Re: No Medical Care For Cebu Retirees

Now as for the secret Demo in Cebu. That is total 100% fabricated bullshit. One only has to think why would a Demo be a secret? How would a retiree access medical care from a SECRET program. Where are the certified hospitals and doctors for the secret Cebu Demo? If we had a Demo in Cebu then Chong Hua would not be an issue. A little logic goes a long way. You can't believe everything put out by the Military Retirees of Philippines Group, but you can believe the Yahoo group Philippine Tricare Fight which is 100% factual and has no agenda to push unlike some groups.

As usual you failed to read the article. We have a beneficiary from Cebu who was hospitalized in Cebu who had a claim denied because WPS claimed he used a provider that was not approved under the Demo. This claim is more than a year old and still being bounced around and WPS and DHA have yet to backtrack on the denial because the beneficiary failed to use an approved provider while hospitalized in Cebu. Try reading next time and you might learn something.

Jim

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim1

• lopburi3

• Majorsco

• gasturbine

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the decertification of the last remaining tertiary hospital in Cebu military retirees in Cebu are effectively left with 0 availability of medical care.  Only Mactan Doctors, Velez, Sacred Heart a

Jim, is it possible for you to just give the facts rather than being insulting in the process? If somebody posts misinformation, it is OK to show why it is misinformation and give the correct informat

May we all learn from this thread - both about medical reporting and how to better react to others.  We are all wrong at times so the old saying "to err is human - to forgive divine" seems to be fitti

Is this a case of Tricare not allowing use of hospital or that hospital will not accept Tricare?  I gather that Tricare will not pay or accept claim for care at facilities they have not listed as approved? 

Most hospitals are selective on what insurance that accept for direct payment because of the paperwork involved.  My US government insurance will direct pay some hospitals but at others I would have to pay and then file paperwork - but I could use any hospital.

The problem is ISOS has decided to not take the Philippine governments licensing as proof a hospital is ligitimate and have added additional requirements that the hospital is forced to go out and do if they are to be certified. If they agree they are certified, if not they are declared illegal hospitals and removed. They refuse to tell you any of this under the claim it is all private medical information but I have ways of finding out what happened in many cases.

Jim

Headshot

Hopefully, the two new hospitals under construction in the port area of Mandaue City (that will be opening in the next year) will get certified by Tricare . One is UC Medical Center and I believe the other will be called Mandaue Doctors Hospital. These two hospitals will be very large, and should be as close to state-of-the-art as we have here on Cebu. Because they are both on the North Reclamation Area Road, access to them should be better that any of the other area hospitals.

USMC-Retired

This was one of major reasons for leaving the PH. Two small children it was very expensive fast. It is not the retirees fault here but the system of past fraud and precieved fraud in the PH. It is sad that most association to the Philippines is linked with the words fraud.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

I've been saving up all of my centavos every payday for the past 5 yrs for that eventual 100% upfront cash payment, because my credit card may not be enough to cover a catastrophic illness or injury! Luckily we still have our home to use as collateral by way of a "PROMISSORY NOTE" for the hospital to hold us hostage of our financial obligation for our medical bills if we can not make full payment!

Unfortunately, TRICARE in the U.S. assumes that all hospitals and doctors in the Philippines are all frauds and may not reimburse us of our medical claims after when all is said and done!  

Besides, the trial TRICARE DEMO PROGRAM may not be around in our neck of the woods when we may need serious medical health care in the near future! :idontknow:   

Unfortunately, TRICARE in the U.S. assumes that all hospitals and doctors in the Philippines are all frauds and may not reimburse us of our medical claims after when all is said and done! Besides, the trial TRICARE DEMO PROGRAM may not be around in our neck of the woods when we may need serious medical health care in the near future!

Tricare claims that 3 out of 4 beneficiaries are on prepayment review for suspected fraud and put that in writing to my Senator. For a family of four, husband, wife and two kids figure he husband, wife and one of the kids are on the list; if you can believe anything they say. They also claim almost as many providers are also suspected of fraud. But the real fraud was orchestrated by ISOS for years and then blamed on us and the providers. They claim the millions they denied in claims are proof that their Program Integrity Gestapo is doing their job. But since more and more beneficiaries no longer file claims that is drying up and this was shown in our survey of retirees, http://tinyurl.com/otrrlry .

With regard to the Demo, such as it is, DHA claims the 2% of the physical Philippines where it is currently in place represents more than 95% of all TRICARE beneficiaries in the Philippines. It was pointed out to me that within the areas affected by the typhoon last November, which included Cebu City and of course Tacloban, there were only 10 or so beneficiaries. At the same time ISOS was busy telling the world we were defrauding them by submitting two million claims for house damage to TRICARE. This is a quote from the article, “Tricare, a health care program providing insurance to U.S. military personnel and retirees worldwide, had received claims for damaged homes from two million people from the typhoon-devastated city of Tacloban when the population, before the storm struck, was only 220,000, said Andrea Colley-Lopez, a program manager at International SOS Assistance Inc which provides support for groups including Tricare.” “The Philippines is always going to be the bane of our existence,” she said, adding medical service providers had also submitted fraudulent claims for damaged hospitals, complicating insurance groups’ responses to legitimate typhoon victims.” See http://news.yahoo.com/philippines-struggles-keep-typhoon-aid-donations-graft-free-102225788.html .

Jim

lopburi3

Will hospitals not provide payment over time periods in such a case of not having full amount upfront?  I know they don't advertise that but here in Thailand even the most expensive private hospitals will make arrangements, over years if required, if they believe customer will try to make payments.  But agree should always try to have enough available if able - just do not want anyone to not get medical treatment because they do not have current cash to pay upfront if not required.

ozboy

HAHA...they will not release the deceased body to relatives till payment is made!!!

lopburi3

Hopefully I am not deceased if being treated, and will not become so.  I can believe a lot about the Philippines but doubt they can hold body for lack of cash if an agreement to pay is made. 

NOSOCALPINOY

Hopefully I am not deceased if being treated, and will not become so.  I can believe a lot about the Philippines but doubt they can hold body for lack of cash if an agreement to pay is made. 

RA9439  http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno9439irr.html#.U0o5pFWL58E

REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY

ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2008 - 0001

January 7, 2008

SUBJECT: Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 9439, otherwise known as "An Act Prohibiting the Detention of Patients in Hospitals and Medical Clinics on Grounds of Nonpayment of Hospital Bills or Medical Expenses".

RA9439  http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno9439irr.html#.U0o5pFWL58E

REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY

ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2008 - 0001

January 7, 2008

SUBJECT: Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 9439, otherwise known as "An Act Prohibiting the Detention of Patients in Hospitals and Medical Clinics on Grounds of Nonpayment of Hospital Bills or Medical Expenses".

Best to read the entire set of rules; it does not apply to those that opt for a private room;

V. Policies and Guidelines:

A. General Policies:

1. Patients, except those who stay in private rooms, who are partially or fully recovered and who wish to leave the hospital or medical clinic but are incapable to pay, in part or in full, their hospital bills or medical expenses/ hospitalization expenses shall be allowed to leave the hospital or medical clinic and shall be issued the corresponding medical certificate and other pertinent documents for their release from the hospital or medical clinic upon execution of a promissory note covering the unpaid obligations.

lopburi3

That appears to say a body can not be held for non-payment - and there is provision to arrange payment set out for those able to do so (co sign/land) for those short of cash.

3. In the case of a deceased patient, any of his/ her surviving relatives who refuse to execute a promissory note shall be allowed to claim the cadaver and can demand the issuance of death certificate and other pertinent documents for interment purposes. Documents for other purposes shall be released only after execution of a promissory note.

Majorsco

What I would like to know is what the Philippine dept if health is or is going to do about fraud in their hospitals and medical offices. The US position is a direct slam to the entire Philippine medical system. I would think that there would be some mention, or some action plan to address the problem. Or is the Philippines health system so warm and cozy in their corruption that they don't care? Maybe I already know the answer.

That appears to say a body can not be held for non-payment - and there is provision to arrange payment set out for those able to do so (co sign/land) for those short of cash.

If you were using a ward and not a private room.

Jim

lopburi3

This is an administrative order as you point out that only applies to non private rooms.  But can any valid law allow holding body due inability to immediately pay bill?   I still doubt it.  Huff and Puff they may but believe they would release in the end.  But maybe I believe in people being logical/human a bit too much?  I hope not.