shadow
I like Can-Am, maybe an Outlander 800 LTD. :-)

Harry

I was touring the SYM factory in Taiwan, I was surprised to see they were manufacturing CAN-AM Quads.

go figure, Canadian-American, built in Taiwan! I was told I didnt see that,LOL but I did!

You would be surprised what comes out of Taiwan. Polaris for instance has many of it's units manufactuired by Aeon. As I mentioned earlier, Eton has huge manufacturing plants in Taiwan, where much equipment is made. Most of the stuff I have worked on from Taiwan is not bad in quality. Not to Japan standards, but much better than China stuff.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in dumaguete

I like Can-Am, maybe an Outlander 800 LTD. :-)

Harry

I was touring the SYM factory in Taiwan, I was surprised to see they were manufacturing CAN-AM Quads.

go figure, Canadian-American, built in Taiwan! I was told I didnt see that,LOL but I did!

Can you buy a Outlander 800 LTD in RP?

Harry

USCebuana

Thank you guys for all the info. I'm going to look around when I come to Cebu maybe later this year.

• 1 month later...
ppatrick671

hello,

i bought a atv here in cebu. its not as good quality as the ones in america but it does ok. its 150 cc. i got it at skygo in capitol. close the the courthouse in cebu. i dont know when you will arrive, but i think they are going to stop selling them. i purchased mine 5 months ago and i had it registered for the road. i drive it around basak, lapu lapu all the time. but now i have been told they will not register anymore for the road. so skygo has said they will discontinue selling them. now i dont know how much of that will really happen. i dont even know for sure why they wont register them anymore. i talked to lto and they said sense mine was already registered, that they have no choice but to re register mine and let me keep driving it. but as for new ones i am not sure.

shadow
hello,

i bought a atv here in cebu. its not as good quality as the ones in america but it does ok. its 150 cc. i got it at skygo in capitol. close the the courthouse in cebu. i dont know when you will arrive, but i think they are going to stop selling them. i purchased mine 5 months ago and i had it registered for the road. i drive it around basak, lapu lapu all the time. but now i have been told they will not register anymore for the road. so skygo has said they will discontinue selling them. now i dont know how much of that will really happen. i dont even know for sure why they wont register them anymore. i talked to lto and they said sense mine was already registered, that they have no choice but to re register mine and let me keep driving it. but as for new ones i am not sure.

There currently is no laws in place for them, and cannot be registered. They are considered an offroad vehicle, and as such are not for highway use. Some unscrupulous companies were/are registering new units as motorcycles, in order to make the sale. However, when it comes time to re-register, it becomes difficult. Of the 30 or so that I am in direct association with, none have been successfully re-registered once that initial year is up.

That being said, they are driven on the streets in this area without being registered and without problems. LTO so far has ignored the issue, but have told people riding them to stay off the national highways. The city streets and backroads don't seem to make a difference to them for now. If it did bother an LTO officer, your registration would be voided anyway as I assume it yours is registered as a motorcycle?

Larry in Dumaguete

smokey
hello,

There currently is no laws in place for them, and cannot be registered. They are considered an offroad vehicle, and as such are not for highway use. Some unscrupulous companies were/are registering new units as motorcycles, in order to make the sale. However, when it comes time to re-register, it becomes difficult. Of the 30 or so that I am in direct association with, none have been successfully re-registered once that initial year is up.

That being said, they are driven on the streets in this area without being registered and without problems. LTO so far has ignored the issue, but have told people riding them to stay off the national highways. The city streets and backroads don't seem to make a difference to them for now. If it did bother an LTO officer, your registration would be voided anyway as I assume it yours is registered as a motorcycle?

Larry in Dumaguete

here in cebu and talisay the Triskads and the trikes are told the same thing but they still ride on the main highway.. but then again a foreigner breaking the law means MONEY>>.