Australian arrested for rape allegations.

CEBU, Philippines - A 60-year-old Australian national was arrested by the Toledo City Police after his 17-year-old caretaker accused him of raping her last Sunday.

The complainant also alleged that the suspect tried to rape her again yesterday morning.

In a telephone interview, PO1 Diomelen Abarquez of the Cebu Provincial Police Office Operations Branch said the suspect was identified as Lawrence John William, 60, a resident of Barangay Poblacion in the town.

Abarquez said the victim, a native of Negros Oriental, sought their help yesterday afternoon and alleged that William tried to rape her at around 5:30 a.m. yesterday.

In a separate phone interview, SPO2 Liza Maquidato of the Toledo City Women’s Desk told The Freeman that the girl worked as caretaker of William’s house and the Australian sends her to school. Yesterday, the man allegedly tried to rape her inside the house.

“Maoy ingon sa biktima nga gi-rape siya sulod sa balay unya gisulayan siya og rape adtong Domingo unya gi-usban na sad gahapon sa buntag (That’s what the victim said…that she was raped in the house last Sunday and the man tried to rape her again yesterday),” Maquidato said.

Freeman ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:

After hearing the girl’s statements, the Toledo City police immediately went to William’s house and arrested him. 

“Didto ra man ni siya masikop sa iyang balay (He was arrested at his house),” said SPO4 Carmelito Hornales.

Maquidato said charges are set to be filed against William today. – (FREEMAN)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• Paul

• seaman

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its my opinion that too many foreign men hire young ladies as house helpers when the men have every intention of sex while the girl only has thoughts of a decent place to work.  Were this guy and gal

What I don't understand is he apparently raped her and then she still worked for him and then only complained after he tried to rape her again. Sounds bloody fishy to me.     Sent from my iP

CSI:Cebu   Season 12 Episode 23 "Counting Teeth"

Posted Images

JamesMusslewhite

if true and her being only 17 years old? He may never see freedom again in this lifetime.

• Like 3
contraman

or just another way of shaking down "A rich foreigner"

I must have missed something here.

Where did it say "A rich foreigner" ?

He could be as poor as most of us

Edited by contraman
  • Like 5
RogerDuMond

Its my opinion that too many foreign men hire young ladies as house helpers when the men have every intention of sex while the girl only has thoughts of a decent place to work.

That is a safe bet, because one is too many.

• Like 6
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

My father taught me to always have an ugly secretary.

I havnt always followed that advice but definitely appreciate the wisdom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
quit_yume

My father taught me to always have an ugly secretary.

I havnt always followed that advice but definitely appreciate the wisdom.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

my dad taught me the same concept.  he owned bars and lounges and would never hire the most attractive ladies to work there.   his first concern was if they were too pretty they would wind up in relationships that took them away from his employment faster..  secondly he didn't want to deal with the temptations for himself.   that second point didn't seem to work too well since he dated a bunch of them anyway.. lol

• Like 2
Dragonladies.org

How smart is it to have a 17 year old female, non-relative, living in your home in any country?   I'm curious if there were any other residents of the home?  Wife, GF, ??

With my luck I'd hire the oldest, ugliest, fattest caretaker,and she'd still claim I tried to do something.

• Like 6

When these topics come up, we should have a requirement to post a poll with all options that cross our minds during these posts. 

Lord only knows the truth, for sure. 

• Like 3
POTATOMAN

IF THEY were both westerners in a western country i think he would still get arrested

smokey

How smart is it to have a 17 year old female, non-relative, living in your home in any country?   I'm curious if there were any other residents of the home?  Wife, GF, ??

With my luck I'd hire the oldest, ugliest, fattest caretaker,and she'd still claim I tried to do something.

when someone wants a job they will tell you what you want to hear we have two one said she was 22 and had id and as time went on and she trusted us and we her she confessed to being just turning 18 it was her sisters id she was using because she needed the job..

• Like 2

IF THEY were both westerners in a western country i think he would still get arrested

In western countries it takes more than just a girl's statement saying she was raped for a guy to be arrested.  There has to be some other evidence to support the girl's claim of rape allegation before police can make an arrest.  In Philippines it appears all it takes for police to act is just the girl's accusation of rape because the other evidence that police needs comes in the form of the guy being a foreigner.

seaman 

• Like 3