited by Cipro

contraman

Not really:

"Section 3. Definition of Terms. –

(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;"

Or to be more clear, they don't define the term minor in the section 10 clause, they use it. So if she's not a minor, OK, if she's within 10 years, OK.

I disagree

I still say it is not specifically explained.

If I took this logic to my career. I would be spending a lot of time explaining why more aircraft had fallen out of the sky.

As this work of mine has been in this region, it could have been a flight you were on.

Rules, laws, regulation need to be specific.

This like saying that an aircraft must not be loaded beyond 80% of its rated capacity, yet not knowing what that rated capacity is.

Ps: not ment to be off topic, just being used to demonstrate a point. Maybe need this as a new topic

Edited by contraman

Faktor

i think the law is clear, do not be alone with anyone underage, that said, why would u, a relationship is a partnership. a person to share your life wth, talk about what has happened during the day, a relationship is not raising a kid, that is parenthood, but even if it was legal i would not, yes some are nice to look at, but that is all u should do. majority here under 18 are very imature, and do not know the risks involved, most here in this forum has an education and deep inside should know its wrong,, so why not take the moral high ground, i have a beautiful fiance, we have been together 18 month now, she is turning 24 soon, and she can even be very childish at times,, and i have to tell her, i am dating a woman not a child, i am putting her through education so she learns to grow up, takes responsebilty and know right from wrong, the only reason mentally i can think why ppl would date underage is they need someone to either dominate or be at the same lvl of intelligence. enjoy looking at them and then leave them to grow up... most of those exposed as underage ends up in the streets in manila if i am not mistaken, so it might be harmless fun to u, but to the girl its long term very damaging

Jess Bartone

i think the law is clear, do not be alone with anyone underage, that said, why would u, a relationship is a partnership. a person to share your life wth, talk about what has happened during the day, a relationship is not raising a kid, that is parenthood, but even if it was legal i would not, yes some are nice to look at, but that is all u should do. majority here under 18 are very imature, and do not know the risks involved, most here in this forum has an education and deep inside should know its wrong,, so why not take the moral high ground, i have a beautiful fiance, we have been together 18 month now, she is turning 24 soon, and she can even be very childish at times,, and i have to tell her, i am dating a woman not a child, i am putting her through education so she learns to grow up, takes responsebilty and know right from wrong, the only reason mentally i can think why ppl would date underage is they need someone to either dominate or be at the same lvl of intelligence. enjoy looking at them and then leave them to grow up... most of those exposed as underage ends up in the streets in manila if i am not mistaken, so it might be harmless fun to u, but to the girl its long term very damaging

No offence intended, but part of your post about dating "a woman not a child" who needs to be educated "so she learns to grow up" doesn't make sense to me.

People (male or female) who grow up hard in 3rd world countries are generally far more mature than a lot of spoilt westerners (including myself no doubt), including some of those whose words I read in this very forum. My wife does not like to associate with wives of expats because a lot of them she has known for many years, and has then had to watch them change by acting out a character they believe the foreigner wants. "Plastic" she calls them.

I personally have matured far more in the five years we've been married than in my entire life, thanks to the positive influence of my wife's maturity and wisdom, in spite her youth. The question in the OP is moot for me because I have found my life partner, but IF I was single and IF the age of consent in the Philippines was 16, I would be stupid to rule out 16 and 17 year olds based solely on their age and perceived lack of maturity, or because some faceless person's rhetoric on a public forum about age difference was too overwhelming.

Also, people who make character judgements based solely on the impression they want to project publicly are doing themselves a great disservice.

• Like 1

ed villas

NO...

if i was 18-24 yes .. or i was a newly enlisted on my 1st tour here,,

but NOT now . not at my age, NOT in this country or any other country

if it was a "short time"date, NO NO NO.

:regler:

I will not comment any further as i respect the FORUM RULES regarding age related posts/topics

Alan S

I think everyone has made their point and so I will close this thread.

Not because anyone has gone of ftopic YET, but because I suspect that it is getting close to that point.

• Like 3

Paul

I will not comment any further as i respect the FORUM RULES regarding age related posts/topics

And considering I, the owner of this forum, had already posted IN this thread, there was no need for you to make your post. Please make note of that in the future. 

• Like 2