About that Australian Accused of Rape?

Bill H

Is anyone here near enough and have time enough to saunter over to the jail and have a chat with the man?  Perhaps post his side of the story, etc.?  I'm sure many here would like to hear what he has to say.  I'd do it myself, but I'm very far from there.

• Like 4
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Gus

• rbm

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was able to visit this guy in Torledo prison.   Not able to add a lot to the excellent post above except update a little.   We did not bring anything as thought he may well be out at thi

strange you should post this comment ..  I went to visit him today .. i think my 4th visit since he was incarcerated in January, He tells me he had a hearing on June 4th , in Toledo Court . He said

Well done Gus and that's welcome news, let's hope his health condition is not to serious.   As for people that post idiotic comments about FEELING GOOD they should get off their butts and go thro

I dont live there anymore, but plan to pass thru on Tuesday, what i will do is drop into Caesars for a coffee and try to get a local update from the expat guys .. If no one has visited him, i may stay overnite, and give it a go.. i too have been wondering about this. Will report back, if no one else gets there before me

• Like 5

Apologies ! Due to a bit of a change in schedules ..flashed thru Toledo, without my promised followup ... wait a while sir !

• 2 weeks later...
contraman

Anyone have an update on this ?

Going to Toledo Sunday, will try to get some info this time.

Oddly enough I recently ran into some Toledo HS teachers at Ayala, and they hadnt even heard about it !

Bill H

Did you make it to Toledo yet Gus?

Are there any LINC members here in Toledo who can check on this guy?

G,day Bill ..

yes I did make it . Bit of a FAIL i,m afraid as far as this mission was concerned , however, what a I can report .

Nobody that I know, knew him at all .. I spoke to an Aussie that did try to visit him, firstly at the Police Station lockup in town, but he had been transfered to the Jail out of town, and when he went there, was unable to see him, for some adminstrative reason. Not sure .I did not have the time myself, tied up with smoke test, LTO , plus bank business, then back to the city this afternoon. ?

There is a story about that is as far as I can tell, only rumour and speculation and in no way substantiated, however, I will repeat it, as it could be partly factual... they say ..that the girls mother was, or perhaps had been the gf of the guy, and that is why he was paying for her schooling...must repeat ..I do not know this as a fact.

Bill H

Thanks Gus, any chance you will try to make contact with him again?

Jeepney

Sorry to intrude, but sometimes one has to go out (maybe a lot) of his way to help/assist someone else,

this forum, along with others, are sometimes a good way to get info/assistance,

but another, and the best way, is to just go, and do it yourself.

No bad intentions meant by this.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I went to visit this guy on Friday, at Toledo Prison ... visiting hours 1pm to 5pm , doesnt appear to be any dress code, I was wearing shorts and t-shirt .. i was allowed to take him food, toiletries, clothes and cash NO CIGARETTES ..though I was informed the guards sell them inside for 5p A stick ! I took him fruit, ( mangos, apples and bananas ) and gave him 200p when I left, which he said could last him up to 2 weeks.

He is in a cell with 20 guys, 1 toilet, in the cell. Each day gets 3 cups of rice ..breakfast, lunch and dinner. With lunch and dinner gets a small cup of fish flavoured water they call soup.

Bear in mind, I dont know this fellow ..never met him,or know anyone who does.

Anyway, he is a slightly built guy, whichis probably an advantage where he is , and he told me I was his first visitor in the time he hac been there , 48 days he said. Apparently the ladies from the Toledo Markets ( 1 of which is his landlady of the house he has been renting ) send him some fruit also. He appears to be in quite good health considering, although he is wearing a neck brace.

In regards to his case, he, has been charged with 3 charges ..abuse of a minor, attempted rape, and rape .

In short ..he tells me, it ws an attempt to extort money from him, by the girl, the mother, and the grandmother, and that what he is accused of did not happen...unfotunately , he has the opinion that he will get a fair hearing in court, and is counting on numerous

mistakes in her statement and a medical certificate that does not conclude that she had been raped to get him off. I did explain that he should not be too optomistic ..

He tells me he can be released if he posts surety bond of 180,000 peso,s and tells me his brother in Oz is arranging the funds.

Edited by Gus
  • Like 9

To continue .. sorry doing this on my tablet , and struggling with it a bit :(

So basically, I dont know if the guy is innocent, guilty or somewhere inbetween , but I will go again in a week or 2 , when im going that way ..I have encouraged some local guys to drop out to see him, and hopefully they will.

I just hope someone would do the same for me if I ended up in a sticky situation .. not that i plan to !

• Like 9
Headshot

They should put this guy's story on the new National Geographic channel series, "The Science of Stupid."

SkyMan

He tells me he can be released if he posts surety bond of 180,000 peso,s and tells me his brother in Oz is arranging the funds.
Whether guilty or not.  He might be able to gift his way out for less.

I did explain that he should not be too optomistic ..
Unfortunately, good advice.
Bill H

Thank you Gus, you are truly a fine gentleman.

It's good some locals are helping him and he's in ok shape and he has family lending a hand as well.  Not everyone has that here.

PM me your contact info and I will send you some peso's for the cause and your trouble.

Thanks again.

Bill

• Like 3
Ozbrum

Thanks Gus

Regardless of where this is going, he is innocent until proven otherwise....

Seems so sad he has spent that amount of time without an Aussie visitor or any embassy representation ?

Might see if I can get over there to see the guy too.

• Like 2