Swiss (swedish) arrested for taking pictures of naked girls

Paul

The Philippines encourages sex tourism by having bars with take out and then they wonder why sex tourists come to the Philippines.

Fair enough. A true statement. But, even sex tourists should be smart enough to leave minors alone. Of course, it does not help when the bar owners allow minors, with fake documents, to work in their establishments. That is feeding the fire, needlessly.

• Like 3
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Paul

• RogerDuMond

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The point here is - WHY do it at all? Asian women who are OF age, often look like under aged girls. If that sort of thing gets you off, you can be with legal aged women and have your fantasy. I mean,

As long as you have been on this site, have you actually seen any examples of good journalism posted here, regarding news media in the Philippines?        The mere fact that he had under aged gir

I dont object to pictures of naked females, but if they are underage, then he is stupid. And screwed!

Paul

The guy used to live like 5 houses down the road from me here in Dumlog and there was rumors in the expat community here in this part of Talisay City that he liked them young so this doesn't surprise me.

So, you are saying that someone among the expats living in the area should have reported him before now? That would have helped the expat reputation, rather than them choosing to not become involved at all, but rather just spread gossip about.

• Like 5
Headshot

So, you are saying that someone among the expats living in the area should have reported him before now? That would have helped the expat reputation, rather than them choosing to not become involved at all, but rather just spread gossip about.

Who says they didn't. The article just says his "neighbors" reported him. It doesn't specify whether the neighbors were Filipinos or foreigners.

One thing about this makes me wonder though. They had this list of electronic equipment that was confiscated (including brand names), but nowhere did they mention a digital camera in the booty. Doesn't it seen logical that, IF he was taking pictures, they would have located a camera? Am I missing something here? I mean...certainly nobody would do "pictorials" using the little web cam on a laptop...especially if they were creating these pictures for sale. It just strikes me as odd that there was no camera.

Regardless of whether or not he was taking pictures, he was breaking the law just being with the underage girls, but there is a huge difference between the punishment for being with a minor and underage trafficking (and whatever else they want to throw at him).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4
For Real

The Philippines encourages sex tourism by having bars with take out and then they wonder why sex tourists come to the Philippines.

IMO they should call a spade a spade and legalize prostitution and even legalize xrated photos of consenting adults, which I feel might at least stop some of the trash from taking advantage of underage girls. There are plenty of legal ladies who look underage to fill the need and still keep it legal.

Of course if they would change the bs rules of 5 month contracts for employment and stop the discrimination against older workers, then that too might help parents to feed their families so kids do not feel the need to go out and try to earn money any way they can to bring or send home.

how did you manage to get the topic all the way out there? I guess you are disgusted with the 40%

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

SkyMan

IMO they should call a spade a spade and legalize prostitution and even legalize xrated photos of consenting adults, which I feel might at least stop some of the trash from taking advantage of underage girls. There are plenty of legal ladies who look underage to fill the need and still keep it legal.
I would see that as having quite the opposite effect.  For example, a guy gets busted with hard drives full of p*orn.  Are they legal adult p*orn or illegal underage p*orn?  Maybe some of each.  The pulis don't have the budget or manpower to check it all out.  So the guy goes free.  Eventually, the pulis give up and the underage stuff gets easier to acquire and transport.  Now though, it doesn't matter how old the girls are, it's illegal.  So the pulis at least have that on him and more if they can find some underage girls in there.  Also, I think if a lot of p*orn started going out of the RP with adult girls made to look younger, a lot of pervs out there (more than now) would think they can get underage girls here.
  • Like 1
Headshot

I would see that as having quite the opposite effect.  For example, a guy gets busted with hard drives full of p*orn.  Are they legal adult p*orn or illegal underage p*orn?  Maybe some of each.  The pulis don't have the budget or manpower to check it all out.  So the guy goes free.  Eventually, the pulis give up and the underage stuff gets easier to acquire and transport.  Now though, it doesn't matter how old the girls are, it's illegal.  So the pulis at least have that on him and more if they can find some underage girls in there.  Also, I think if a lot of p*orn started going out of the RP with adult girls made to look younger, a lot of pervs out there (more than now) would think they can get underage girls here.

Well, they could do what they used to do in Thailand. Just take them out in the jungle and chain them to a tree. The jungle will take of them. Either that, or you take them for a ride in the countryside, put a bullet in the back of their head, and drop them in a ditch. Then, if somebody finds the body, rule the death a suicide.

:killself:

how did you manage to get the topic all the way out there? I guess you are disgusted with the 40%

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Let me try to connect the dots for you.

If the Philippines did not have prostitution by another name, where the girls actually believe that they are not prostitutes, then possibly many of the sexpats might go to other countries.

If prostitution was legal, then those that did come anyway could pay legal prostitutes, instead of taking advantage of young poor girls.

Now if the Philippines passed a law which allowed people to work with some type of job security, so that older people specifically women could keep their jobs even as they got old, then maybe their daughters would not have to resort to working in girly bars or selling themselves to trash who are not man enough to want women of legal age. 

Now if you do not understand that, then the next time you are in a restaurant or shopping mall etc, try to find a older saleslady or waitress or working in just about any other job.

• Like 4
Paul

Who says they didn't. The article just says his "neighbors" reported him. It doesn't specify whether the neighbors were Filipinos or foreigners.

One thing about this makes me wonder though. They had this list of electronic equipment that was confiscated (including brand names), but nowhere did they mention a digital camera in the booty. Doesn't it seen logical that, IF he was taking pictures, they would have located a camera? Am I missing something here? I mean...certainly nobody would do "pictorials" using the little web cam on a laptop...especially if they were creating these pictures for sale. It just strikes me as odd that there was no camera.

Regardless of whether or not he was taking pictures, he was breaking the law just being with the underage girls, but there is a huge difference between the punishment for being with a minor and underage trafficking (and whatever else they want to throw at him).

Me. I say so. Because I know foreigners all too well. If it is a knife they can stick in someone's back, they will do it in a minute. However, if it is someone who is a legitimate threat to children, I have seen them choose to "mind their own business". The poster also said the accused "used to live" nearby. 

For me, there is no reason in this world for a single, adult male (foreign or Filipino), to be alone with a minor child (or children) whom he is not legally responsible for. 

In the case of the accused, I believe the article stated they (the accused and two minor aged children) were eating inside the house at the time the authorities arrived. I imagine that part is true, regardless of the accuracy of the rest of the article. 

In recent weeks, I have begun teaching English here. To protect myself legally, At least one other adult is present at all times. And, class is held outside under a covered overhang on the building, in plain view of everyone. If they go inside the apartment to view videos, the front door is open, and other adults are present.

Am I paranoid? Nope. Am I smart enough to cover my ass in a foreign country, while teaching English to minor aged children outside of a school setting? Yep. 

• Like 6
For Real

Let me try to connect the dots for you.

If the Philippines did not have prostitution by another name, where the girls actually believe that they are not prostitutes, then possibly many of the sexpats might go to other countries.

I would have thought sexpats go where they have access to sexual relations...I don't understand how naming conventions would direct sexpats elsewhere. - For Real

If prostitution was legal, then those that did come anyway could pay legal prostitutes, instead of taking advantage of young poor girls.

I have met Plenty of blokes that have paid illegal prostitutes by means of the bar fine in Cebu, some of these guys I know well and would not be able to live with themselves if they took advantage of desperate young or older women. If prostitution was legal they surely would still opt for transactional sex. It's been my experience that people who cheat lie or scam couldn't care less about legalities. Poor young girls would be less likely to be taken for a ride if they had better options in life. - For Real

Now if the Philippines passed a law which allowed people to work with some type of job security, so that older people specifically women could keep their jobs even as they got old, then maybe their daughters would not have to resort to working in girly bars or selling themselves to trash who are not man enough to want women of legal age.

I hear you on this point, but I don't think laws are the answer as like you say they are flaunted anyway. I'd hope for prosperity for all that want it before a new law. Labour laws in the Philippines are taken very seriously by mnc's and I have been involved in numerous consultations on how to right size pharmaceutical teams...interesting that global players need to limit investments. - For Real

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul
separated comments from quoted text. Mate, please do not reply within quotes.
Headshot

Me. I say so. Because I know foreigners all too well. If it is a knife they can stick in someone's back, they will do it in a minute. However, if it is someone who is a legitimate threat to children, I have seen them choose to "mind their own business".

While some will choose to turn their backs on a threatening situation, I seem to remember one of our esteemed colleagues from LinC Forums (a good friend of yours) who got into a rather serious altercation with a perv who brought a young girl into an open bar in Tabunok. Do you remember that? Not everybody turns their backs when they see something like that. In reality, Filipinos turn their backs on edgy situations at least as often as foreigners do.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
Paul

Do you remember that?

Fanboat?

• Like 4
Headshot

Fanboat?

Yep. Not everybody turns their back.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
Bill H

It's surely a problem and like someone said earlier the problem is made all the more complicated due to policies and behavior of the local people.  Families often encourage these young girls to go out and make money for the family.  Until the families stop encouraging and promoting this behavior it will not stop.  It's also very true that anyone over 30ish can have a very hard time finding a job here.  Just look at the want ads in the paper.  They frequently post an age range in the 20's older folks need not apply.  The people need to eat, so the girls are sent out to work.  Sad but true.

• Like 3
Paul

Yep. Not everybody turns their back.

But, how many people knew about it before hand, yet did nothing? As memory serves, he was around there for some time. I recall others telling me about it, but only after Fanboat had taken it upon himself to act. So, you are correct. It is a perfect example - of someone finally stepping in, after many others did nothing.

I hope cases like this will encourage other foreigners to actually stand up and do something from now on.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Families often encourage these young girls to go out and make money for the family.

Must be a city thing.