Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Mount a GoPro Hero3+ to EasyBreath mask?

lamoe

I apologise for what could be a double post but noticed a lot of views for other post and figured there is some interest.

I was looking at other masks and saw this one. ($80.00). My idea - free free to use and maybe buy me a beer when I get there -  is to take a GoPro mounting bracket and glue it to what appears to be the solid frame of the EasyBreath mask or use a stainless steel large hose clamp and attach a plastic block then attach to snorkel tube.

Hose clamp has advantage of being removable and plastic block can be made as a standoff to insure Cam is underwater.

gopro-hero-3-compatible-scuba-11539.jpg

EasyBreath-Snorkeling-Mask-How-It-Works-

Irenicus

I just carry it around instead of mounting it anywhere.  When you are trying to get close, it's easier to move your hands (with the camera) forward then to try to stick your face in the fish/sea anemone/sea urchin/moray eel's face.  

You're lucky:  Your Hero 3 comes with the flat waterproof lens housing - I had to order a special flat lens for my Hero 2 as the standard case results in blurry footage.

lamoe

I just carry it around instead of mounting it anywhere.  When you are trying to get close, it's easier to move your hands (with the camera) forward then to try to stick your face in the fish/sea anemone/sea urchin/moray eel's face.  

You're lucky:  Your Hero 3 comes with the flat waterproof lens housing - I had to order a special flat lens for my Hero 2 as the standard case results in blurry footage.

No Hero yet. If I do get into snorkeling will get one. I use an Olympus waterproof camera / recorder in pool and at beach. I'm hell on cameras so brought one that is shock resistant and waterproof.

SkyMan

Did you also get the red/magenta filter?

I need to research a mount for mine and buying a new mask isn't an option.  Mine isn't a typical flat faced mask and I like it too much to give it up.  I generally like to drift with my hands cupped under my waste so unless I want a lot of video of my own crotch, I don't want a wrist mount.  The supplied headmount would work but how many elastic bands do you want wrapped around your head?  And then you're probably going to want a safety leash so you'll look like some kind of mess getting in and out of the water and you'll probably spend a good bit of the dive trying to get untangled.  Hahahaha

davewe

I have the head mount thing and I agree that control with the hand is better than following the movement of the head. A simple pole mount is more effective for snorkeling/diving.

• Like 1

lamoe

Did you also get the red/magenta filter?

I need to research a mount for mine and buying a new mask isn't an option.  Mine isn't a typical flat faced mask and I like it too much to give it up.  I generally like to drift with my hands cupped under my waste so unless I want a lot of video of my own crotch, I don't want a wrist mount.  The supplied headmount would work but how many elastic bands do you want wrapped around your head?  And then you're probably going to want a safety leash so you'll look like some kind of mess getting in and out of the water and you'll probably spend a good bit of the dive trying to get untangled.  Hahahaha

No elastic band on head. use the circular snorkel tube with a hose clamp strap, they can be very wide 1" or 2"

Did the same when I mounted my video camera to my quad-line kite. Cost about $2.

B5F10DF0-CFAF-4A86-B344-67B8F40A1165.jpg

Monsoon

EasyBreath

As far as diving goes, I personally have not had much luck with any of these 'gimmicky' masks. 

• Like 2

Jess Bartone

I generally like to drift with my hands cupped under my waste so unless I want a lot of video of my own crotch

There is a joke in there but it would be waisted.