Sign in to follow this  
4thDan

When is enough ...enough?

Lee

Fat means rich in the Philippines, so it seems most locals I have spoken with wish to be fat. I remember one lady tell me that after she marries a foreigner, that she cannot wait until she gets fat. :shocked:

Skywalker

I remember one lady tell me that after she marries a foreigner, that she cannot wait until she gets fat.

Gosh, someone should have told her that if her husband wanted a fat wife, he would have been looking for a fat girlfriend.

I told my wife if she ever gets fat, I would leave her in a New York minute.

Lee

Gosh, someone should have told her that if her husband wanted a fat wife, he would have been looking for a fat girlfriend.

I told my wife if she ever gets fat, I would leave her in a New York minute.

I did tell her that fat in western cultures means unhealthy and that she should not get fat if she wishes to keep her husband happy. I feel it is a shame that the get fat lie is perpetuated here in the Philippines but I guess if it were not, then a lot of us heavier guys might not so easily find great wives. 

• Like 1

Skywalker

I feel it is a shame that the get fat lie is perpetuated here in the Philippines but I guess if it were not, then a lot of us heavier guys might not so easily find great wives. 

Can you tell that to all the beautiful young women constantly throwing themselves at me, and I could never be described as heavy.

Shit, I don't even look well off, since I pretty much dress down for the hot weather.

The only scowls I get these days, are from old fat foreigners sneering at me when I drive past in my Toyota.  WTF is that all about?

roaddog

I'm not giving up my DD Bavarian cause they run a ad with a chubby kid. Try a Mr donut bavarian. Nothing in the middle but hey 5p cheaper.

johnboy999

Actually that little girl is one of the hotest new stars in the Philippines. She won some major talent contest. Her movie with Kris Aquuno and her trophy child was the number one movie recently. The little girl already has her own TV show.

She is a natural comedian.

Sent from Note 3

Yeah, it's Ryzza Mae Dizon, even has her own chat show during the day, so she's a bit of a celebrity in the Philippines. I guess some people haven't heard of celebrity endorsement for products????

• Like 1

Humboldt

we shop in both health food store's and discount supermarket's  ,, ... its easy to notice the different  types of peoples ..

not everyone an afford to eat super healthy , and a lot of people have developed a taste for processed foods  

the health nut might be more prone to die of stress worrying about every little ingredient ..

while the junk food eater might be more prone to die from heart attack ,,,,

exercise is key to.quality of life..

• Like 1

ex231

The only scowls I get these days, are from old fat foreigners sneering at me when I drive past in my Toyota.  WTF is that all about?

Well speaking as an old fat foreigner I'd have to say it's Toyota envy. Once while back in the states I was sitting in my Vette at a stop light and the guy next to me caught me looking and lusting after his Corolla. I was so mortified I could have just cried.

• Like 1

Jess Bartone

Well speaking as an old fat foreigner I'd have to say it's Toyota envy. Once while back in the states I was sitting in my Vette at a stop light and the guy next to me caught me looking and lusting after his Corolla. I was so mortified I could have just cried.

I get that in the Rolls all the time.

agent17

Now I'm hungry, where's the donut truck?

I'm never hungry enough for Mister Donut.

roadking

Hell, you found a advert that didn't contain Toothpaste, Shampoo or milk powder !! :pardon: 

Gus

I havent seen the dougnut one, but the Virgina Hot dog one is enough to make me put down my pizza and reach for the remote !

Runian

being chubby is viewed as coming from a successful family

Same ting my father said to me while in Florida 35ish years ago :D 

I hate the commercial but cos I think of the industry around child actors as exploitation of a defenseless being.  

rainymike

Yes and no. I see a fair number of obese kids on ads and it's usually with an underlying theme that if you're rich enough, if you're someone, then you should bloat your kids so you can show off your wealth through them. Disgusting on multiple levels. I also disagree with the western version of the 80 pound supermodels Can't we just have healthy people in ads? I agree with Dan that a commercial that shows an unhealthy kid being given an unhealthy product in a good light is poor form.

LOL ... the problem is that some people view having an overweight kid is a sign of good health (and wealth). Our oldest boy is a little chunky and I've tried to convince the partner that it's not a good idea. Fell on deaf ears. But after a while, she began to notice that he gets short of breath quickly, can't keep up with the other kids, gets tired quickly, and it seems to be affecting his ability to study/concentrate for long periods. This summer break we've pushed him to exercise more regularly and we try to manage his diet better. 

Also helped when he got assigned a dance partner in school for some activity. He didn't like her. I asked why. He said she's too baboy. I showed him a picture of the girl and him together. Asked him what she thought of him He got the idea.

• Like 1

easy44

If Dunkin Donuts wanted to show their real customers they would be featuring smokey!