Sign in to follow this  
ed villas

american embassy road show @moa-pasay 1-2 march

ed villas

for those who live in the NCR area or who live in cebu

and may visit the NCR/manila area the american embassy is sponsoring a "road"show this 1-2march

at the MOA(mall of asia).

below is link for this

(again this event is NOT in cebu)

MANILA – The US Embassy in Manila is promising a one-stop shop of information and entertainment during a two-day roadshow in Pasay City.

"We want to bring the embassy to the people. We go to malls all around the Philippines and we bring our embassy officials and we have great performances and presentations on all kinds of programs and services that we offer and everything is for free,"

said Elizabeth Meza, Assistant Cultural Affairs Officer of the embassy.

Dubbed as "America in 3D: A Roadshow in Diplomacy, Development, and Defense", the event will happen on March 1 and 2 at the Mall of Asia.

"It's our signature outreach. We take the embassy on the road. We recognize that it kind of look like a fortress behind this big wall, and most people may associate the embassy maybe once or every 10 years when they apply for a visa. And we are so much more than that," said Meza.

The embassy will set up booths and a main stage and will play host to a variety of performances featuring local artists like Jed Madela, Luke Mijares,

Razorback and the Flippin SOUL Stompers among others.

"On top of that, we have great interactive presentations about visas

and how to study in the United States, and other programs of interests.

We'll have interaction points where embassy officials will be on hand to just talk to people and have conversations," Meza said.

They will also have activities for children,

a car show, a cooking demo,

and Chalk Art Festival.

They will also introduce something new to the roadshow like the green screen photo booth.

"I think what's interesting is our green screen photobooth so groups could come and take a picture in front of a green screen

and then we'll put it on our Facebook page within behind an iconic US landmark," she said.

Another extra something for the event is "Uncle Sam" and "Lady Liberty" wandering around the mall as part of the embassy's Instagram program.

Meza said part of the roadshow is to also highlight the current city hosting the event.

"We try and improve and we also try and highlight the city that we're in. Because we're in Pasay City, this time in Mall of Asia, we've invited some local performance from the city so people will kind of have the chance to experience a little bit of what the Philippines has to offer and what the local city has to offer," she said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/02/20/14/us-embassy-road-show-moa-kicks-mar-1

Monsoon

What a horrible waste of my tax dollars. 

Paul

... all kinds of programs and services that we offer and everything is for free," said Elizabeth Meza, Assistant Cultural Affairs Officer of the embassy.

Apparently, we need to do away with Ms. Meza's job position. She hasn't sorted out that it is not FREE. It is at the cost of the American taxpayer, as is her salary.

• Like 1

ed villas

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/99781/us-embassy-trumpets-programs-easy-visa-processing-americana-in-mall-tour

MANILA, Philippines—The United States Embassy in Manila on Saturday launched a multimedia event to celebrate Philippine-US ties and showcase the embassy’s programs and services, including “friendly” tourist visa processing.

Dubbed “America in 3D: A Road Show in Diplomacy, Development and Defense,” the weekend-long multimedia, entertainment and education activity was launched at SM Mall of Asia, highlighting the favorite activities of Filipinos and Americans such as shopping, food and music.

Ambassador Philip Goldberg described Philippine-US ties as “very strong and very rich,” pointing to the four million Americans of Filipino descent living in the US and the 350,000 US nationals living in the Philippines.

“This [event] shows our deep commitment to each other, which is people-to-people. We have our people here to help explain what the embassy does and help demystify some our services,” the ambassador told reporters in an interview.

Another presentation also showed the step-by-step process of applying for a tourist visa.

Goldberg dispelled perceptions that Filipinos have difficulty obtaining tourist visas to visit the United States. He admitted that the US Embassy compound in Manila may look intimidating with its high walls and strict security but, in reality, the procedure for visa application is “friendly.”

“The vast majority of people who apply are approved for visas. [We have] a standard and easy process: You make an appointment, you go in, you have an interview. As long as you are a stable resident of the Philippines, you’re going to get your visa and enjoy the United States,” he said.

According to the presentation, the embassy processes around 1,000 applications every day and 80 percent of the applications are granted.

At the presentation site, US embassy staff and employees of the US Peace Corps, US Agency for International Development, Millennium Challenge Corp. and agencies of the US agriculture and veterans affairs departments manned booths to answer queries from the public on various matters ranging from consular matters to locating missing World War II veterans’ remains, and from humanitarian aid to education opportunities in the US.

The event also featured performances by Jed Madela

, Charice Pempengco,

Luke Mejares, Razorback,

the US Navy 7th Fleet Band, gospel singers and hip-hop groups.

There were also free food samplings from American companies,

a film screening, football and baseball clinics, and an exhibit of American vintage cars.

Part of the embassy’s “Best of the USA” presentation regaled Filipino audiences with film clips and green screen photo opportunities featuring famous historical and scenic American landmarks such as Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty and the New York City skyline.

Edited by ed villas

Monsoon

including “friendly” tourist visa processing.

I would say, if you want a tourist visa for your wife/gf/friend/whatever who is a Philippine passport holder, now would be the time to do so. 

Don't listen to these guys on here who applied 10 years ago or brought a bar girl in for a visa interview. 

As of sometime last week, I became the managing director of a company here in the Philippines. We have had near 100% visa success rate for people in our office in the last few months. Last year it was something like 60%, according to the reports provided to me by my HR manager.   These employees are going for  short, professional visits, trade show attendance or training type visits. But nonetheless its the same visa - 6 months multiple entry. 

Willie

Similar "representatives" of the United States government yet again barnstormed through Medan recently.  As has been the case in this Obama era, the group was led by two recently hired Black diplomats.  The American cultural sharing was represented by a crotch-clutching rap group.  There was a quasi-academic lecture given by an Angela Davis lookalike on "diversity theory."  Given my work in higher education in North Sumatra, there is no way I can duck these embarrassing functions.  My local colleagues are still snickering.  

Steve and Myrlita

I tried to get Myrlita a Tourist Visa only 3 years ago. We had everything asked for in proper order. When she had her interview the interviewer let the truth slip out. Your apprval or denial was already decided the night before you even got there. It is a quota setup. Each agent is allowed to give out 2 and only 2 visas a day. They are to give them the ones best on his appt list and the rest are denied for whatever reason they can think of. It has absolutely nothing to do with "National Security" or who will or will not return. It's all about the money and nothing more. The B1/B2 visa is a cash cow. I know our US economy is hurting but why suck it out of poor Filipinos trying to feed their families? Just my 2 centavos....God Bless....

• Like 1