Sign in to follow this  
Irenicus

Does your better half have a job?

Does your better half have a job?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Does your better half have a full or part time job?

• Yes - Full time
    • Yes - Part time
    • Nope

4thDan
Over 65% work or contribute in some way.

OHHHH well now that throws a new wrinkle in the sheets..... contribute??? 

Edited by 4thDan

NOSOCALPINOY
For the pass 15 yrs, I've been looking everywhere to find some sort of a business to start so my wife can manage it and make some extra money! Guess what? We haven't found any we liked, because all of the other Filipino entrepreneurs has all of the possible business schemes all sewn up shut for themselves!  

So no, my better half doesn't have a job, but anyway she doesn't have to and probably never will!  :idontknow:

• Like 2

smokey

my wife gives me 100 a week to spend and I accept it

• Like 5

mexiwi

My fiancee has just finished university so isn't working for now.

She intends working once she gets to Australia though.

• Like 1

rainymike

And no, taking care of you - even though it is a full time job unto itself, is not a job.  Nor, for the purposes of this poll, is being a mom.

I understand where you are coming from with this poll.

But, I think it would also be interesting to know if a partner is a full-time mother or not. One of the sad side effects of the early women's lib movement in America was the way it put down motherhood. I think being a good full time mom is a legitimate job, has economic value, and makes a substantial economic contribution to the household. My partner is some combination of mother, teacher, doctor, yaya, maid, cook, translator, and trouble shooter. I may be the source of income, but she's the engine that makes the family go.

I am not sure that the assumption that being employed always adds value to the family is a correct one. 

• Like 3

sugbu777

My wife is no longer working. She worked and is now collecting her Social Security benefit.

• Like 1

Irenicus

I understand where you are coming from with this poll.   But, I think it would also be interesting to know if a partner is a full-time mother or not.

Understood.  That's going to be another poll

I am also interested in the number of expats that have a wife/gf with a kid(S), whether they work or not, and whether they have full time helpers.

Maybe I should have set this poll up like that.  Ah well, gives us something to do next week.

:)

sugbu777

Understood.  That's going to be another poll

I am also interested in the number of expats that have a wife/gf with a kid(S), whether they work or not, and whether they have full time helpers.

Maybe I should have set this poll up like that.  Ah well, gives us something to do next week.

:)

All of our kids are grown up and married. We have three grand-children. My wife worked in the U.S. mainland and Guam. I am still working, but only for about 2 more years.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

My wife is no longer working. She worked and is now collecting her Social Security benefit.

Good for your wife! My wife didn't get her 40 quarters in to qualify for Social Security, but then again she is only 50 yrs old and it's never too late to go back to work in the good ole U.S.of A. Only thing is, she doesn't want to leave the Philippines anymore! :unknw:  

maximian

Good for your wife! My wife didn't get her 40 quarters in to qualify for Social Security, but then again she is only 50 yrs old and it's never too late to go back to work in the good ole U.S.of A. Only thing is, she doesn't want to leave the Philippines anymore! :unknw:  

Does she pay SS in the Philippines? A lot of people seem scoff at the idea of a Philippine pension instead of actually looking into what is available.

At todays rates my wife will eldigble for 20,000php per month when she retires.

• Like 1

thebob

My GF runs her own resto.

• Like 2

mpt1947

My wife works full time despite my protests - she just needs to keep busy.

We own a water refill station and other water related business, Internet Cafe, she has a pay day loan business, sewing - seamstress and taylor work.  

She has a degree in Architecture, She designed her original home (She owns it outright and the land it is on) and she designed the addition and remodeling work - because she is such a stern taskmaster, I have encouraged her to 

look into starting a sub-contracting business - 

She really doesn't need my money - and our purpose in life is to make enough money to pay our expenses and make improvements - so far so good

• Like 2

CebuKano

My GF runs her own resto.

And an excellent restaurant it is. We spent many happy hours there and look forward to visiting again soon :)

On topic, my wife works at a large BPO here in Cebu. She doesn't have to but she's always been independent and wants to be productive which is one of her many qualities I love.

• Like 3

Canuck Joe

teaches english to annoying Koreans....and spells any word better than me

• Like 5

mpt1947

my wife gives me 100 a week to spend and I accept it

Dollars or Pesos?