Sign in to follow this  
Runian

Castle peak (pikk) hotel

Runian

relatively cheap if booking online at 1588 php / day 

Got an ok room where all worked, although it was an interior room one cant expect all that much for a smokers room . 

Room service was fast, however if u want complementary water u have to specify that when u order your food, and u get a mug of I hope purified water. The provided tooth brush and paste some1 stole in Mandarin hotel lol (seen that somewhere else also) 

Restaurant sucked *** we ordered a salad, calamaris, soup, pork steak and T- bone. After 15 min the salad arrived and I thought the calamaris and soup was to follow .. yeah that took 45 min more and in Filipino fashion it all arrived at the same time ... The food was ok if u compare to street food. 

Later I ordered King Prawn OMG they could not even be bothered pealing them, they cut a slit in the back and spooned on something green. 

But the French fries was good! 

R

• Like 1

mistaeric

I'm staying at the Castle Peak hotel now and the only reason I CONTINUE to stay is I prepaid online in advance.  I concur the restaurant sucks and so does the front desk (2 slow clerks with lots waiting guest) WiFi slow as molasses in the North Pole. This morning only half of the cable channels were working. There is NOTHING around this hotel but a laundry mat across the street. A small store next door is the only bright spot. Local calls are P8 per min!!! I never stayed in a hotel in Cebu were they charge for local calls. Hotel restaurant will add a 10% service charge whether you eat AT the restaurant OR get room service!! My room has carpet that don't look like its been cleaned since it was installed. YMMV!!

arentol

Just down the road (towards Citi Park Hotel) there's a bunch of restaurants in a small shopping center adjacent to Rainforest Cafe; it's within walking distance. There's also a 7-11 there and, adjacent to Citi Park, a Fooda. Of course Ayala is down the road the other direction.

Sounds like the hotel blows, but is in a good location.

There is NOTHING around this hotel but a laundry mat across the street.

mistaeric

Just down the road (towards Citi Park Hotel) there's a bunch of restaurants in a small shopping center adjacent to Rainforest Cafe; it's within walking distance. There's also a 7-11 there and, adjacent to Citi Park, a Fooda. Of course Ayala is down the road the other direction.

Sounds like the hotel blows, but is in a good location.

When I say AROUND the hotel heres whats I mean. Diplomat has restaurants across the street and 7-11. Holiday Plaza has Neo Neo and Bo's coffee shop within a few steps out the door.  I just walked 4 blocks to the Sarrosa Hotel on a barely there sidewalk and didn see nothing but filipino crap restaurants. I would not have my girl walking farther than a block or two to get a bite. But if you think its in good location thats great for you. but I don't

arentol

Yes, a hotel that is 5-minutes away from Ayala and 10-minutes from SM is obviously in a crappy location. Maybe Jose's Pension Hut in Minglanilla would be a more convenient option for you.

Reminder to self: Stop wasting time trying to help people.

Good luck.

But if you think its in good location thats great for you. but I don't
Edited by arentol
  • Like 1

mistaeric

Yes, a hotel that is 5-minutes away from Ayala and 10-minutes from SM is obviously in a crappy location. Maybe Jose's Pension Hut in Minglanilla would be a more convenient option for you.

Reminder to self: Stop wasting time trying to help people.

Good luck.

You missing my point. Im well aware I could JUMP in a taxi and be at Ayala or a few blocks to a small complex on J .Cabahug. Its great location for Ayala I agree. But I prefer a short walk out of my hotel to find a barber shop, money changer, a bite of western style food,  without having to use a taxi or walk a country mile. I just gave you some great examples of hotels with the amennties I like, so the sarcasm with Jose's pension hut was not called for. With your attitude maybe you should stop wasting time helping people

• Like 1

bargeman

didn see nothing but filipino crap restaurants

Nice to see you enjoy the Philippines. :cool:

I would not have my girl walking farther than a block or two to get a bite.

Wonder what she done before she met you then? :cool:

• Like 1

mistaeric

Nice to see you enjoy the Philippines. :cool:

Wonder what she done before she met you then? :cool:

Yep I enjoy the Phils ,except crap filipino restaurants.And she was in college before she met me. Anymore questions?

bargeman

Yep I enjoy the Phils ,except crap filipino restaurants.And she was in college before she met me. Anymore questions?

Lucky girl then. As well as meeting you and prior to that,she never walked more than two blocks to get something to eat and then never in 'crap' Filipino restaurants.

SomeRandomGuy

In all honesty I have before here said castle peak was my hotel of choice when in Cebu but about two weeks ago me and gem were there and the service was horrible(I've been staying there on and off for four years when I'm between homes).

I have even advised people to stay there but more and more it has become shit house and with way to many Koreans.

He'll they don't even treat the locals staying their very well as everyone treated gem like she was my bar fine (except two or three staff that know me and gem from the many times we have stayed there) also heard another Filipino complaining about ignoring her because she was not a foreigner.....

Food was horrible and had increased by 20%. But the quality and service had was 50% worse.

Won't be staying there anymore. Nor will I be suggesting others to stay there.

They have dropped the ball their lately.

Quick bit. Arentol? Shit can't remember your name. Be not your fault the hotel has dropped its standards bro. I too used to suggest there but no more. So dude that is staying there don't blame him. The hotel is under poor management and that guy lives upstairs on same level as gym and is a rude prick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Quick edit Arentol? Shit can't remember your name. Be not your fault the hotel has dropped its standards bro. I too used to suggest there but no more. So dude that is staying there don't blame him. The hotel is under poor management and that guy lives upstairs on same level as gym and is a rude prick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mistaeric

Lucky girl then. As well as meeting you and prior to that,she never walked more than two blocks to get something to eat and then never in 'crap' Filipino restaurants.

She's from the squatter are called Duljo, and she only had to walk 20 ft from her front door to find someone selling food. Not 2 blocks.