Australian arrested for rape allegations.

Humboldt

His Lawyer has Good News & Bad News ,, after setting in jail for months they willing drop the statutory rape charge

to having sex with a minor ,, Amicable settlement amount  200,000 peso's , and black listed from ever returning to Philippines

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• Paul

• seaman

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my opinion that too many foreign men hire young ladies as house helpers when the men have every intention of sex while the girl only has thoughts of a decent place to work.  Were this guy and gal

What I don't understand is he apparently raped her and then she still worked for him and then only complained after he tried to rape her again. Sounds bloody fishy to me.     Sent from my iP

CSI:Cebu   Season 12 Episode 23 "Counting Teeth"

Posted Images

Jim Sibbick

Employing a 17 year old in the first place makes me think he at least had naughty thoughts.

If you want to emply a house maid, in my opinion, you should find the uggliest and oldest lady avialble, capable of pereforming her house maid/caretaker dutes. Then temptation is removed..

• Like 4
RogerDuMond

While I have no doubt that there was sex between them, I do have some real difficulty with what has been presented as facts so far.

Take a closer look at Philippine law. He is 60 and she is 17. Whether it was consensual or not, by law it is still rape.

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

You sir are mistaken.

Please cite the basis of your 'knowledge'

'Vaginal swabs' are not required for a rape arrest. 100% verbal/accusation is quite sufficient. At least in the US. In the Philippines you don't even need to be in the same province as the alleged victim at the time of the crime to be arrested. 

So whether you want to talk about circumstances in a real justice system or the one they have in the Philippines that they hold out as a real system, doesn't matter. In either case you don't need physical evidence.

In order to arrest a party, all law enforcement officers need to demonstrate is the existence of probable cause. A law enforcement officer does not need to know everything. The goal of law enforcement officers is not to find out who is right or wrong. Law enforcement officers have the job of preventing harm to all parties, including themselves.

If an individual makes an accusation of rape, law enforcement officers may investigate the concern. This can lead to the person accused of rape being arrested. It depends on the circumstances of the situation as to whether the investigation leads to the arrest of the individual accused of rape.

The definition of rape varies between states. In some states, rape is known as “sexual assault” or “sexual battery.” In many states, the definition of rape includes forced sexual contact between both people of opposite sexes as well as people of the same sex. Many states will also consider consensual sexual contact involving a child rape. This type of offense is commonly known as “statutory rape.” Rape typically carries a penalty of prison time and heavy fines. In some situations, it may require registration as a sex offender.

Law enforcement officers who come to investigate rape accusations may develop probable cause to arrest one or more of the parties involved in the incident. They develop probable cause to arrest on what they see and hear before and during their visit. Law enforcement officers are more likely to develop probable cause to arrest if they observe any of the following things.

At the scene, the alleged victim is extremely distraught. The alleged victim may be crying, hysterical, or undergoing an anxiety attack.

There is an audio or video recording of the alleged victim sounding as if they are in great distress. This is especially true if the alleged victim called an emergency service such as 911.

The alleged victim tells the story the same way every time they are approached. They also tell the same story to different people.

The alleged victim’s clothing is torn.

The alleged victim appears to have been physically attacked. An example would be noticeable bruising.

There is physical evidence of a struggle in a location. Some examples are a bush with broken limbs and a bed with ripped sheets.

There is a witness or witnesses present who back up the story of the alleged victim. This is especially true if the witness appears to be an uninterested party. One example of an uninterested party is a neighbor who is not a relative, friend, or acquaintance of the alleged victim.

The alleged victim appears to be young, vulnerable, or both.

The alleged attacker admits to attacking the alleged victim.

If the alleged attacker gave a statement, their statement is inconsistent.

Law enforcement officers are less likely to develop probable cause to arrest the alleged attacker if they observe any of the following things.

The alleged victim takes back their story. This can backfire if the alleged victim seems fearful of the alleged attacker.

The alleged victim tells their story a different way every time they are approached. They also tell their story differently to different people.

The alleged victim indicates that any part of their story or all of it might be false.

The alleged victim is intoxicated. The degree of their intoxication is relevant as to whether they appear to be telling the truth, can distinguish fantasy and reality, and seem motivated for an unrelated emotional reason.

The alleged victim tries to physically harm the alleged attacker in front of law enforcement officers.

The alleged victim indicates that he or she is engaged in a heated legal battle about other matters with the alleged attacker.

The alleged victim indicates that they called law enforcement officers to get revenge on the alleged attacker for an unrelated matter.

There is a witness or witnesses present who back up the story of the alleged attacker. This is especially true if the witness appears to be an uninterested party.

If the accused attacker gave a statement, their statement is consistent.

Ozepete

No woman would go through the process and humiliation of trial had she not been a victim of abuse and her only motive is to seek and obtain justice; When she says she has been raped, she says, in effect, all that is necessary to prove that rape was, indeed, committed

If this incredible statement is indicative of the level of common sense legislators of The Philippines have, then no wonder the country is a basket case and pity the general populace. 

I mean, are they really that stupid or is this a miss print or perhaps intended as some sort of sic joke?

• Like 5

is this a miss print

no it is not a misprint nor a joke.  it should, however, be required reading for anybody who applies for a visa to live here.

• Like 2
thebob

Take a closer look at Philippine law. He is 60 and she is 17. Whether it was consensual or not, by law it is still rape.

It is illegal for him to be alone with her in the same room.

• Like 5
smokey

Employing a 17 year old in the first place makes me think he at least had naughty thoughts.

If you want to emply a house maid, in my opinion, you should find the uggliest and oldest lady avialble, capable of pereforming her house maid/caretaker dutes. Then temptation is removed..

Really well my wife hires our house helpers now I know she must have naughty thoughts

• Like 1
MattFromGA
In western countries it takes more than just a girl's statement saying she was raped for a guy to be arrested.

Dude, when did you last go to a western country, 100 years ago???

Ever hear about the Duke Lacrosse Team being accused of rape and in the end it was shakedown?  Read about it and how much it fecked with everyone's life.  It was even a low life stripper/whore crack addict and they still believed her over groups of guys.

Edited by Jim Sibbick
removed personal attack
  • Like 1
MattFromGA

If this incredible statement is indicative of the level of common sense legislators of The Philippines have, then no wonder the country is a basket case and pity the general populace.  I mean, are they really that stupid or is this a miss print or perhaps intended as some sort of sic joke?

Its not just the Philippines.  It appears the entire world is devolving, one decade at a time.  Hopefully this is just some hick-up in humanity and not a full regression to something like the dark ages.

My faith in humanity has been dwindling away for a long time now.  As a kid I really thought we were moving forward with science and technology and humanity such that we would be a unified people working towards space travel.  Now I realize what a joke that really was.

• Like 2
SkyMan

if true and her being only 17 years old? He may never see freedom again in this lifetime.

The truth probably won't enter into it.  If he can't buy her off, he's toast.

He could be as poor as most of us
most of us rich foreigners that is.

surprised they didn't charge him with trafficking

Quite true.  He was guilty of that just by having her in the house.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Quite true. He was guilty of that just by having her in the house.

for me that's all there is to the situation. if the guy employed an under age gal then he is guilty already. there is no legit reason to ever have such young house help. this guy was looking for trouble and it came in spades. 

• Like 3

I may not be able to tell the difference between 17 to 19 here all the time but I sure as heck know that I can tell when a lady seems to be over 21, so why should any of us even take a chance and hire anyone who looks under 21 to work for us. If we were to hire a helper at all, then to play it safe they would have to be older, or at the very least 21 or over, and sure as heck would have to look over 21. 

From reading this forum and many others over the years, it does appear to me that a lot of guys seem to like young girls and I have no problem with that and to each his own as long as those young girls are over legal age, even when young girls would never be my choice, since I prefer a woman.

I do not know if the guy in the op is guilty or not but if nothing else he is stupid for hiring a young girl in the first place in a country where just being alone with someone under 18 might end in jail time.

• Like 3
MattFromGA

One solution would be to wear Google glass all the time you're around other people, with the video time coded and transmitted to multiple servers.  Questions about what happened at a given time could be easily answered.  

• Like 4

I don't know if he is guilty of rape but definitely has no common sense by employing someone under 18. I never hire a live in and I always hire a married middle aged woman with common sense that will do the job and go home. Never let a minor not your own child to be in any room with you alone if you are a foreigner.

• Like 3