Sign in to follow this  
Lee

If dating under 18yo was legal, would you consider it?

Lee

In some of the other topics people say that in some countries it is legal, so I wonder, if it was legal in the Philippines, how many might wish to partake? The law is the law but what if the law was different? 

As for me, I have never met anyone under their mid 20's that I felt I had anything in common with besides sex and while the sex was great with some who were 19 and above, sometimes we had to come up for air, so while I am sure there are young ladies who appear mature at younger ages, I have not met even one that I would consider dating (of course I have not met all and taken ones do not count), of course I am referring to if I was still single because as married, while I enjoy looking, my wife is all I will ever need or want and I am sticking to that story for my own safety. :D

• Like 2

For Real

I used to do it before but not lately 

dutchben

Stupid to play with children exept when you self a kid off same age.

• Like 1

Mikala

I dated a 16 year old girl about 8 years back. I originally met her in 1998 when I was first going to the Philippines and I was dating her older sister. We’d take her, the mother, sometimes the father, along with us on various sightseeing trips inside the country. After her older sister proved the notion “you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the girl”, I hadn’t heard from the family until the younger sister reached the age of 16. She pretty much pushed me to date her. I told her “no” multiple times, but finally gave in. I saw no harm in it since I had no plans to return to the Philippines for ½ a year or more. I figured she’d find someone else to pester. After a few months, it became clear that she was tired of internet dating (thank God for that) and suddenly became pregnant from a janitor at the school she was attending.

I can’t say that we had any interesting conversations, other than catching up on what her family members were doing. I can’t say that dating her thru the internet was anything more than a waste of my time, but I went along with it due to her demands that I give her a chance to make-up for what her elder sister did wrong.

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 1

sugbu777

Simple answer from me. No.

• Like 1

Paul

RULE:

• Age Differences - This topic almost always causes flaming. Do not post threads regarding anything concerning young women and old men dating, marrying, etc. - Updated 02/11/2013

I want you all to understand that, the first person to draw blood in this thread, by attacking another member, will be banned from the site.

• Like 3

Paul

People can in other Western countries, like England and Wales, so, why not? (It may be the same in Scotland too, but I have not checked that.) The age of consent there is 16. 

• Like 1

Siuk

Not a chance in hell. It can be difficult enough with a somewhat emotionally and mentally mature almost 25 year old.    My wife, at 22 then, was the youngest woman I had gone for in this country, and even then I had reservations about her age.

I'll save my opinion of men who go for little girls.

• Like 3

Mikala

Another time I was taking dance classes at a local university in Southern California. The class was filled with a myriad of different people, but out of 40 students, there were only about 5 guys (LUCKY ME!!!). Included in the class was this stunningly beautiful 17 year old girl that said she’s had 10 years of ballet class. She was a fantastic dancer and I’d never had a dance class in my lifetime. Basically I was working 40 hours a week at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station and had a LOT of free time to take extra classes.

Somehow dancing was something that I did well (after a LOT of practice). The instructor kept pairing me with the 17 year old girl to show the class how the dances should be performed, plus encouraging me to take up professional dancing. I showed up to class early and left late to practice dance steps with the young girl, but I was also spending 6 days a week going to dance venues in Los Angeles with about 25 other girls.

The young girl (I forget her name) kept pestering me to take her to some of the venues or to go out with her and practice elsewhere. I kept turning her down. She was so gosh-darned sexy and beautiful and appealing that I was 100% sure I could not resist going further than just dancing with her. I wanted no part of going to jail and am always cautious about my nuclear security clearance (my career depends on it). Eventually we drifted apart when I accepted a job at a nuclear weapons factory in Boulder, Colorado.

• Like 1

Paul
Not a chance in hell. It can be difficult enough with a somewhat emotionally and mentally mature almost 25 year old.    My wife, at 22 then, was the youngest woman I had gone for in this country, and even then I had reservations about her age.

But, that was my point in the thread about the Swede. I have an ex-girlfriend who is now a mother, and is in her late 20's, but is still as immature as when I met her when she was 21. I doubt she will ever mature, honestly. 

On the other hand, I have met girls, aged 16 to 17, who were more mature and much more balanced than she is now.

I believe that mental maturity is just as important as physical maturity, especially when it comes to finding a mate. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Fred M

People can in other Western countries, like England and Wales, so, why not? (It may be the same in Scotland too, but I have not checked that.) The age of consent there is 16.

Scotland is also 16 but Ireland (Eire) is 17.

contraman

Simple answer from me. No.

+1

Enuff

nope ........ an 18 yr old 5'5" 99 kg with above average maturity level is cute, but give me a 35 yr old with a few miles and an extra kg or 2 and thats HOT.

much like a car, I haven't seen anything in the last 30 years that's fun to drive.

• Like 5

JamesMusslewhite

No

• Like 1

rainymike

Reading your title to the post is a bit off. If the parents okay it, kids dating under 18 years of age is perfectly legal. I think I went on my first 'real' date at around 15 or 16.

LOL ... even my second grader considered his 'dance partner' at school as an early form of dating. And so did his partner's parents.

Edited by rainymike

smokey

I have a 23 year old daughter if she is an example of the youth of today forget it .... 35 and up for me

• Like 6

Lee

Yup sorry, I too dated under 18 girls when I was probably up until maybe 19 and never knew it might be illegal back then but I always went to their homes and met their parents before we went out on a date.

Enuff
smokey, on 25 Mar 2014 - 8:39 PM, said:

I have a 23 year old daughter if she is an example of the youth of today forget it .... 35 and up for me

when Obama changed the healthcare law that children up to 26 can still be covered under parents healthcare I was shocked.

now I'm beginning to think 26 is the new 21................... my son is 20 and I'm preying he will be grown up by 26.

• Like 1

smokey

when Obama changed the healthcare law that children up to 26 can still be covered under parents healthcare I was shocked.

now I'm beginning to think 26 is the new 21................... my son is 20 and I'm preying he will be grown up by 26.

Every time I see her it reminds me of the song...... I wanna go home

• Like 1

daz

Why would anyone admit to an illegal activity?

I would not as I am happily married. If I was single I certainly would not for a number of reasons. Illegal, among other things.

Daz

SkyMan
bigmook, on 26 Mar 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

an 18 yr old 5'5" 99 kg with above average maturity level is cute

Nothing cute about 99Kgs.

bigmook, on 26 Mar 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

but give me a 35 yr old with a few miles and an extra kg or 2 and thats HOT.

An 'extra kg or 2?' You mean extra above 99?  :hyper:

The answer for me is no.  I'm married so I have no reason to consider such things,

I do wonder what use of  the term 'dating' is being used in the subject line.  I for one, perhaps the only one, do not equate dating and sex.  I think one could date a girl under 18 with proper chaperonage and would probably find out that without the sex they'd prefer someone older.

Why would anyone admit to an illegal activity?

I would not as I am happily married. If I was single I certainly would not for a number of reasons. Illegal, among other things.

Daz

Go ahead and read the OP.  It explains a lot.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

In Canada the age of consent was 14 until fairly recently . 

The age of consent in Canada was raised from 14 to 16 in May 2008.[1] For anal sex between unmarried partners, the age of consent remains 18.  The age of consent is 18 if money is exchanged for the sex. 

For those interested in why the law was changed this case is interesting:   

Case of Dale Eric Beckham[edit]

One of the motivators for the reform of these laws in Canada was the case of Dale Eric Beckham. In March 2005, Beckham, then 31 years old, travelled from his home in Woodlands, Texas to Ottawa, Ontario to meet with a 14-year-old boy he had met over the internet. The boy's parents, after observing him sneaking away in the middle of the night into a taxi, alerted the police who tracked the cab to a downtown hotel. Police found Beckham and the boy unclothed in a hotel room, where they were engaged in sexual activity (it was later determined that the two had engaged in sexual intercourse the previous night). Police also discovered hundreds of p*ornographic images of children on a laptop computer that Beckham had brought with him from Texas. Beckham was arrested and held without bail. In Beckham's home state of Texas, the age of consent is 17 and violators can face prison terms of up to 10-20 years. In Canada, sexual activity with children as young as 14 (until May 2008) was legal as long as it was consensual and the adult is not in a position of authority or dependency. The boy, who reportedly suffered from social anxiety disorder and had shown signs of being suicidal, insisted during interviews with the police that the sex with Beckham was consensual. Consequently, the only crime Beckham could be prosecuted for in Canada was a relatively minor offense of possession of child p*ornography. In November 2005, Beckham pleaded guilty and was sentenced to the time already served. He was then ordered deported back to the United States.[5][6][7][8][9][10]

After being notified of his arrest in Canada, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents searched Beckham's home in Woodlands, Texas where they discovered a massive quantity of child p*ornography on his computer, with some depicting children less than 12 years old engaged in sexual acts with adults. After returning to the United States, Beckham was immediately arrested and held without bond. In July 2007, Beckham pleaded guilty to a federal charge of transporting child p*ornography to Canada,[11][12] although his lawyer argued (unsuccessfully) that Beckham's behaviour was the result of diminished capacity. In November 2007, Beckham was sentenced to 17 years in prison, to be followed by lifetime supervision.[6][7][13]

This case raised concerns that child molesters, not just in Canada but also from abroad, were taking advantage of Canada's low age of consent to sexually exploit vulnerable children while escaping criminal prosecution.[8]

Enuff

Nothing cute about 99Kgs.

An 'extra kg or 2?' You mean extra above 99? :hyper:

The answer for me is no. I'm married so I have no reason to consider such things,

I do wonder what use of the term 'dating' is being used in the subject line. I for one, perhaps the only one, do not equate dating and sex. I think one could date a girl under 18 with proper chaperonage and would probably find out that without the sex they'd prefer someone older.

Go ahead and read the OP. It explains a lot.

Hahaha. I meant lbs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Scruffydog

No at  age 52 I would be too ashamed to been seen in public pretending an 17 year old could be interested in me, for anything other than my money,.

Also at age 52,retired,, and not having to worry about a urine test, if weed was legal in GA, I might sit on my front porch on a nice spring night, on rare occasion and smoke a big fat Bob Marley. However since it is not, It is not worth losing my freedom or having my wife leave me over. Weed is legal in Colorado and not in GA. does that make legal or moral sense. No, but it's the law, so disobey at your own peril.

• Like 3