Sign in to follow this  
LifeofRiley

Melatonin for sleep problems

LifeofRiley

Have heard a lot about the benefits of this supplement. Can any-one tell me where to buy it in Cebu please.

miles-high

Have heard a lot about the benefits of this supplement. Can any-one tell me where to buy it in Cebu please.

You can buy it at most Mercury Drug stores… Used to be a fad 20 or so years ago as a miracle drug for jet lag… Tried once or twice 20 or 30 years ago, sleeping is much better medicine for jet lag… :D

Edited by miles-high

LifeofRiley

Thanks, will try there. One of the guys here has been using it for years to help him sleep and swears by it but he gets his imported.

Hadn`t heard of using it for jet lag until I recently started researching it, that would be a real bonus if it actually worked.

Alfred E. Neuman

GNC ayala and sm

liquido

You can buy melatonin at the Generics Pharmacy....You also might want to try Dyphenhyrdamine(benadryl) 50mg...same stuff they put in tylenal pm and vicks nyquil..its also over the counter....like 3 pesos at Generic pharmacy

Enuff

I went to my doctor about sleep issues. he recommended what works for him, drinking a glass of wine and sex with his wife. puts him in a deep sleep.

I tried it and it works.................... he has a nice house and a cute wife.

• Like 2

sperry

I went to my doctor about sleep issues. he recommended what works for him, drinking a glass of wine and sex with his wife. puts him in a deep sleep.

I tried it and it works.................... he has a nice house and a cute wife.

i used to find that just listening to the wife was far more effective.

back on topic though.  when it was in vogue i tried it once for jet lag. a waste of time and money

garg

I've been using melatonin daily since the late 80's as a sleep assist aid. It doesn't work for a lot of people, likely because they've been taking hypnotics (strong prescription sleep medicine) and the effect is not enough for their system. For jet lag, it can help you sleep in the cycle of your new location.

The prices here are out of line. I think 15p at the generic pharmacy. I get mine in the US, a few hundred pills for less than $10 at Costco.  Best bet is to get someone to bring it over.

Ronin

I bought a bottle (300ct 3mg) at S&R a couple of weeks ago for 500p.

Edited by Ronin

throttleplate

I tried it melotonin in the usa from gnc and it didn't work,i then years later tried some of it in the ph from mercury drug that was mixed with some type of plant and put into a pill and it didn't work and then I got some ambien and it works great but only use it once every 2 or 3 months if I get out of a sleep cycle and it does get me back on schedule.

liquido

I tried it melotonin in the usa from gnc and it didn't work,i then years later tried some of it in the ph from mercury drug that was mixed with some type of plant and put into a pill and it didn't work and then I got some ambien and it works great but only use it once every 2 or 3 months if I get out of a sleep cycle and it does get me back on schedule.

Tryed Ambien one time that I got from a friend..That stuff knocked me out hard...lights out like now..

Ronin

I got some ambien and it works great

Agree with this 100%.

Did you get your ambien in the Philippines?

LifeofRiley

Thanks to all who have taken the time to comment. You have been most helpful.

throttleplate

Agree with this 100%.

My expat friend while living in dipolog city in 2010 went to the doctor in dipolog and he prescribed it to him and then I tried it and it did its thing so when I went back to the usa to visit I went to the VA and got some for myself to bring back to the ph. The doctor recommends taking half of the 10mg pill as there are numerous reports of people doing weird shit while on ambian and not aware they are doing them such as sleep walking and sleep driving.

Edited by Headshot
Fixed quote

liquido

Agree with this 100%.

No...USA... .I took it by mistake thinking it was my cholesterol pill before I went out to dinner with some friends here..They said i kind of passed out at the table..They thought I was drunk...they carried me out of the restaurant....It scared me afterwards because i thought I had a problem but after a few days I realized I took the wrong pill....haha

Edited by liquido

Headshot

I took Ambien one time (prescribed by my doctor in the US) on a trans-Pacific flight. It had absolutely no effect on me. I was disappointed because I had been looking forward to sleeping through the flight.

tokyoman

I took Ambien one time (prescribed by my doctor in the US) on a trans-Pacific flight. It had absolutely no effect on me. I was disappointed because I had been looking forward to sleeping through the flight.

Same thing happened to me! 

I guess giving any medication a go beforehand is the best way 

Headshot

Same thing happened to me! 

I guess giving any medication a go beforehand is the best way 

He only gave me two pills (free sample), so I would have one for each direction on the flight. Otherwise, I probably would have test-flown it and replaced it with something else before I left the US when it didn't work.

Copenhagen

Let me share my experience with Melatonin. I take 3mg when I need better sleep. It works wonders for me. 5 hours of super sleep. Also the next night is normally better than normal. I also have 5mg tablets if more punch is needed. Compared to normal sleep medicin thus have no side effects like dry mouth. It is pretty cheap. I even found some at a local pharmac close to the friendship jeepney station. They were sold as individual tablets. Not as cheap as when bought in the US. They are not available over the counter here in many European countries.

Sven

I use melatonin sometimes and find it to help induce a good sleep. Also great to fix a jet lag.

Please note melatonin is not really a medicine. It is more of a natural remedy - you are simply topping up what is already in the body. (The body produces melatonin, or should be doing so, when it's time to sleep.) Hence no side effects. So it is completely different from the serious drugs mentioned in this thread.