Australian arrested for rape allegations.

For Real

I don't think I'd call a 17yo a child.  Probably not even a 14yo is a child.  But underaged for sure.

Your post sends shudders down my back.

I much prefer to call a 14 year old or a 17 year old a teenager...the word underaged only pisses off the teenager and reframes the subject (teenager - or underaged if you prefer) as legal to do x, y and z.

Whilst i agree a teenager is not a child and I agree a teenager is incapable of making adult decisions (not an adult) but our childen (of if you choose do to call them underaged) deserve a better label than underaged.

• Like 1
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• Paul

• seaman

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my opinion that too many foreign men hire young ladies as house helpers when the men have every intention of sex while the girl only has thoughts of a decent place to work.  Were this guy and gal

What I don't understand is he apparently raped her and then she still worked for him and then only complained after he tried to rape her again. Sounds bloody fishy to me.     Sent from my iP

CSI:Cebu   Season 12 Episode 23 "Counting Teeth"

Posted Images

Your post sends shudders down my back.

I much prefer to call a 14 year old or a 17 year old a teenager...the word underaged only pisses off the teenager and reframes the subject (teenager - or underaged if you prefer) as legal to do x, y and z.

Whilst i agree a teenager is not a child and I agree a teenager is incapable of making adult decisions (not an adult) but our childen (of if you choose do to call them underaged) deserve a better label than underaged.

In this case and other such cases in general.

What we think or believe based on our country's laws and culture are not significant, don't get caught up in the words and expressions like children and rescue.

This is defined in the law here in the Philippines, what we believe to be immaterial.

"Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition;"

Philippines takes rape seriously, until 2006 you could get the death penalty for rape. Capital punishment was suspended via Republic Act No. 9346 in 2006.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

comments are becoming too personal

Paul

comments are becoming too personal

If people start attacking each other, just give them a 10 points warning for personal attacks. I promise you, that WILL solve the issue.

• Like 1

Harry - I think you have a small problem.  You were the one who brought up your involvement in several cases . In reply to which people naturally asked you what your involvement was.  Since you are a mod and you are the one who brought the matter up I think its kind of hard for you now to claim " off topic " 

No I don't!

Of course it may be off topic when someone takes a small portion of a post to create a separate "topic" her, it's what's off topic are.

My answer here is also off topic, but I have to answer, especially when you uses my status as a moderator as one of your points . Your statement her is also off topic!

If I write that I will be driving to Tolido to investigate the issues further, it is of course off topic to ask what kind of vehicle I will be using!

RogerDuMond

I think we have talked this out enough and it is no longer about the original topic. Therefor.........

• Like 1
Paul

No I don't!

Of course it may be off topic when someone takes a small portion of a post to create a separate "topic" her, it's what's off topic are.

My answer here is also off topic, but I have to answer, especially when you uses my status as a moderator as one of your points . Your statement her is also off topic!  

If I write that I will be driving to Tolido to investigate the issues further, it is of course off topic to ask what kind of vehicle I will be using!

Once I made my post, everyone should have let all former off topic posts drop, including staff. 

• Like 1
Bill H

I hope this is considered on topic so I'm not penalized.

Has anyone been in contact with this guy to get his side of the story?  Or checked on him in any way?

• Like 3