Sign in to follow this  
Paul

160 / 100 blood pressure the other day

dutchben

My bp is always oke 80/120 i am 170 height and weight 70kg. and i am 67 years old

But last mont i collapse before enter ayala and there found out that my heartbeat is not oke

Have operation in cebu doctors for pacemaker, cost me all in all 400.000php

Still not oke, feel weak after week in hospital and lost 9kg.

Have to built up my life again slowy by slowy

rfm010

digital monitors are not always particulary accurate.  you should check yours for consistency.  try 3 or 4 readings during the same sit-down and see if they are consistent.  if you know you are going to be back in that doctors office take your monitor with you and compare it with the sphygmomanometer device.

you might also try taking readings from both arms according to the following:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/expert-answers/blood-pressure/faq-20058230

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/news/20120130/should-blood-pressure-be-taken-both-arms

Jan. 30,  2012 -- Differences in blood pressure readings taken from the left and right arms may be a sign of heart and blood vessel disease and death risk, according to a new review of recent research.

Researchers found that a difference of 15 points or more in the readings between the left and right arms raised the risk of peripheral vascular disease, a narrowing or blockage of the arteries, by two-and-a-half times.

That same 15 point-difference in systolic readings (the top number in a blood pressure reading) also increased the risk of cerebrovascular disease by 60%. Cerebrovascular disease is associated with thinking problems, such as dementia, and an increased risk of stroke.

Researchers say the results suggest that doctors should routinely compare blood pressure readings from both arms to prevent unnecessary deaths.

batman2525

My Dr told me to take my BP 3 times and each time wait about 3 minutes before re-taking,take your readings write them down and average them out.

And keep of the Salt.

Paul

My bp is always oke 80/120 i am 170 height and weight 70kg. and i am 67 years old

But last mont i collapse before enter ayala and there found out that my heartbeat is not oke

Have operation in cebu doctors for pacemaker, cost me all in all 400.000php

Still not oke, feel weak after week in hospital and lost 9kg.

Have to built up my life again slowy by slowy

No smoking? No drinking? 

Ben, we know each other for a long time now. I want to continue to know you, sir. I don't want anything to happen to you. 

dutchben

Thank you Paul and i have no plans to quit yet hehe

I am not drinking only when party and never more than 5 bier

Smoke i reduce to 10 cig a day, but the picture off my longs say there are clean.

Before my 60 birthday i live very healty and have to train every month when working as policeman in netherland

After my retirement direct comming here in the phil and start to try drinking, but i am not good in it.

Afraid to get drunk ( see to many trouble from drunk people) and maby you have to build it up but i am not that kind off guy.

So not only youre bp is importend but also youre heartbeat, take care off that to.

Ask when you have checkup for ecg (electric cardio gram) maby it will save you life.

• Like 3

JSL-USMC

In bed the other night my heart was pounding...I could feel it in my ears. I took a reading and my BP was 123/68 yet my heart rate was 110. I don't understand what little I know about this stuff but, it seems to me that the faster a pump works the more pressure. I sat and did deep breathing exercise for ten min and the rate droped to 82. which still seems to be too fast. BP remained about the same.

spydoo
batman2525, on 01 Mar 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:

And keep of the Salt.

Ask your Doctor for references to the studies that have shown that.

Studies have shown moderate/normal salt intake makes little difference (less than 1 mm/Hg) to blood pressure while other studies show low salt diets to be more harmful than high salt diets to longevity. (eg The Lancet March 14, 1998; 351 pp 781-785)

Don't believe health organisations. They seem to promote myths without scientific evidence. I know that seems unbelievable, but ... read this: http://www.westonaprice.org/vitamins-and-minerals/salt-and-our-health.

• Like 1

dutchben

Youre heartrate have to between 60 and 100

Mine are sometimes 40 what make me dizzy and on the end make me collapse.

There are sporters with differend heart rate but that not count for normal people.

lopburi3

Actually at rest it can be lower than 60 but cardiologist trying to keep mine 50 or above - when below it can cause dizzy issues and not good - had to reduce a medication to keep it out of the 40's

First, by the time I was seen by a nurse to check my blood pressure, I had been waiting for about fifteen minutes. You can't really think they get in a rush in SE Asia, right? :D

If the nurse looked like your avatar and you had been looking that way for 15 minutes can understand an increase in pressure however.

photo-thumb-1.jpg?_r=1393555434

• Like 1

cebulover2000

I went from 195 to 180 pounds and my BP dropped from 160/120 to 140/100 without medication, with medication it is now 115/78 on average. I don't like the BP medication which is 1 x Mavik 2 mg and 1 x Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg once/day since it is does not only lower my BP but also has effects in an area I don't like. Any recommendations?

Paul

I went from 195 to 180 pounds and my BP dropped from 160/120 to 140/100 without medication, with medication it is now 115/78 on average. I don't like the BP medication which is 1 x Mavik 2 mg and 1 x Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg once/day since it is does not only lower my BP but also has effects in an area I don't like. Any recommendations?

I know not to try Cardiosel 50mg, if you take two tablets. One tablet, though, is okay.

Steve and Myrlita

I use Metoprolol 50mg x2 a day. My BP is average of 135/90. It has been 160/110 without it.

Jim Sibbick

Thats probably rare Jim.Your Blood Pressure is good most likely because you are very active....

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. 

I have a fractured bone in my foot which is reducing exercise for me at the moment but with fully functioning feet. I walk an absolute minimum of 30 minutes per day. Most days, it is one hour walking. And some days, up to 4 hours walking.

Paul (ADMIN) on the other hand once told me that the only walking he wanted to do was to the motorbike. Is that still true Paul?

Paul

Paul (ADMIN) on the other hand once told me that the only walking he wanted to do was to the motorbike. Is that still true Paul?

LOL. I almost spilt my drink when I read this, Jim. Excellent memory. I still say the same thing today. However, it isn't nearly as true nowadays. I have to walk to get my weigh down, and hopefully, stop taking these meds. I changed my diet some time ago, and have lost a fair amount of weight since doing so. Apparently, not enough to lower my blood pressure, though.