Sign in to follow this  
comingtocebu

alona beach

Steve and Myrlita
[ also other banks ATMs but I cant remember the name - maybe RSBC ?

RCBC which means Rizal Commercial Banking Center.

Edited by Steve and Myrlita

comingtocebu

I have used a BPI  ATM   to withdraw money using my BDO  ATM card

ya but they charge you, might as well open up a BPI account before i go

so how much are restaurants here?  under 250p?

any restaurants 24 hours?

Enuff

24 hrs u better stay in cebu.
Alona is shut down by midnight. Beach restaurants maybe p1000 for 2. Local restaurants p100 to p300 beer extra. Lost horizon annex is my hotel choice. Happy hr all day p35 smb.

alona beach is a small beach town, many hotels & many visitors but not much of a party place. most come to snorkel, scuba, tour and relax.

although its not open late, 5am it starts to come alive.

Edited by bigmook

liquido

Been living here in tagbilaran for 3 years now and mostly avoid Alona beach area..Your typical tourist trap with mainly people from korea Japan europe..The restaurants are not real cheap because of the area..The food is much better quality and better tasting in Alona than any restaurant located in Tagbilaran..Try Trudis Place...However there is a  recently opened foreigner owned bar/restaurant place now in Tagbilaran that us locals frequent..Beers are cheap and the food is quite good from the 250-350 range.The other thing I not like about Alona are all the dive boats and other small craft parked in the water right in front of the swimming areas..Why they not park them at the end of the beach is beyond me..One poster stated Sagbayan peak and the Chocolate hills is a big waste of time and i agree..The food on the loboc river ride is substandard also so do not expect much...If you rent a motorbike in Panglao ask some of the locals where some of the hidden beaches are.Try Dumaluan beach but not on Sunday's....

Edited by liquido
  • Like 1

comingtocebu

how much traffic are on the roads? i hate the idea of driving in asia but i get the feeling this might be a place that isnt so congested so i could handle it?

and how much to rent a cheap scooter/bike for a month you think?

SkyMan
comingtocebu, on 16 Mar 2014 - 06:04 AM, said: just to be clear there is a BDO in tagbilaran where the malls are? or BDO atm? jeepneys go that way?

I would rent a scooter to get there and then get around but that's me.  If I were already there and wanted to get in to Tagb then again, I would rent a scooter but it will probably cost you more there.

liquido, on 16 Mar 2014 - 10:14 AM, said: However there is a recently opened foreigner owned bar/restaurant place now in Tagbilaran that us locals frequent.

Name please?

liquido, on 16 Mar 2014 - 10:14 AM, said: One poster stated Sagbayan peak and the Chocolate hills is a big waste of time and i agree..

But that's what a vacation is, right?  Sure, if you live there you're not going to do it but when you visit the first time you have to see it all.

comingtocebu, on 16 Mar 2014 - 1:52 PM, said: how much traffic are on the roads?

Never experienced traffic on Panglao. 

comingtocebu, on 16 Mar 2014 - 1:52 PM, said: and how much to rent a cheap scooter/bike for a month you think?

p3-400 is pretty common but for a month you can probably get better.

Regarding roads:  Is the road through Loon open yet?  Tubigon can be a better ferry option for some, particularly the ROROs.

Edited by SkyMan

Davaoeno
mainly people from korea Japan europe

is that a problem for you ??   To me its one of the best things about the place. 

Edited by Davaoeno

comingtocebu

wait did i just read 300 or 400 pesos to rent a scooter for a month?

and in alona are there any western food options in the 250ish range?

sounds pretty overpriced in that regard

goldote

how much traffic are on the roads? i hate the idea of driving in asia but i get the feeling this might be a place that isnt so congested so i could handle it?

and how much to rent a cheap scooter/bike for a month you think?

I hear you can rent a scooter near the Tagbilaran pier for 4-500/day.

I would stay on the center main road; some others are under construction.

Going into Panglao town, then going left and coming back to Alona is a friendlier ride.

comingtocebu

how much would it be to rent a scooter for the full month you think?

mexiwi

I was going to stay at Alona (at Lost Horizon) last year but the earthquake messed up my gf's school schedule so we had to cancel.

Have stayed at Danao Beach on Panglao before at Linaw Resort - we are probably going to get married there next year.

Alona we found is nice, I was going to rent a bike to get around but didn't get around to it.

goldote

how much would it be to rent a scooter for the full month you think?

About 12,000 but, of course, some guys do better.

A few places include them in the room fee. 

Enuff

alona beach isn't for everyone, maybe stay at a resort (lost horizon annex p1700 per night) for a couple days.

renting a place for a month then finding out they don't have your type of food or the prices are too high, then its too late.

Monsoon

I have used a BPI  ATM   to withdraw money using my BDO  ATM card

Indeed. The transport to Tagbil from Alona would likely exceed the minimal ATM fees for domestic cards! 

Davaoeno

Indeed. The transport to Tagbil from Alona would likely exceed the minimal ATM fees for domestic cards! 

maybe i was just lucky but I have never been charged a fee [ and i always check being as kuripit as I am ! lol ]

btw thats for domestic transactions only