SRRV Now Available To U.S. Military Members 50 and over

NOSOCALPINOY
Here's another option instead of the 13a permanent resident visa for foreigners!   

For retired and or non-retired U.S. military members age 50 and over! 

One may qualify for the SRRV with only a $1,500 deposit instead of the regular $10,000.

What are the advantages of a Courtesy SRRV?

· Option to Reside Permanently in The Philippines;

· Multiple Entry Privileges;

· Exemptions from:

- - Bureau of Immigration ACR I-Card

- - Annual Alien Registration

- - Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC)

- - Re-Entry Permit (RP)

- - Special Return Certificate (SRC) - Customs Duties and Taxes with respect  to the importation of household goods and personal effects up to USD $7,000;

- - Taxes on pension and annuities; and,

- - Travel tax, if stay in the Philippines is less than one year from the last entry date.

What are the eligibility requirements for a Courtesy SRRV for veterans?

The requirements for U.S. applicants are:

- - U.S. military veteran at least 50 years old with DD-214;

- - Pension or annuity of at least USD $1,000 per month;

- - Deposit of USD $1500;

- - One time application fee of USD $1400;

- - U.S. Police Clearance;

- - NBI Clearance;

- - Medical Clearance.

Contact these PRA representatives for more details:

The PRA Rep. for Clark / Subic is:

MR. CARLO PONTI T. ZIALCITA

Officer-in-Charge, Clark-Subic Satellite Office

Mobile No.: 09184480102    09175406299

Ms. NOEHL D. BAUTISTA

Marketing Manager

Philippine Retirement Authority

29F Citibank Tower

8741 Paseo de Roxas

Makati City

Mobile NO. 09178553811

Tel No. 02-8481412

Ronin

I'm not sure that information is accurate.

I remember reading somewhere that former military could apply with those benefits, if they served as a trainer for the Philippine Government.

Here's what the requirements are for the Courtesy Via from the PRA site:

-----------------

1. 35 Years Old and above for Former Filipino citizens = US$1,500.00
  2. 50 Years Old and above for Ambassadors / Retired Diplomats who served in the Philippines = US$1,500.00

-----------------

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Also the page you quoted is suspect because of the deposit requirements:

-----------------

B. Age/Deposit Requirements

All foreign nationals below 50 and at least 35 years of age are required to deposit the amount of US75,000.00 dollars with any PRA short-listed bank.

-----------------

The requirement is now 20k or 50k depending on the SRRV package you choose.  The deposit can be an investment (long term house lease, condo, business etc if you are over 50 and invest 50k.  If you want to let your money stagnate at .25 % interest you can deposit 20k.

See: http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

I'm in the process of getting a SRRV and I'll be visiting their office next week in Cebu, I'll confirm then.

Edit: those deposit amounts are for someone without a pension....

Edited by Ronin
NOSOCALPINOY

The PRA website is as inaccurate as it can get and not always up to date.

This article is just as current as it can get and there are other articles on it, but can't find them all yet, but In my OP, I gave the specific requirements, which did not come from the pra.gov website!   

As to what I've read, the PRA representatives have other circulars no one has read on any website, but from them directly via email correspondence and via email attachments from them personally!

I also know of a member from another forum who will be having a meeting with one of the PRA representative and will fill us all in what the facts and requirements are! All their articles on this subject on the internet has been pretty vague and unclear! Just waiting for further clarification and or confirmation as to what the real scoop is!    

http://www.philippine-embassy.at/index.php/the-philippines/philippine-tourism/special-resident-retirees-visa-srrv.html

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
Ronin

Two weeks ago I was in the Cebu pra office.

They gave me a nice brochure that had the requirements the same as on their site.

I'm guessing the embassy site is out of date.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
I'm not sure that information is accurate.  

Well, one thing has happened with your stay in the Philippines, you are a becoming the stereotypical Kano here always nay saying everything. 

Why don't you call Mr. Bautista? 

At the same time, do not hold your breath. Lot of things written here that are not factual. You can bring print outs and stand in line and claim "but it says here, ba!?!" and it won't happen. 

Don't complicate things here. Residency is two trips to an office and one check. A few factors depend on who you make the check out to, but there's no problem getting residency here. 

Mabuhay.

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

The Embassy site does not say what the OP says that it says  .  The site does not say that retired US Military need only put down a $1500 deposit !!!!

What it does say however is "   the deposit amount of US50,000.00 shall be required from an applicant who is at least 35 years of age and belongs to any of the following:

1. Retired military personnel of governments recognized by the Philippines; or

However, it does say that :  "  Former Filipinos who are now holders of foreign passports are required to deposit US 1,500.00 dollars;" 

So according to the site former filipinos who are retired  military from recognized other countries  would only have to put a $1500 deposit     [ but then so would former Filipinos who are not retired military !]

I was in contact with the PRA in Manila on Friday, since I am helping a member here  get his SRRV  [ I am a registered PRA Marketer ]  . I will be talking to Manila PRA today or tomorrow and will confirm this .

Edited by Davaoeno
Davaoeno

you are a becoming the stereotypical Kano here always nay saying everything. 

actually what he is doing is to correct erroneous information which a member has posted .

• Like 2
Davaoeno

If you want accurate info re the SRRV program go to the PRA website [ and not to the link provided which is to the Austrian Embassy !! lol

The current requirements for a COURTESY VISA  are :

1. 35 Years Old and above for Former Filipino citizens = US$1,500.00
  2. 50 Years Old and above for Ambassadors / Retired Diplomats who served in the Philippines = US$1,500.00

NOTE: Additional Visa deposit - US$15,000.00 per dependent in excess of two (2) except for Former Filipinos.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

OK, here's another link in Manila, which says about the same points are mentioned here too and it's not from Austria, Croatia or Slovakia!

Erroneous information my arse! All you Nay Sayers on here are always shooting the messengers from every which way! Are we going to have another pissing contest on here due to annoying sarcasms, naughty insults and or "in your windows"?

http://www.slideshare.net/mbrmls/philippine-retirement-authortiy-srrv

Philippine Retirement Authortiy - SRRV

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

OK, here's another link in Manila, which says about the same points are mentioned here too and it's not from Austria, Croatia or Slovakia!

Erroneous information my arse! All you Nay Sayers on here are always shooting the messenger! 

http://www.slideshare.net/mbrmls/philippine-retirement-authortiy-srrv

Philippine Retirement Authortiy - SRRV

You are right ! It is an advertisement from a PRA Marketer 

Davaoeno

I just got this info right now :

SRRV Courtesy was expanded to include US military retirees.  Need $1500 deposit, $1400 app fee, $360 annual fee, authenticated DD-214 and proof of $1000 monthly pension coming into PI, police clearance from home country.  

apparently this was verified with the Cebu PRA office 2 days ago .

Nangulo

I had the exact same experience while I was in Cebu City this last Thursday, 27 Feb 2014.  I spoke with my agent, Mayen, the branch manager at Bank Of Commerce, Fuente.  She called the PRA agent in Cebu who informed Mayen that the Courtesy visa had been extended to include US Military retirees 50 years and over.  Mayen would be happy to talk or email anybody interested.  PM me for contact info.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Do you still have to have your pension sent to a Philippines bank?

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

I just got this info right now :

SRRV Courtesy was expanded to include US military retirees.  Need $1500 deposit, $1400 app fee, $360 annual fee, authenticated DD-214 and proof of $1000 monthly pension coming into PI, police clearance from home country.  

apparently this was verified with the Cebu PRA office 2 days ago .

So, wasn't your confirmation already in my OP, except for the annual fee? I just don't get my information from thin air!

I only convey of what may be of interest to those on this forum! So, don't shoot the messenger! I didn't join this forum to get into any pissing contest or personal confrontations with any of the members on here! I'm here to share my life experiences and provide information that may help others on here!   

I got my information directly from the PRA in Subic via email attachment of the expanded version of the SRRV Program!

I too am interested as to what develops here, because I'm retired USAFR, 12 yrs active duty and 18 yrs Civil Service/USAFR combined and I have been stationed at Clark AB between 1968 to 1972 when I was active duty and numerous TDYs there when I was in a USAF Reserves unit in Northern California.    

New SRRV - Added Details.pdf

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
Davaoeno

So, wasn't your confirmation already in my OP, except for the the annual fee

only some, and  relying on  partial information is always a  dangerous thing 

• Like 1