Sign in to follow this  
thebob

Mantalaga.

thebob

A mantalaga is a river creature that is half man and half octopus. Presently the kids are being warned about the mantalaga in the Tanjay river in Neg Or.

Mantalaga prey on people who work in or near the river.

Are there any other creatures like these that you have been told about?

Brucewayne

No, but I know a guy in Texas who can beat that thing at arm wrestling.

• Like 3

Half Baked

My wife says that kangaroos are vampires and that there is some kinda bird/witch-something that flies around at night making some sound.

I'd kinda like to meet one of those Mantalagas. I'd hire him as a house painter and do it in a quarter of the time an average guy with only two arms could. Maybe could use his own ink to paint with! Is there only one of these housepainters Mantalagas in the river? I'm on my way with net and paintbrushes.

Edit: Just thought of the perfect joke for this thread.....

Did you hear about the guy with five penises?

His pants fit him like a glove!  !!! HA!

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 4

roaddog

My neighbor says there is a woman looking out my bedroom window all the time. Don't know why she is looking in my window.

• Like 1

hyaku

Its the 'Flying Vampires' over here. Oh and I shouldn't forget the 'black hairy man' that is the trees.

Alfred E. Neuman

Here they're called The Naga Airforce.

hyaku

Apparently he's called Agta. The local beach is Agta beach. He's the Philippines bigfoot. They actually though my house was possessed by him as he was 'seen in the kitchen'. They cut down a nice mango tree near the house as they were convinced he lived there.The only thing that I've seen that resembles him is when I look in the mirror. Now they should look out for the white hairy man?

Anyone seen any white ladies? They all say if I cut down a tree the white lady will come!

tobster

There is the "WAK-WAK". Now having heard of most of the things that have been mentioned in this thread, mentally I added it to my only in the Philippines list.

After my sister in law got herself pregnant, one night I heard the "WAK-WAK" circling the house making the wak-wak sound.

hyaku

There is the "WAK-WAK". Now having heard of most of the things that have been mentioned in this thread, mentally I added it to my only in the Philippines list.

After my sister in law got herself pregnant, one night I heard the "WAK-WAK" circling the house making the wak-wak sound.

Wak Wak's are witches. Plenty of them around!

Aerosick

I've only seen Sigbin, now we're the best of buddies...

Sigbin.jpg

Headshot

Wak Wak's are witches. Plenty of them around!

The wak-wak is supposed to cause pregnant women to miscarriage. They fly around in the evening, and land on people's roofs. Then they walk around on the roof making the wak-wak cries. It literally sounds like "wak-wak." In reality, the bird that is responsible for this myth is the white-breasted waterhen. We had one fly past my place yesterday just before dusk while we were having a party on our balcony. It landed in a marshy area behind my property. Here is a picture of it...

post-6379-0-31151900-1395555567_thumb.jpg

Monsoon

Flying Vampires'

That is a mananangal.

• Like 1