Age of consent - Be very very careful!

Balay: Not only Cebuano though, most Philippine languages have alot of Spanish in them. The most interesting thing I have come across is the use of the word "lechon." Lechon means pig, but in Philippine vernacular of course it means "roasted."

In Spanish a "roasted pig" would be "lechon asado." In Bisaya though a roasted pig is "lechon baboi." Roasted chicken is of course "lechon manok," and so on. They took one word and gave it a whole different association. Interesting to me.

Scianna:It was simply an anecdote, and a good one I think on the issues being discussed. As for me, yeah I COULD have ended up in prison EXCEPT that our marriage was legal in Israel and based on IHL the Philippines would have never have been able to prosecute the case, nor would it have chosen to given my wife's family and its connections. On other hand, what the American man did was totally legal but morally corrupt to the max.

The minimum age of 18 is great because of the dynamic in the Philippines, younger woman coming onto older men for materiel gain, etc. However, people do not enter puberty at age 18, and all the more so when in the Philippines most people finish their high school education at age 16 (as opposed to the West where it is 18).

That is an issue that Pinoy need to deal with on their own terms and is none of my concern. For me to have waited until my wife turned 18 though would have been ridiculous since she had finished her primary education and all she could think about was marriage. It was all the family wanted and I loved her (not that it is past tense but anyway). So, should I have waited 2 years? Should I have waited 2 years while we were living in Israel? To do so would be ridiculous.I might have thought differently though if were just going to be living in the Philippines the entire time.

Had I died (I was an Infantry/Paratrooper officer) my wife would have gotten absolutely no benefits had I not been legally married to her. There are worldly concerns as well as other concerns and all had to be wieghed. It would have also made it that much more difficult to adjust her legal status in Israel. It is easy for Filipinos to get to Israel but to remain legal is another issue.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poby

• Lee

• Tatoosh

• Bob Ward

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone makes "mistakes". Lusting after and seducing a minor old enough to be your great grand daughter, IMHO, is not a mistake. I believe they call it "sex tourism".

i wouldn't have the energy to keep up with a 17 year old

Yes an interesting paradox. Even though you married her and had no intent to take advantage of her. In some parts of the world you really would be arrested while the true criminal user would just walk

tom_shor

Yes an interesting paradox. Even though you married her and had no intent to take advantage of her. In some parts of the world you really would be arrested while the true criminal user would just walk away. Doesn't seem right does it. <_<

• Like 1
Yes an interesting paradox. Even though you married her and had no intent to take advantage of her. In some parts of the world you really would be arrested while the true criminal user would just walk away. Doesn't seem right does it. :D

What's right and what's legal rarely seem to coincide <_<

KeithAngel

In the UK you can marry at 16 with parental consent except in Scotland where no consent is required

Good thing Joeseph wasn't arrested or he could have never taken Mary to Bethlehem. Come to think about it Joseph kinda extended himself there where he could hv easily stayed out of it and let Mary take all the heat (and stone's) Im not a Hebrew scholar but I'm guessing back in the day, Mary stood the most to lose. (Hey it is the Christmas season..in case you've missed it.)

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm,

Many of u apparently feel a 18 YO filippina involved with a 63 YO is wrong! Morally and ethicly. What about a 23 YO filipina and a 66 YO? (My wife and me! )

USMC-Retired
Hmmmm,

Many of u apparently feel a 18 YO filippina involved with a 63 YO is wrong! Morally and ethicly. What about a 23 YO filipina and a 66 YO? (My wife and me! )

Do we really need to relive this. What others feel and think should matter not.

My opinion a relationship is a mutually beneficial meeting of two people. No matter how you slice marriage, love or any of the above.

This topic is old. Because so many have age differences here on this forum. I do know one thing she is not after you for your looks or body at 66. Because I am not chasing 66 year old women around for their looks or body. Sorry wrinkles, sags and grey haired women do not do it for me. There may be a few that dig it however I promise that is not the majority. So please lets not kid ourselves here. Please note I did not say she could not truly love and care for you. That is not what this is to mean. It is a meaning of how this relationship started not ended.

Edited by USMC-Retired
tom_shor

As long as both are happy in the relationship (for whatever reason) and neither is under the legal age it is really on one elses business. Everyone has their own opinions about the propriety of spring fall romances so follow your own conscence and let everyone else follow theirs. :D

thebob
If I'm interpreting this correctly, it sounds like the spousal rape laws imported from the west, and initiated by American feminists. So if you marry a woman and she claims your conjugal sex was not consensual, how are you going to prove otherwise?

Call me cynical, but it seems a good reason not to get married in the Phils, which I had intended to not do anyway.

You claim that she inserted an object in your anus, so she is guilty of rape too!