About that Australian Accused of Rape?

ellenbrook2001

well if not guilty so we left him alone in the shit then grrrr i never go to visit  in jail so liked to go with someone just to boost the moral of the guy then give me some foods or what  ever he need  unfortunately at this stage no much we can do  cause no one know yet exactly what happen.

• Like 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Gus

• rbm

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was able to visit this guy in Torledo prison.   Not able to add a lot to the excellent post above except update a little.   We did not bring anything as thought he may well be out at thi

strange you should post this comment ..  I went to visit him today .. i think my 4th visit since he was incarcerated in January, He tells me he had a hearing on June 4th , in Toledo Court . He said

Well done Gus and that's welcome news, let's hope his health condition is not to serious.   As for people that post idiotic comments about FEELING GOOD they should get off their butts and go thro

ozboy

OK ive passed on what info I have to our local TV current affairs network.....maybe he does not want this out in the open but im sure he'd rather that than rot in jail...

• Like 3
mpt1947

I have reason to be at court hearings over the last 4 years and can tell you that the Filipino Justice System is very interesting.

When I was observing a hearing for a very close friend of mine, the prosecutor in presenting a different case admitted to the Judge that the Prosecuting Department had made a grave error.

About 6 years prior a man had been arrested for petty theft.  He had been in jail about 3 years when the prosecution offered him a deal - since the normal sentence for his crime was 6 years, he was offered time served plus 6 months, if he would plead guilty.  The prisoner agreed to that.  But he didn't get out until some  3 plus years later. - he served the entire 6 year sentence plus 6 months.  Apparently no one told the Public Defender about the deal.  Since he had made a deal, the jailers didn't bring him to court, so no one noticed he was still in jail.  Apparently a new prosecutor has been assigned and she noticed that the guy was still in jail after serving his entire time plus 6 months - what got me was everyone was laughing about it.  The cuffs were taken off him, but he still had to be taken back to the Jail to be processed out.

One good thing when it comes to the Aussie - he stands out in a crowd

• Like 3
oscarpears

For anyone going to cover the trial, could you perhaps get a temporary acreditation from an Australian news agency / paper etc?

That would give a good reason to be there, and one that doesnt involve you as a possible accomplice of the accused.

His local (to him in Oz) paper might be happy to just wrote a letter, in return for a one page report of the trial.

I imagine Alan that the Western media would be much more suspicious of someone requesting "temporary accreditation" because they did not want to be seen as an accomplice of the accused than the local Philippine authorities who have a good grounding in what Christianity often entails and in my experience at least, tend to find idealism a very easily understood concept.

If you are held in good standing by your community and have no blots on your copy-book you should just go there to offer your support without fear,  

Next time I visit Cebu, I shall have no compunction likewise in visiting prisoners. 

• Like 1
smokey

Let me say as a matter of FACT when my son was on trial for pot his picture was taken and posted in the freeman and at the start of the trial the new people were There and the judge would not let them take a picture of us sitting in the courtroom but if not MY picture would of been in the freeman ... foreigners are news.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ozboy

Ive written to the local current affair show but no response yet....I might try some others maybe the Ethnic TV station....I asked Gus if he has given where his family lives or phone number and I will try this end....cannot imagine what this guy is going thru...

POTATOMAN

poor fecker, almost makes you want him to be guilty, no innocent guy should have to put up with that

• Like 2
contraman

What the hell?

Have you ever seen a primate mad.?

I dont care about the innocent or guilty part.

No human should be treated this way.

• Like 6
Davaoeno

What the hell?

Have you ever seen a primate mad.?

I dont care about the innocent or guilty part.

he is probably being treated in much the same way as the rest of the prisoners in there    .  ie they should all be treated better 

• Like 4
Skywalker

Well, at least he isn't being judged and sentenced to death for wearing womens clothing.  A so called Christian response.

All the prisons in the region are like this.  They don't want to spend good money on bad people I guess.  A useful reminder that the veneer of civilization here is very thin indeed.  The rules we are used to are not applicable.  Whilst I feel sorry for the guy, without full knowledge of his predicament I have no intention of getting involved.

Think about this, you don't know me, I don't know you.  If I was banged up in prison for allegedly sodomizing XXXXXXXXXX ladyboys, would you visit me, bring canned food, money and hope?

Would you visit a local for the same reason?  The fact that he is a foreigner shouldn't be an issue should it?

Edited by Paul
Removed age reference. I think this guy has enough troubles already, without anyone here adding to the mix.
  • Like 4
Mikala

Think about this, you don't know me, I don't know you. If I was banged up in prison for allegedly sodomizing 12 year old ladyboys, would you visit me, bring canned food, money and hope? Would you visit a local for the same reason? The fact that he is a foreigner shouldn't be an issue should it?

Once I'm there full-time, I do hope to have time to visit prisons to bring food (not cigarettes). Sure as heck I don't want to talk about religion, but I have this background where I enjoy helping others. Doubtful I could bring "hope" to you Skywalker. They wouldn't allow your Ferrari in the prison yard...

• Like 5
jtmwatchbiz

Doubtful I could bring "hope" to you Skywalker. They wouldn't allow your Ferrari in the prison yard...

if he ever winds up in the pokey the only place that ferrari is going is my driveway. we will of course use one of his SUV's to deliver home cooked meals to him tho. that's the kinda guy i am.

• Like 2
ozboy

I just phoned and spoke to a guy from DFAT that helps with Aussies in emergency situations abroad....Do we know the guy's name?

Anyway he wants me to email the dept with copy of his condition etc etc....he said if the embassy in Manila hasn't acted they will get in touch with them...

This is their email: [email protected]

• Like 1
Alan S

Lets keep to the subject of the guy in prison and not go into hypothetical situations.

• Like 4