Sign in to follow this  
comingtocebu

Teach Me About Bacolod

Jeepney

gonna check it out this weekend, any decent hotels in the 1k a night range?  what is a good area to stay in? i basically know nothing about the city

hotels with quality (not fast, but reliable) internet would be a big plus

i also usually like to be based near to SM cuz i eat most of my meals there

any month to month rentals in the city? be it hotels or apartments?

any other tips i should know? thanks

You have gone so quiet (very unlike you in the prior period) that must mean you have not succeeded in finding that hotel?

POTATOMAN

HE'S gone to manila lol

John B

Overland can be nice.   Lots of great scenery.   Bus to Toledo, ferry to San Carlos.    Stay the night.   Bus to Bacolod.   Never did the bus my self, but have done that route on my motorcycle a number of times.

• Like 2

comingtocebu

lol yes im in manila, my experience in cebu drove me a bit crazy so i needed to come back to what i know and regain my limited sanity before venturing out again

still want to try bacolod and bohol soon and dont worry ill be asking questions when i do :)

• Like 1

Jeepney

lol yes im in manila, my experience in cebu drove me a bit crazy so i needed to come back to what i know and regain my limited sanity before venturing out again

still want to try bacolod and bohol soon and dont worry ill be asking questions when i do :)

Sure, for a while I was wondering what plane you where on.....another mistery...

comingtocebu

ayt so im headed to bacolod soon any and all tips are welcome, restaurants, hotels (though i plan to start at circle inn) places to hang out, beaches........ any and all tips please!!

and what about finding a place to rent for a month, will the be possible there without committing long term?

bkkmarlowe

anyone have an idea on total travel time from cebu city to bacolod taking the bus to toledo, boat to san carlos, and bus to bacolod?

You are looking at at at least seven hours from CC to BAC, if the boat from Toledo departs on time. you can park your motor cyle or car down below. But bring your own Tanduay, coz the canteen service is VERY limited. If you really bored on the ship, go up to the bridge and chat with the equally bored skipper and staff maning the wheel and ship controls. hehe..

comingtocebu

i like to hang out at the malls is there an area that has multiple big malls close together?

Jeepney

i like to hang out at the malls is there an area that has multiple big malls close together?

He is back, lol. 

Big malls? Together?? I would't think so in Bacolod.

comingtocebu

does paul have a living in bacolod forum anywhere?

does paul have a living in bacolod forum anywhere?

bkkmarlowe

i like to hang out at the malls

SM is the main mall there downtown near Plaza park. There is also Robinsons, an eight pesos jeepney ride from town. Or white meter taxis, same as CC.

Both of these malls have had some very nice extensions and additional shopping area opened last year. There are also a few other smaller malls in the city, but nothing to write home about.

comingtocebu

SM is the main mall there downtown near Plaza park. There is also Robinsons, an eight pesos jeepney ride from town. Or white meter taxis, same as CC.

Both of these malls have had some very nice extensions and additional shopping area opened last year. There are also a few other smaller malls in the city, but nothing to write home about.

thank you, any tips on finding an apartment in that area? preferably one that does month to month?

i know its a long shot but cant hurt to ask :)

comingtocebu

can you do a visa extension in bacolod city?

Steve and Myrlita

can you do a visa extension in Bacolod City?

Assuming it is the standard 9A Tourist Visa the yes you definitely can. Are you doing the initial 30-59 day or 2 months?

Edited by Steve and Myrlita

bkkmarlowe

I just heard today that the Ceres bus liner company no longer operate their Bacolod to Cebu route (via San Carlos ship) because of problems renewing their franchise. A bad time to stop this important inter-city service at the start of Holy Week.

Can anyone confirm that this is true?  I have NOT seen anything in the newspapers about it.