Sign in to follow this  
ancienrocka

New guidelines for UK nationals wanting to get married in the Philippines

ancienrocka

It seems the UK Embassy is now following the lead of the US Government and only issuing Affidavits in Lieu of a Certificate of No Impediment for their citizens wishing to marry in the Philippines.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/marriage-in-the-philippines

UK New rules for Marriage in Philippines- March 2014.pdf

• Like 1

mrlondon

Can you kindly write that sentence again in plain English? Salamat.

JohnSurrey

It means the UK Consular/Embassy no longer issue a certificate of no impediment to marry instead they issue an affidavit or affirmation that you can marry; that carries no weight whatsoever but is enough to get you married in the Philippines...

• Like 2

lopburi3

It means that the UK now trusts there citizens to fill out and sign a form under oath honestly I suspect - as that is the normal US requirement for such letters.  IE Embassy does not attempt to make judgements on legality of paperwork they have not issued - only that the person has presented and signed such paperwork.

maccydee

I have just returned from the UK embassy today. If any of you download the template & fill it out please don't do as we did & actually get it notarized where it says notary public on the bottom as after spending 700 php getting it done & rushing about before our flight. They say they are going to remove it & no need to have it notarized as the signature will only confuse the local registrars. It's cheaper than the CNI which was 4,875 php & this cost me 4,125. It's an easy procedure & you're given the option of an affidavit or an affirmation so you can either swear on the bible or not. post-5712-0-64577900-1394618326_thumb.jpg

ancienrocka

Can you kindly write that sentence again in plain English? Salamat.

I think the English is plain and grammatically correct. Are you asking for me to further explain the subject matter?

Davaoeno

I think the English is plain and grammatically correct. Are you asking for me to further explain the subject matter?

I think you confused him by capitalizing Lieu !! 

ancienrocka

Or maybe by spelling it correctly!