Sign in to follow this  
Lee

If dating under 18yo was legal, would you consider it?

HTM

He was stating a hypothetical situation, Harry. IF it WERE legal in the Philippines to date someone under the age of 18, say 17 or 16, for example, would the members do so? That's the question, basically.

In the Philippines it's legal to date a 12-18yo as long as she brings a family member who is over 18!

Don't know which country it is illegal, so I asked, Where is it illegal?

• Like 1

Paul

In the Philippines it's legal to date a 12-18yo as long as she brings a family member who is over 18!

I completely understand your point, Harry.

I am going to just sit back now, eat my  :popcorn:, do my  :dance2: , and watch the debate continue.  

• Like 1

crj

Not for me. Even if I was single it would not be worth it

Lee

Could you please post that law for those who might wish to date those younger women. 

miles-high

It is a hypothetical situation and if it is legal, why not? As long as dating/relationship is consensual (without pressure, duress, use of authority, etc.) and mutually rewarding…

govoner

No at  age 52 I would be too ashamed to been seen in public pretending an 17 year old could be interested in me, for anything other than my money,.  

Whats the magic age when they are not interested in your money?

• Like 4

RogerDuMond

if it was legal in the Philippines, how many might wish to partake?

No. I don't enjoy babysitting.

• Like 5

Paul

103?

• Like 6

HTM

Could you please post that law for those who might wish to date those younger women. 

NO!

Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activity in public.

Dating a young/minor girl is from what I know NOT illegal in most countries, but there may be restrictions, like here in the Philippines.

There are no laws about dating, but there are other laws that restrict relations with minors! (like REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7610)

As a Muslim you may also marry a 12 year old girl here in the Philippines, and this is NOT limited to Filipino citizens.

I see that some here mix dating and intercourse, dating is NOT the same as intercourse or other forms of sex!

contraman

103?

Thanks

So I still have a few years to be concerned.

• Like 1

HTM

:snap:

Here in the Philippines I would advise everyone to avoid dating or meeting with girls that you are not 110% sure is over 18.
Although it may be legal to meet underage girls it can put both your and the girl's life in danger.

Stick to women over 40!

• Like 2

Jack_be_nimble

Nope OP, I would not consider it.

Mikala

Stick to women over 40!

I agree! All you guys stick with women over 40 and I'll take the girls between the age of 18 and 40!!   :Yay:   :yahoo:   :rose:

• Like 2

rainymike

My two year old already knows daddy is the one with the money to buy toys and Jollibee. From my point of view it's not a bad thing. When she grows up, I do hope its one of the considerations in her choice of a partner. I would not be entirely happy if she chose a partner only for love (no matter what the fairy tales say).

• Like 1

Alan S

I dated young girls when I was a similar age.

In fact, in my teens the sole criteria was, "would they?"

By the time I reached 20, I wanted someone with whom I could converse and have something in common, and that wasnt discussing her latest school project.

Now I am over 20 (several times over) I would want someone who shared my interests, had good conversational skills, etc.

That only comes with age and maturity, so I would say that, for me, mid-30's or older is the ideal age for a partner.

• Like 3